Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chongster

Livolo Switches And Fire Insurance

Anyone can advise if them china-made livolo switches comply with local electrical standards and if they do not, will they affect fire insurance claims should any *touch wood* electrical fires/damage arise because of them?

The switches look real sweet, but not sure if willing to take the risk. I've got to worry about my own insurance as well as the bank's one that covers their loan risk.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

livolo switches are not approved locally yet, i guess they may affect fire insurance claims. u can call the insurance company and ask.

For electrical switches, it must come with the safety logo as switches are considered control goods. Spring website has a list of controlled goods which states the items which required testing for minimum safety standards. Switch and sockets are covered under these.

I am toying with the same idea (Livolo touch switches) for my next major renovation in 1-2 years time but was disappointed that this is not allowed...

Well I don't know about these switches but if you have your home insurance then loss or house damaged due to fire and that fire caused by unpreventable reasons like spark from switches too also covered in any home insurance policy. But in my opinion don't just choose switches on basis of their looks, just check the quality and see public reviews and then finalize a suitable one. Don't take risk by selecting a low quality product. Read more on it.