Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bearjjj

Our Simple Cozy Home – 5Rm Bto

We are very glad that we have chosen our ID for our home.He's very patient and helpful even we always have alot of questions and fickle minded on our reno. Whatapps him like whenever we need help, he can reply very fast like 随传随到, even he's engaged with customer he'll reply " call you later" within few mins time. Visit our house almost everyday on weekdays & send us the progress photos after his visit.

gallery_66142_667_23219.jpg

As I've remind Allen few times about our neighbours complaining some contractor anyhow throw their rubbish, he send me this pic today & inform me that the rubbish nearby my house is not belong to his contractor just in case my neighbour complain as we are the only unit doing reno at that level now. Such a thoughtful person!! Thumb up for his service!! :good:

Edited by Bearjjj

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Painting

First coating done! ID advise to choose the Earth color for our house as we prefer the simple cosy but relax feel..The color look nice & bring up the warm atmosphere after completed, happy happy :yeah:

gallery_66142_667_13329.jpg

Laminate

After using few hours to confirm our painting color, my ID give us 2 laminate sample book to bring home for our carpentry color. Think he kinda worry our laminate selection meeting as we always unable to decide what we want hahaha :bleah:

He tell us to take down the code we prefer, he'll ask his carpenter bring down the A4 size for us to compare during next discussion.. But But But OMG!!! So many type & color how to choose?!!! :bow:

I think he'll either kill us or vomit blood during next meeting :rofl:

gallery_66142_667_232445.png

Edited by Bearjjj

Bomb Shelter

Woo... FOC from my ID.. Look nice! :notti:

gallery_66142_667_522539.jpg

Wet Works

ID informed me that the hdb supplier no stock for our kitchen tiles since Feb :angry2:

His man will try to source from other supplier but the color may sightly different from current one, well no choice lor.. Hope wont delay our progress :(

gallery_66142_667_83798.jpg

im from AC too, ask around the facebook group! There are heaps of ppl with extra who are willing to let go at a low price/free. I got mine from one of the neighbours in feb and i think some are still selling/giving away now :)

Home Appliances

We are very slow in purchasing stuffs for our new home. Went to Gain city, Courts, Harvey Norman, Best denki, Audio house for the past few weeks however we still unable to finalized our shopping list. :help:

Washing machine

Due to the "incredible" design of our service yard, my service balcony door opens to the right and the right side is also where the washing machine is supposed to be, with all the piping at both side of my service yard, we can only get a washer size within 60cmx62cm :jawdrop: . As we never use front load before and the top load washer with large capacity is so much cheaper so we try to check ard the model which able to fit in our service yard. After few times of discussion with the salesman, we end up decide to take front load washer instead as we unable to find smth we like to match our service yard, either is the size too big or capacity too little, hope we can get used of the front load washer :dunno:

Harvey norman having promotion for the 7.5kg LG front load washer ($599), forgot to take down the model number at shop, search online found out got 2 diff model number but same function, so which one is better? :rolleyes::bangwall:

LG 7.5kg Front load Washing Machine WD-1475TDT

gallery_66142_667_6290.jpg

LG 7.5kg Front load Washing Machine WD-1275QDT

gallery_66142_667_3041.jpg

TV

Samsung smart 55inch H6203 full Hd Led Tv for living rm

gallery_66142_667_108286.png

We plan to buy another 2 40" TV for our bedroom however ID told us 40" is too big for the room, 37" will be better, any kind soul here can advise your tv size in your bedroom? TIA. :help::help:

Fridge

Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator RS552NRUA1

gallery_66142_667_5381.png

Heater

Another item to headache :(, plan to take Bennington C600 multi heater however some comments that water pressure will be more or less affected when 2 toilets in use at same time and the water not as hot as storage heater. But storage heater need to on it for at least 10 mins so that can have sufficient supply of hot water to :bath:and if is not turn off after bathing, the electricity is still running. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Edited by Bearjjj

bearjjj

LG 7.5kg Front load Washing Machine WD-1475TDT - Newer Model iirc

Heater - how about City Gas heater?

There is this top loader from fisher and paykel at 8kg but within 60cm. I am also using it due to the restriction of space. Still prefer top loader as I can still dump in more clothing at the last minute and use cheaper washing powder too.

I am using Xiao Mi 49" in my MBR which I find it still too small. TV is always not big enough to get the cinema effect. Xiao Mi just launch a 55" using Samsung panel at an incredible pricing of RMB4999 with soundbar and wireless sub. Very tempting to upgrade to this Mi TV and transfer the existing one to my dad's room. :sport-smiley-018:

I will stay always from Korea fridge at all cost and use Japanese brand. Still prefer brands like Panasonic, Sharp, Mit or Hitachi fridge.

Seen some bad review on the Bennington. I using gas heater from Rinnai as I can't stand the bulky tank just above my head. If you insist on running on electric heater, You can look at AOsmith heater that's comes with digital temp control and auto timer.

Thank you MR K & DeadEnd for your kind advise.

DeadEnd, you bought your xiaomi TV from tb? Plan to buy xiaomi tv box from tb but dunno if easy to install ourselves? worth to buy it? Tks

Bearjjj, someone is selling xiaomi TV in SG. Saw in at one of those expo IT fairs.

Personally, I've got some experience playing with the xiaomi TV, personally I feel its a good buy for entertainment room or in your bedroom.

Too busy to update our reno progress.. Finally settle our details drawing and laminate selection.. We spend 5Hour at my ID's office for our laminate color :jawdrop: sooooo tired.. My ID is very patient and helpful, dun think we can make our decision without his advise.. Cant wait to see the carpentry work up!!!:thumbs up:

Home Appliances

Finally bought some home appliances last week..

Bought our Samsung smart 55inch H6203 full Hd Led Tv during best denki roadshow at compass point.. Aim for this tv for our living rm long time ago, courts selling $1749, harvey norman $1750, best denki $1649.. BUT BUT BUT!! The roadshow price is $1388!! Super good deal!! How to said no for such price?! :jammin:

gallery_66142_667_3102.jpg

Another super good deal when we visit best denki tampines branch last weekend.. Sharp 40LE460X Full HD LED 40" TV $388 limited 10 sets only!!

We didn't specify which model to buy for our bedrooms as dun think we'll spend alot of time on tv so price is more important to us..I've check the price from Qoo10 mostly at $468 - $499 + delivery charge, well grab it before it's gone :notti:

gallery_66142_667_39820.jpg

Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator RS552NRUA1

The price for this model is quite standard.. either $1499 or $1399.. Bought at $1399 with $100 grocery voucher + best denki special promotion free Mistral towel fan worth $199

gallery_66142_667_5381.png

LG 7.5kg Front load Washing Machine WD-1275QDT

Bought this model instead of WD-1475TDT, I've check with few seller, they told me 1275 is newer than 1475, some online seller even told me 1475 has discontinue and both model seems carry same function so decide to take this at promotion price $599!!

gallery_66142_667_3041.jpg

Total damage at best denki $3k+ :~*heart pain* (total 3 TV, 3 Tower fans, 1 washing machine, 1 fridge,1 microwave oven)

Edited by Bearjjj

Got some delay on our reno due to last min changing some of the design & add in platform in living room for dining area, carpentry work all up, finally look like a HOME :sport-smiley-018:

gallery_66142_667_4968.jpg

gallery_66142_667_1741.jpg

Super love the combination of wood & white cabinet.. :bleah:

gallery_66142_667_3000.jpg

Super happy with the Tap from taobao .. the head can pull out & change to spray function!!!:rofl:

gallery_66142_667_3263.jpggallery_66142_667_19548.jpg

Edited by Bearjjj