Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pentiumpc

Hdb - Anchor Bolt Size For Ceiling Projector Mount.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think M6 is OK. It is just a static load and you have to install more than 1 pc.

You can check the hole size on the mounting plate of the projector to be sure M6 is not too big.

Unless you are installing very large projector, otherwise, maybe it is not must because anchor bolts are difficult to remove. If you are installing the normal projectors (like those use in offices), just drill holes, install the rubber plugs and use screws to secure the projector. It should work fine. But you should discuss with the shop that sells you the projector.

Unless you are installing very large projector, otherwise, maybe it is not must because anchor bolts are difficult to remove. If you are installing the normal projectors (like those use in offices), just drill holes, install the rubber plugs and use screws to secure the projector. It should work fine. But you should discuss with the shop that sells you the projector.

Just a regular size projector, I will be using m6 bolts. checked with a contractor friend, recommended max size for HDB is M8.

I have since installed 7 ceiling fans at home with m8 bolts.

Ceiling fans are rotating, so it is advisable to use anchor bolts. I have a ceiling fan in my living room. When I change it a few years back, the existing mounting hole location did not match with the new fan. Only 2 of the holes could be used and a new 3rd hole must be drill. The installer fail to successfully remove the old anchor bolt (I watch & knew he tried). And it could not be fully covered by the new fan. So now, I could see a part of the old anchor bolt on my ceiling.

Ceiling fans are rotating, so it is advisable to use anchor bolts. I have a ceiling fan in my living room. When I change it a few years back, the existing mounting hole location did not match with the new fan. Only 2 of the holes could be used and a new 3rd hole must be drill. The installer fail to successfully remove the old anchor bolt (I watch & knew he tried). And it could not be fully covered by the new fan. So now, I could see a part of the old anchor bolt on my ceiling.

you can try using a rotary tool to cut off the anchor and apply putty over it.

Metal anchor is hard to remove and it is more for heavy item

Check you projector weight and I think these nylon anchor should be fine.

As usual disclaimer applys

14ifw20.png

most people don't remove anchor bolt from the wall.

Is usually take out the nut and hammer the bolt into the wall and putty over.

Please drill the entire length of the anchor bolt when installing.