Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xfer

Cement Screed Appeal

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The pre packed cement screed is giving us a headache. From what our ID told us, we only need the cement screed if we are doing vinyl flooring?

Cement screed is also needed for tiles. Appeal for hdb screed is for vinyl or laminate flooring not for tiles. Can anyone share ur flooring quote with the new screed?

From what I understand from contractors is that tiles is thicker and the cement screed must be done so that all is level with no gradient so the tiles will be even. If HDB do the screed for us, it maybe not be level and the contractor have to do a check on the whole screed and if not done well they may have to hack and do all over again so they might as well do it from scratch. Not sure if my understanding is correct.

hi. for those interested to know how much i've been quoted for 5room BTO cement screed. It is "Supply labour and material to lay 3 in 1 prepack cement @Living, Dining and 3 Bedroom $4,163.25"

This is taken from an ID quote.

Hi,

Cement screed is $4,163.25? How much are you quoted for tiling?

What's the floor area for the screeding?

rgds

Hi,

Cement screed is $4,163.25? How much are you quoted for tiling?

What's the floor area for the screeding?

rgds

Supply labour and material to lay 600mm x600mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @Living and Dining $3,588

Supply labour and material to lay 300mm x 150 mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @3 Bedrooms $4,140

950sqft if i am not wrong.

Can we appeal to HDB for the pre-pack cement screed?

May I know roughly how much more is the additional cost for the pre-pack cement and labor comared in the past and now? including the labor, tiles, cement.

Can we appeal to HDB for the pre-pack cement screed?

May I know roughly how much more is the additional cost for the pre-pack cement and labor comared in the past and now? including the labor, tiles, cement.

hi Zen_Zen, what i knew that is will charge extra $3000.00 for 4 room flat! (incleded living and 3 rooms)

I just receive appeal cement screed approved !!, must try too. I wondering yr id did cheat you as you not sure for this

I just receive appeal cement screed approved !!, must try too. I wondering yr id did cheat you as you not sure for this

Hi Hazelcmm83, care to share how did u appeal the cement screeding from hdb. And when should I apply for the appeal. I will b taking my key this oct. thanks.

Supply labour and material to lay 600mm x600mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @Living and Dining $3,588

Supply labour and material to lay 300mm x 150 mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @3 Bedrooms $4,140

950sqft if i am not wrong.

May I know if this figure includes cost of pre-packed cement and tiles?

If not may i know how much you paid for the cement and tiles?

thank you!

Hi guys,

Just email HDB and tell that you are doing vinyl flooring which require cement screeding (Smooth Floor Rendering), then wait for HDB approval (I waited for 3-4 days and got approved).

Good luck!

Hi guys,

Just email HDB and tell that you are doing vinyl flooring which require cement screeding (Smooth Floor Rendering), then wait for HDB approval (I waited for 3-4 days and got approved).

Good luck!

Hi Phangck,

When was your appeal approved? I just got rejected for the appeal.

update: Those whose flat application date, listed in the HDB website, that is after sept 2014 can forget about appealing. Thats what I got from HDB. Now having a big headache on the extra amount needed for the floor work..

Edited by joajas

Hi Phangck,

When was your appeal approved? I just got rejected for the appeal.

update: Those whose flat application date, listed in the HDB website, that is after sept 2014 can forget about appealing. Thats what I got from HDB. Now having a big headache on the extra amount needed for the floor work..

Hi Joajas

Does that mean i can appeal to HDB since i balloted for my flat in 2012 even though i can only get my keys in 2016? Cos since at that time decision was made when the cement screed rule wasn't in place.

Btw, i have opted out of the HDB tiles.. but i still can appeal right? If successful, they will do the screeding for us?