Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eggarotte

Fire My Id And Change Another

Hi shifus,

Im currently renovating my 3 rm resale. 70% done. Quality of carpenter soso. Bochup switch off attitude from ID. Was thinking of firing her and engage a new ID to continue the job. Since it is half done, im open to change concept for the living room. Had paid a total of 20k for floor, bathroom, electrical, 90% capentry work in kitchen. I dont intent to pay the rest rest of the 30k. Is there a legal implication to it? Is it possible to change ID?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You only don't like the attitude of the ID or is she not getting the stuff that you want done? My friend had an ID done his renovation a couple of years back. They also had some issues and the contractor that the ID engage damage his new fridge and there was some defect with the reno. He refuse to pay the balance of the renovation cost until the ID replace him a new fridge and rectify the other damages. I think it was not done and he did not pay the balance. A year after he move-in, he receive the lawyer letter from the IDs company. So document (probably by email) the issues with the IDs, you may need it later. Bear in mind that they are company and probably have lawyers working for them, we don't.

Well, first was 2 small lights went missing. I thought that maybe i misplaced it somewhere and went on to buy replacement. Last week i discovered another 2 items missing. I clearly put it inside the cupboard. The last was my granite quartz kitchen sink. Brand new and scratched by carpenters..Alot of scratches. The ID is fine, but i suspect is the carpenters that are playing punk.

Normally the ID will co-ordinate delivery (as a form of value adding service), so when the sink was delivered, she should have checked it (or at least got the contractor to check it) before accepting delivery on your behalf. You should highlight to her. Unless you accept delivery yourself. If you 'suspect' the carpenters are a problem, you should discuss with her since they are engage by her, so she is responsible for their actions. But try not to accuse la.... not so nice & you really really don't want to piss the carpenters off.

Im thinking of firing my id too. Mr everything dont know. Have paid deposit of 10%. Can i back out? Dont mind not having back that 10%. My reno have not started yet. HElp any1?

Since you already say: Don't mind not having back that 10%', I think you can make the decision. If only taking 10% and you've already nickname him as Mr everything don't know, do you think the situation will get better or worst? Anyway, got lemon law nowadays, hopefully you can get back the full 10%. Good luck.