Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pepperminticecream

Appeal To Dispose Of Bto Before Mop

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Would like to enquire if anyone have successfully appeal to dispose their BTO before MOP (still have 1.5 years to go) and/or apply for another flat while waiting to meet the MOP for existing BTO.

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No you cant sell you BTO before the MOP. if you cant sell off your current HDB, you cant buy another unit. unless you got another BTO with TOP later than your current home.

this is based on my understand, correct me if im wrong.

Hello Mummychua! Thanks for replying!

I understand that's the basis or rather SOP under HDB, the reason I asked is because I read on this forum on another thread that one of the member managed to appeal successfully to sell his/her BTO before MOP and got another flat. Wondering if anyone else have the same experience and can advise me on this.

Hi peppermint.

Recently, I've visited a flat @ CityView (Boon Keng) DBSS, and there are about 5 units which managed to get permission sell their house before the 5 years MOP under special circumstances. You might want to try asking the HDB officer who might be able to better advise you.

I would think it can be possible with strong reasons. One I can think of, is that you need the cash proceeds for medical purposes. Example, to pay medical costs for someone who needs to undergo surgery or operation.

You can appeal to HDB if you have exceptional circumstances, for example to defray medical costs like what keithong has mentioned above. If for instance you are selling simply to upgrade to a larger BTO, then I believe HDB will not approve.