Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Dear Reno Bro and Sis

I am new to this forum and am needing to have an air con contractor soon. Spoken to Scott from Cold Engine Air Con and he is superr friendly, plus price is competitive.

Friendly is friendly, but has any forum'ers here engaged in their service before? Do advise? :) Read too much drama going on and abit weary when choosing air con vendor.

Thank you all lots.

Rob

Edited by peterobert

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had engaged with Mr Chua few times for my aircon servicing, I quite satisfied of his service as he did a very good servicing and had gave a very kind advise on how to maintain the aircon in good condition. Indeed, he is a very nice person.

Hi Stephanie

Thanks for the reply! I had decided to go ahead with them for AC installation as so far, the service had been good.

Will update again OTD & after installation. :)

Rob

Hi Rob,

I had engaged Cold Engine Air-Conditioning Service last year December for my new house. Yes, agree with you...Scott are super friendly and he is not a hard sales person,he give me a honest advise. His price is reasonable,the most important is their skill is nice. My husband and me very satisfied with his service provided.

Just engaged them for my AC.

They were the only one whom even bothered to double check with HDB for my 2 compressors' placements even b4 I commit.

Went to 1 at IMM, said they install, HDB kpkb, my problem... the usual upsize from others offering a promo price....

my regular aircon guy for my office... matched their prices... but sama sama.. never informed me about the 2 compressor issues..

Just installed my wiring/trunking at short notice. Committed Sunday, work Tues.... 5 guys turned up for the work, with Scott personally climbing over the ledge for the removal of old compressor

I was wishy washy with a trunking, Scott offered to rehack for a reroute. interesting... but my glass works was hampering routing for electrical as well... what to do...

Pricewise, competitive, Chris/Scott straight forward, no come from behind yet. LOL. in fact asking me to go easy on BTU to save some $$

Waiting for FCU once my main-con settled their stuffs, hopefully next week

Edited by Norman Lee

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with Cold Engine. I contacted them after coming across their thread http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/68230-aircon-installation-best-price/page-1. My first point of contact was Chris and he was more than helpful. Their price was competitive compared to other vendors with a 2x installation included. I decided to go ahead with a no obligation assessment where Scott came down to take a look at our place and I decided to take a Panasonic system 3 from them.

The installations went through without a hitch, on time and nicely done. After installing, they made sure to clean up afterwards. I've only used the aircon for a few weeks now but I can say I am a satisfied customer.

Hi Norman,
How's the workmanship? Any update for us here?

Thanks.

On 16/04/2015 at 6:26 PM, Norman Lee said:

haha

Just finish painting ytd,

They are now at my place, installing the units.

Later after work going to check it out

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 9:59 AM, angelshark said:

Hi Norman,
How's the workmanship? Any update for us here?

Thanks.

I had bad experience with their workmanship. I am very angry now, this is 3rd time water dripping after installation on few months ago in year 2016. Please survey properly before engage. the piping box has to crack open again and again, its became not nice. the house was new renovated. not only that, got to take leave several time just for this !

On 29/04/2016 at 8:36 AM, Fifi@yi said:

I had bad experience with their workmanship. I am very angry now, this is 3rd time water dripping after installation on few months ago in year 2016. Please survey properly before engage. the piping box has to crack open again and again, its became not nice. the house was new renovated. not only that, got to take leave several time just for this !

Thanks for the feedback. Will look around again.

On 4/30/2016 at 9:21 PM, angelshark said:

Thanks for the feedback. Will look around again.

Hi,

Quite surprise to saw a bad feedback for cold engine. I was conducted them for my new house since year 2014 December, so far my husband and i were very satified to their services and workmanship. After that i also had referred some of my friend to them so far they all very satified too. Even until now, we still conduct them for our yearly aircon maintenance. Chris had told me before that they not sell aircon and workmanship but they sell after sales service. I very agreed to them becasue i met an unresponsible contractor before, left my aircon leaking almost 2 weeks:( Anyway, just sharing my experience & perspective to you.

I would like to write a review to your company. Thank you so much to completed my new home aircon installation last week. Very appreciate for all my requested. Scott and his team very helpful and polite. To be honest, i m very like Scott and Michelle service, they even will told me some information that other contractor will not tell me or some information that i was overlook before. My id was gave a suggestion how to install the trunking with easthetics but Scott was remind me the aftermath, finally i was choose to trust Scott because i don't want to take any risk and spend more money for future.They done my install without any hitch. I m definitely satified. I m highly recommend this company:)

Ops, ya.... i also use Cold Engine for my home electrical re-wiring. Price very competitive and thumb up:)

Simon.

Edited by simonYYC