Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bearjjj

Our Simple Cozy Home – 5Rm Bto

Yeah! Finally get our keys to my 5 room premium BTO after patiently waiting for 3+yrs!! Now is the rectification period with the BSC, so tired to deal with them, hopefully can clear all the defects before CNY and start our reno soon!!

Anyway, here's our floorplan:

gallery_66142_3_82818.png

We started our selection of IDs after we get our keys last month. Went for a few showflat to checkout their workmanship & design. After 1 months of exhausted ID-hunt, we finally engage Thom signature as our ID. He’s the 1st ID we met after key collection, impressed by his showflat as it is exactly what we want for our new home. Yes, he has sort of the ah beng look but he left a deep impression in our mind, patient and no hard selling, he even voluntary to help us check our defective before we confirm with him. Hopefully we have made a right choice and it will be a joyful journey with him. Good luck to us!! :notti:

Edited by Bearjjj

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Kitchen tap and sink can buy ar? How to check if it fits SG size? I saw from other people's post it is not fitting and water leaks.

TJJ1983, yes alot ppl buy kitchen tap & sink from tb.. for the sink you can check with your ID the max size you can take to fits your kitchen. For us, we'll get our sink from local as it's quite risky to buy such fragile item from tb.. you can join the TB fb grp, shortlist those sellers whom tb members recommend. Inform seller that items are for overseas shipping & ask them to pack nicely for u. :notti:

We had officially ended our defects rectification at the moment. After almost 3 mths, finally can start our reno! Yohoo! :jammin: Is really a nightmare to deal with BSC esp for our floor tiles, the workers insist the tiles are even & follow the hdb guideline. BSC told us, if the tile is uneven by more than 3mm, they will remove and replace, but if under 3mm, they will just put grout to fill up the uneven-ness. 3mm is insane, 2mm is already uneven le!!:curse: They left us no choice, we email to hdb ask for joint inspection and request the equitment to measure uneven tiles ourselves, hdb officer told us bsc must hack & change new tiles for us if the uneven more than 0.8mm, SO they're trying to force us closed case isn't?!!8|

It's frustrating n painful but learnt experience. Glad we din ignore n done our best to get things done, well the end product is not perfect but still acceptable. Huge investment with such poor quality is not acceptable. If u have the time/energy n not in a rush to move in would be good to get the defects done up properly. Good luck!

Before:

gallery_66142_8_1293.jpg

After:

gallery_66142_8_24779.jpg

Edited by Bearjjj

Some pictures of the bare unit before reno start: :notti:

Living rm & kitchen:

gallery_66142_667_41806.jpg

common bedroom & bathroom:

gallery_66142_667_198636.jpg

master bedroom:

gallery_66142_667_52721.jpg

Edited by Bearjjj

Just sharing part of our 3D for my new home. Well, we almost fainted when we 1st saw our 3D from my ID , the drafter never follow our existing tiles color & design as we requested :furious:, not sure is my ID never discuss with the drafter or the drafter was too busy (due to CNY period) so just used back the old 3D pics? :no: After few times of amend, the color & design are nearer to what we want, hope the end product is better than their 3D. Arhhh, WOrry, WOrry, WOrry :dunno:

Living & Master bedroom:

gallery_66142_667_131013.jpg

Kitchen & Master bathroom :

gallery_66142_667_119433.jpg

Edited by Bearjjj

I feel u... I had painful experience to get the defects before and after reno :(((

there were times my leave was wasted as the contractors didnt turn up for the appointments. It didn't happen only once..it was at least 3 times. Pretty upset. No use complaining to the facilities officer in charge.

Electrical work start! :dancingqueen:Happy happy!

gallery_66142_667_175961.jpg

So it's time to shopping!!

Went IFC @ sungei kadut last weekend, hope can settle some of the furniture ! :jammin:

After spending few hours at there, we decide to go back 1st shop Salsal Living to confirm our sofa set. The sales aunty Irene Tay is very nice, not pushy at all, allowed us to change the sofa cover to diff fabric & the cushion size (change 2 seater to 1 big cushion), she even ask us bring out their fabric sample plate under the sunlight to take photo send to our ID so we'll know what color more suitable at our living rm :good: , hope everything sui sui when the sofa come. (The price card was before discount, 20% off for current promotion :sport-smiley-018: )

gallery_66142_667_198971.jpg

Edited by Bearjjj

An emotional week for most Singaporeans. It is really difficult to say goodbye to Mr LKY. We will remember what you had done for us and the legacy you left us. I am thankful for having a roof over my head, in the most beautiful subsidised public housing in the world. Thank you for everything. #RIP Mr LKY.

Some updates on our reno :

False ceiling up -

Living rm/ Kitchen

gallery_66142_667_100813.jpg

Bedroom

gallery_66142_667_62357.jpg

Aircon piping box up

gallery_66142_667_197302.jpg

Aircon insulation:

gallery_66142_667_53975.jpg

Was thinking the installer use the wrong size of insulation for us cuz the piping printed 1/4" & 3/8" :dunno: . Msg my ID to check with his aircon team, according their reply for insulation the respective letters represent the thickness. The 1/4 or 3/8 or 1/2 indication on the insulation stand for the diameter of the holes. Learn something new :bleah:

Armaflex class 1 insulation
F stand for 3/8" thick
H stand for 1/2" thick
M stand for 3/4 " thick

Edited by Bearjjj

Hoe Kee

We went to Hoe kee @ paya lebar to purchase most of our toilet/ kitchen items. Basically we bought 1 kitchen sink, 2 basin tap (mixer), 2 toilet sink, 2 stoppers for basin tap, oven, hod, hoob, spent a total of around 2.2k there. Understand that alot of renotalk owner went to another small shop to purchase their items as the price is cheaper, however we still decide to buy from hoe kee as the price seems not much different but Hoe Kee allowed us to use credit card for payment and they've more choices.

Fujioh Hob / Hood:

gallery_66142_667_92965.jpg

Blanco kitchen Sink / Bosch Oven:

gallery_66142_667_123001.jpg

Edited by Bearjjj