Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jg79

Samsung Redemption Of Gifts

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bought a 40" LCD from Samsung when the start of the promo.

I face the same too. But i know is that moris p/l is only a sub-con who is helping samsung to issue the gifts. So if samsung don't have the product, moris is not to be blame. And you know how many people are calling them? It is really alot, that if you are the one picking up the phone, how many times you need to answer all the things.

I mean this is the job, but i think we people should be more considerate to think that the fault actually should be going to samsung not the sub-con.

And moreover, Samsung did not expect them sales of TV so good in SG. Samsung should be getting stock in every week to ended the promo collection fast.

I bought the TV that time, we called and reserve for 1. so the customer service help us to reserve and say that the stock will be arriving in 2-3weeks time. But in the end 1 month later then come. But i did not screw them lar, cos i know that they are in the sense the middleman for us and samsung. so no choice lar. The crowd was like everyday there is what happening.

So my conclusion is if you are fedup with the free gifts collection, blame samsung, they should limit the offer and collate and stock up the free gifts but they never.

huh so quite worrying to see this situation for the redemption, i just ordered 1 R81 yesterday. wonder what will happen when i go down to claim the freebies; i have chosen HTS as the gift :jawdrop:

Hi all, the promo for the $380 voucher as over & Ban Kim Chuan did a special request for me to collect the voucher. Robinson one was out of stock, I took the choice voucher because will have use in buying things for new house... Overall the redempotion process was smooth even though a tad long to wait for my turn. :)

Heh... yesterday was reading this post and getting worried about redeeming my HTS from Morris. I bought my 32 R81 lcd on 13 April and tv was only delivered on 28 April. So wasn't expecting much after reading all the bad post... some more today Saturday so was expecting super long queue.

Reached Burlington at 11:50am, was the 3rd person in queue. Was expecting to be advised to come again to collect my HTS.

But after signing here and there, I was ushered to counter 7 to collect my HTS woohoo :notti: The young guy who serviced me was also nice and pleasant.

Lucky me.... Have to drag the 13kg box home ;)

bought a 37R81 at $1899 with free home theatre system - collection after feb 1 - free $200 instore voucher & free 4mb mp3 player... gonna call up morris if i can collect system earlier!

bought a 37R81 at $1899 with free home theatre system - collection after feb 1 - free $200 instore voucher & free 4mb mp3 player... gonna call up morris if i can collect system earlier!

Came upon this thread and was surprised that this problem on "no stock" is still happening after 1 year.

Are you taking HTX20?

I have called for reservation in Nov and until now have not get it.

Called a few times, went down once and all have the same reason: "Festive Season".

When called for reservation, they said is reserved and I juz need to bring warranty card + receipt to collect anytime. But when I was there, they told me no stock and gave me another reservation number. And the person over there keep saying "Festive Season". I was wondering why would we need to call for reservation in the first place and why they are telling me I could collect anytime when there is no stock??? Did they give my reserve items to another customer?

Called a few times and they keep telling me "Due to Festive Season there is no stock". I was like huh?!?!?! Festive Season no need to work??? Everytime I called them, the during of wait is longer. From 1 week, 2 weeks, 2.5 weeks,..... and now mid Feb... They have to give me a more satisfaction answer. There is always Festive Season around the year, dun tell me I am only getting it in Jun - Aug??? (lesser festive season)

And the person at Morris still can ask me what I want him to do. I told him straight, I want him to call samsung, get the set and bring the theatre set to me can? If not dun ask me this kind of question and give me real reason, solution and not juz use "festive season" as an excuse. I still have to work during this period of time. If samsung do not, mayb I would understand. But he told me samsung is working too. So "festive season" or not does not matter rite?

Sorry for the long post.... was really angry with them...

i thought the "festive season" reason only applies when i'm liasing with US vendors haha. i initially asked for htx20 but have to settle for htx22 coz htx20 is no stock and discontinued. morris gave me a reservation number, they will call me once stock arrives. personally im in no hurry, place under reno, but if by mid-feb still no stock then must create scene already :notti:

OMG... All your message is in 2007.

I brought a Sumsang 32"LCD 1 month ago and is still waiting for the Free HT. I call Morris on the 3rd week on may but was put on waiting list. After reading all your comments, i am quite worried.

Did anyone write a complaint letter to the respective store that you purchase the goods or did anyone feedback to samsung?

i thought the "festive season" reason only applies when i'm liasing with US vendors haha. i initially asked for htx20 but have to settle for htx22 coz htx20 is no stock and discontinued. morris gave me a reservation number, they will call me once stock arrives. personally im in no hurry, place under reno, but if by mid-feb still no stock then must create scene already :P

Hi, Have your gotten yr gift?

Edited by jntan06

Oh dear. Sorry to hear of so many horrible experiences!

We were actually 'warned' by the people who came to install the tv onto our feature wall about the out-of-stock syndrome at Morris. Hence, we called them before we went down and immediately, they confirmed that the stereo system we wanted is available. We IMMEDIATELY drove down to Burlington Square and collected it. Thankfully, our experience was quite pain-free.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear of so many horrible experiences!

We were actually 'warned' by the people who came to install the tv onto our feature wall about the out-of-stock syndrome at Morris. Hence, we called them before we went down and immediately, they confirmed that the stereo system we wanted is available. We IMMEDIATELY drove down to Burlington Square and collected it. Thankfully, our experience was quite pain-free.

Morris told me I bought my R81 TV at too low a price so I am not entitled to the free gift... :rolleyes:

I pursued a while but they stubbornly refused to get back to me... In the end, give up...

Morris told me I bought my R81 TV at too low a price so I am not entitled to the free gift... :rolleyes:

I pursued a while but they stubbornly refused to get back to me... In the end, give up...

huh! i thot if during purchase, its listed that u entitle for free gift, then Morris has no rights to argue. pricing is only between u and dealer, right? they have no say, even if dealer sell u at a price of 1 dollar. :)

if its me, i'll pursue till case.. :)

during my collection of free HT system from Morris last year, i had seen not one, but 2-3 familes deny of the free gift because the purchase price listed on their invoice is less than certain percentage of the RRP. They argue and try to pursue.

What i overheard is that Morries allow them the free gift but need to top up certain sum. Some give up, some top up.

As for me, lucky the shop i bought from (Kong Tai) knows about this. When i bought the LCD TV, the shop purposely write the RRP on my invoice and charge me at a lower price. He told me if he dun write that price down, i wont get any free gift from Morris.... Lucky....

Edited by andylyf

huh! i thot if during purchase, its listed that u entitle for free gift, then Morris has no rights to argue. pricing is only between u and dealer, right? they have no say, even if dealer sell u at a price of 1 dollar. :)

if its me, i'll pursue till case.. :)

I pursued until it became simply not worth the time and effort to pursue any longer... same answer from the manager each time, try to be nice until it got nasty also the same reply that I'm not entitled to this gift. Finally just gave up.