Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I'm also in the FB group :)

Btw, can share how do you buy the subway tiles in the TB, do you have to specify how many pieces?

Can't wait to see your subway tiles, have you seen the ones selling at Hafary? if you do, do you mind telling me how the TB quality like compared with Hafary? That way I know what to expect :)

I will be hacking the wall between dining and kitchen completely, build a half height wall (something like yours in the pic but about 30cm in) and build a breakfast counter. Also intend to put up black framed triple fold glass window at the ledge.

I don't intend to do upper kitchen cabinet, so the wall at the ceiling pipe/sink area and any other exposed wall area will be completely covered with subway tiles all the way to the ceiling, also intend to cover the outside of the kitchen wall as well, all around the ledge and maybe the external kitchen wall near the main door. For counter top - will be going for kompacplus - either black or white.

Actually I might even lay subway tiles in toilet too!! Not sure if I will suffer from subway-tiles-overdose or not!! ;)

Like you, i'm thinking of black grouting but the ID I spoke to don't recommend, he said the color will 'run'??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Looking good! I see you are purchasing a lot of the lights from TB?

Hi! Thanks for visiting! Yes, no choice, i have to risk in order to save. Hahaha.

Still keeping my fingers cross. All the lights total spent like SGD$600. I consider a savings, because just last year my in law, bought near 2K just on lightings, and he is 4 room.

I'm also in the FB group :)

Btw, can share how do you buy the subway tiles in the TB, do you have to specify how many pieces?

Can't wait to see your subway tiles, have you seen the ones selling at Hafary? if you do, do you mind telling me how the TB quality like compared with Hafary? That way I know what to expect :)

I will be hacking the wall between dining and kitchen completely, build a half height wall (something like yours in the pic but about 30cm in) and build a breakfast counter. Also intend to put up black framed triple fold glass window at the ledge.

I don't intend to do upper kitchen cabinet, so the wall at the ceiling pipe/sink area and any other exposed wall area will be completely covered with subway tiles all the way to the ceiling, also intend to cover the outside of the kitchen wall as well, all around the ledge and maybe the external kitchen wall near the main door. For counter top - will be going for kompacplus - either black or white.

Actually I might even lay subway tiles in toilet too!! Not sure if I will suffer from subway-tiles-overdose or not!! ;)

Like you, i'm thinking of black grouting but the ID I spoke to don't recommend, he said the color will 'run'??

Wow, seems like we got similar theme ya! The tiles not yet arrived so not able to let you know.

The tiles is paid by pieces in Taobao, 1 box is 50 pieces which is 1m2. I bought 20 boxes. The seller gave me additional 1 box in case of any damages.

Black gout i personally felt is easier to maintain? Anyway if put white it will also become yellow or black. lol. Maybe you can try google image on subway tiles with black gout see if any images. I saw a few, find it quite ok la. I using black gout also due to the black framed window.

An example of the subway tiles with black gout, this is another project by my ID.

03B52305-63CB-40C3-961A-277635D41A3A_zps

Also i happened to saw another AB neighbour posting their T-blog in renotalk too. They are also using Subway tiles with Black gout.

This is the link.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/69594-industrial-is-on-the-rage/page-2

Edited by HansamuQ

i'm torn between the normal subway tiles and the beveled ones... why must we be given so many choices!!!:help:

Beveled are those like a bit 3d type ah? I prefer those though. Trendier.

The progress was slow and steady. 1 week did not visit the site due to on hospitalization leave. :wacko:

ID sent me some progress on the tiles.

There had been some small problem, as the LAN cables are laid under the tiles, so when laying the tiles, it is slightly higher, therefore the main door need to be trimmed 1.5cm - 2cm. A bit upset at first because like that means that the total height of my house will be shorter, and with false ceiling, it will even shorter. But luckily, ID helped me to measure and it is 258cm. So still quite standard i guess. Luckily my ceiling is higher. :P

Living room tiles in progress

2015-03-12%2020.41.03_zpsy8ok7m4p.jpg

Tilers in work

2015-03-14%2011.02.03_zpsvxjxkafc.jpg

Close up - Living Room

2015-03-14%2011.02.03-1_zpsefxpirnv.jpg

Bedrooms - Wood tiles

2015-03-14%2011.02.05_zpse9huihlo.jpg

ID said that the some of the tiles are uneven. But after applying the gout it should smoother.

2015-03-14%2011.02.41_zpsuj2t19zc.jpg

Master bathroom Mozart tiles are up. But too dusty and dirty. After acid cleaning should look better. :paint:

2015-03-14%2012.30.24_zpsjh5qz1n7.jpg

Have been receiving request for my quotation and cost. I think it might be sensitive to published the costings especially the quotation sicne i got it is as early as April 2014. So there may be changes to the material, labour, etc.

So i decided to publish the details instead. Like what are the items that are quoted to me, but without the pricing.

But if you like to know for the cost of any particular items for reference purposes, do let me know.

Page 1

Capture%20Page%201_zpsyf7xubuj.jpg

Page 2

Capture%20Page%202_zpsvwhjp1kq.jpg

Page 3

Capture%20Page%203_zpsbkobyut9.jpg

Page 4

Capture%20Page%204_zpspeaxqxb2.jpg

Page 5

Capture%20Page%205_zpspam3wa9v.jpg

Page 6

Capture%20Page%206_zpsa6bmaso5.jpg

Just went up again, progress was still about the same. Except that the kitchen cabinet base are up. Nothing much.

Have some updates on the 3D.

Master Bathroom

2015-03-16%2020.21.50_zpsg0yjq2wu.jpg

Common Bathroom

2015-03-16%2020.21.52_zps8yu44jrk.jpg

Bedroom 3

Parents%20Room_zpsne0mpwp2.jpg

Nothing done on Bedroom 2 except for L-box as it is meant for kids room, so decided leave it empty. Shall wait for a few more years before deciding.

Hi HansamuQ...

i didn't know HDB allows us (BTO) to hack the original kitchen floor tiles? Didn't know else I would hack & not overlay...thought there's some water - proofing regulations that can't hack :(

Do u know if we can hack the bathroom floor tiles too?

Monday is the first day of my reno. But can only proceed with hacking of kitchen floor cause my hacking walls permit still pending. Hope does not requires PE.

Kitchen hack till clean clean. Debris removed ready for tiling after the wall is hacked.

F2AC6750-0DDD-42FB-B90D-16097BDAAF31_zps

Tiles that i had chosen.

Living Room:

2015-01-05152820_zpsdfef3422.jpg

Bedrooms:

2014-09-14122104_zpsc0a07282.jpg

Kitchen:

2014-12-30165615HDR_zps9864ba74.jpg

Toliet overlay mock up from hafary

Master Bathroom:

2015-01-24124942_zps9aa68b03.jpg

Common Bathroom one side of the wall

2015-01-29085717_zpscf1008a3.jpg

Hi HansamuQ...

i didn't know HDB allows us (BTO) to hack the original kitchen floor tiles? Didn't know else I would hack & not overlay...thought there's some water - proofing regulations that can't hack :(

Do u know if we can hack the bathroom floor tiles too?

HI CountryGlow,

Yes, I initially also thought not able to hack until i saw some of the T-Bloggers also hack, but need apply permit. And HDB during approval will state that you will need to use water proof premix.

Bathroom confirm cannot, need to wait 3 years.

subway tiles in kitchen and toilet, will cleaning be difficult? especially the gout.

Hi Wirriam,

Subway tiles in kitchen will be using black gout, hopefully this will help although not in cleaning, but at least less prominent to dirt.

Toilet that one consider subway tiles? because it is actually big piece of 30x60