Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ks84

Looking For Ceiling Fans With Lights

Hi all,

I am looking for 2 ceiling fans with lights for my living room.. My criteria is 56" with enclosed lights. I dont want those with lightbulbs cos cleaning within the lights can be tedious.

I did some survey and noticed that most fans with lights comes with 18W LED only.

I went to a shop at IMM level 3. They offered me a Mercury brand 56" fan with 24W light installation but I searched on internet on "Mercury Ceiling Fans" but no results came up. Anyone used this brand before?

I actually asked the shop assitant the difference between Fanco fans and Mercury Fans. He mentioned that the Fanco fan's body is made of metal and will rust over the years where as Mercury Fan's body is made of ABS (Arcylic) and no chance to rust.

However, my concern is that most shops they offer only 18W light. If I customise to 24W light, will it affect my warranty and the lifespan of my fans?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Never heard of the brand. We use Crestar and have been very happy with it. We upgraded the bulb too, but it's not LED. We simply got a bigger bulb from the shop. It shouldn't void your warranty. Our socket was rated for 60W (there's a sticker that says max. 60W), which was the standard wattage for old filament bulb. A CF equivalent only uses a fraction of that so we had no problems using an even brighter CF bulb.

I'd just you get a ceiling fan that uses standard E27 screw on bulbs. Less trouble. There are even screw on LED bulbs now. Would avoid anything that would require special parts.

I agree with Ultimax on Crestar fans even though I did not purchase any.

My grandma place has a few Crestar fan and the wind strength is very good and no wobbing at all.

My electrician said that Crestar don't even need to do any balancing as it is perfectly stable.

I know their price is not so cheap compared to Malaysia fans but I will definitely get Crestar for my next ceiling fans purchase.

Crestar also has quite a few models with light kit too.

Fanco e-trinity fan comes with LED 24W. Very powerful fan. Just bought it from Tampoi lightings @ JB at RM1388... Also bought downlights and bulbs from there, very very cheap - distributor price.

Looking for ceiling fans too. I really doubt how to choose from the shop since their ceiling usually is high. Looking at various brands KDK, Crestar, Elmark, Amasco, Relite. Dilemma...

I have found a user selling Fanco ceiling fan at carousell which is at least 30% off what i was quoted at retail shop in Geylang and Balestier. <link removed>

I bought a FFM2000 with 4 lights and installation from them only at $210 and get it installed within 3days. Was abit scare that its a scam as the seller say he does not have a showroom, only a warehouse as they are authorised online distributor for Fanco. The seller requested me to transfer a $50 deposit for the confirmation of the order.

The seller called me to give assurance after calling me. So i decided to go ahead with the purchase.

Installer is from Fanco, Took slightly over 30mins to get the installation done. The remaining purchase was transferred to the seller after the installer has finish the job. Good recommendation!2lve2dk.jpg