Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
amuletxheart

How To Remove Wall Hooks Mounted Using Metal Pins And Repair Damage?

I want to remove these wall hooks that are mounted into the wall using metal pins.

C46VEv8.jpg

I've tried to remove one of them by melting the plastic using a lighter and pulling out the pins using a hammer and pliers, but the pins broke and got stuck to the wall. How do I remove these stuck pins?

x8kBL2E.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If the pins are embedded and not protruding, it may be easier to just patch up the area and leave the pins inside. Otherwise, will need to dig the area inorder to remove the pins, this will also require patching up.

Patch up: mix white cement with paint to form a paste. use scrapper to smoothen out the paste. Cost less than one dollars.

Edited by gemini

If the pins are embedded and not protruding, it may be easier to just patch up the area and leave the pins inside. Otherwise, will need to dig the area inorder to remove the pins, this will also require patching up.

Patch up: mix white cement with paint to form a paste. use scrapper to smoothen out the paste. Cost less than one dollars.

I will try that to repair the wall surface. But how to remove the plastic part in the first place? My current method of melting the plastic with a lighter is not very effective as it leaves a black streak on the wall.

Thanks for your help.