Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
barefootken

Costa Ris @ Pasir Ris: Tv & Data Points

Hi dear all,

Need some advice here for my new HDB place at Costa Ris @ Pasir Ris.

My TV point is located at one side of the wall and I would like to relocate it to the opposite wall as my TV will be placed there.

1. Electrical contractor will know what to do right? Because read in the forum there are people who bought those patch cord cable and pass to contractor to do it, why need to do so? Better quality cable, less interference or?

2. And besides this TV point, is there a fiber optic point just beside it? Or fiber optic point is terminated at the riser box behind the main door?

3. Also understand all the new house telephone points are actually laid using LAN cable so just need to convert the face plate and can use as LAN point already is that true?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Hope the followings answer your questions :)

Ans 1: The contractor will either run a casing OR embedded the SCV cable all the way to the opposite side of the wall. The latter will be more expensive as they need to cut a long slot on the wall to hide the cable, then paste the cut with putty of cement.

Ans 2: There's no fibre optic point beside the TV point. It's terminated in the DB box behind the main door.

Ans 3: Not only the faceplate, but also Ethernet keystone for each LAN point. I DIY this myself. Faceplate costs about $2~$3 each. Cat6 keystone costs about $5~$6 each.

Hi wyx03_2002 thanks for the detailed reply appreciate that!

Did a quick check over the weekend, yes no fiber optic point beside TV point, just telephone point beside it.

Saw some quick write up on converting telephone line into LAN line, seems not too challenging.

Now wondering where to get the tool to ‘punch’ the cables into the Ethernet keystone, perhaps Sim Lim Tower may have?

And when I open up my DB box seems like all the ‘phone’ lines converge into one single telephone point. So if I convert the telephone points into LAN points in the individual rooms, how do you do the splitting in the DB box? Example connect these lines to a switch then connect to the fiber broadband modem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Hope the followings answer your questions :)

Ans 1: The contractor will either run a casing OR embedded the SCV cable all the way to the opposite side of the wall. The latter will be more expensive as they need to cut a long slot on the wall to hide the cable, then paste the cut with putty of cement.

Ans 2: There's no fibre optic point beside the TV point. It's terminated in the DB box behind the main door.

Ans 3: Not only the faceplate, but also Ethernet keystone for each LAN point. I DIY this myself. Faceplate costs about $2~$3 each. Cat6 keystone costs about $5~$6 each.

Check out Fibernet Bundle from VIEWQUEST!!!

600 Mbps @ $65/mth (24 MONTHS CONTRACT)

Download Speed 600

Upload Speed 500

Assured Bandwidth for ALL Traffic 99% of the time

FREE ViewQwest TV

FREE Freedom VPN (3 months) – optional @ $10.70/mth thereafter

FREE Modem/Router Rental

Optional OneVoice™ Residential ($3.95 MRC)

1000 Mbps @ $89.95/mth (24 MONTHS CONTRACT)

Download Speed 1000

Upload Speed 500

FREE ViewQwest TV

FREE Modem/Router Rental

Optional OneVoice™ Residential ($3.95 MRC)

200 MBPS @ $89.95/mth (NO CONTRACT) :notti: :notti: :notti:

Download Speed 200

Upload Speed 200

FREE Modem/Router Rental

FREEDOM VPN ONLY WITH VIEWQUEST!!!

ENJOY USA DRAMA / NETFLIX / PPTV CHINA!!!

SPECIAL PROMOTIONS AVAILABLE!!

SEND YOUR INTEREST TO sales@viewqwest.com NOW!!

Come visit us at:

- ViewQwest Main office showroom - 200 Bukit Timah Road, Atland House

- ViewQwest Experience Booth - Sim Lim Square level 1 (next to the information counter)