Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
X6GT

Chronicles Of A Simple Bathroom Without Gold Taps

Whoops, have been so busy with the remainder of the reno and other stuff.

But it's pretty much done liao...! Just waiting for shower screen and door hehee...

Here's a sneak preview:

EddqrCv.jpg

Black grout lines for worry-free long term maintenance..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Aaaand here you go, ladies and gentlemen:

D6L5Vqe.jpg

Don't you just love my lovely Pegasus vessel faucet...? :wub:

Edited by X6GT

One step forward, two steps back :(

Instead of wrapping up my reno and enjoying the use of my awesome new toilet, some damage has been done to my tiles thanks to the installation of my shower screen. I am utterly heartbroken, but since 'nobody's to blame', I have to just suck it up.

Man proposes, God disposes... sigh.

Once again, super dumbasses from the People's Republic of La-la Land strike. :furious:

So I had bought some privacy film (you know, for glass panels and doors) from a China seller. Each roll was just the right size for my use. So not only did I buy FOUR different rolls from FOUR DIFFERENT AUCTIONS, I had also sent specific instructions immediately to the seller telling them that I wanted my film in 4 rolls (but of course shipping would be combined).

I had said:

Hi I have bought FOUR (4) rolls of 2metres. Please ship to me in FOUR uncut rolls, NOT one single continuous piece of 8metres. Thanks.

I had wanted the rolls pre-cut at the factory so that I would not have to cut them myself-- I didn't want shabbily cut pieces if I were to attempt them myself.

But no. The mofos sent me one ridiculous roll of 8m that is not even usable. And the width is like milimetres off the alleged size so if I really wanted full coverage, I would have to cut them into small strips and horizontally stick a thousand of those strips on. WTF?!? Why are these people so stupid? Honestly, if I had wanted ONE continuous roll of 8metres, I would have just clicked Qty: 4 on ONE single auction! Why would I go through all that hassle of going to so many different auctions? Aaaargh! :fire::fire::fire:

Seriously, after this reno, I am so DONE with buying anything from China online. DONE!

To cheer myself up, I switched on my shower...

2QMAKgw.jpg

Nice?

Apparently this must be good for people during blackouts. Or people who like to shower in the dark :jammin:

• Like 1

Hi,may I know where you purchase it and how much it the shower head size 16 or 20 thank.

Hi Tarzanboy, you're referring to the shower set right? I got it on Ebay...! It was a HK seller, and you can search something like 'spa shower' or something like that. There are many options. Mine was about $230++...

I think prob can get it on TB also, if you want to go through the hassle.. Ebay is simpler for me, just pay and it will deliver straight away without having to arrange shipping with third parties :)

Hi Tarzanboy, you're referring to the shower set right? I got it on Ebay...! It was a HK seller, and you can search something like 'spa shower' or something like that. There are many options. Mine was about $230++...

I think prob can get it on TB also, if you want to go through the hassle.. Ebay is simpler for me, just pay and it will deliver straight away without having to arrange shipping with third parties :)

Hmm.. shower head size I'm not sure leh. You mean the area (length x breadth)? Or the length? Heh. sorry... Cos usually showerhead measurements are diameters right, for round ones?

I can help you check when I go back there, if you can clarify.. Cheers!

Oh and just to clarify... The shower set from the HK seller was a complete set of rain shower and handheld showerhead, but I had to spend another US$100 to get a Kohler handheld showerhead from a US seller to replace the one the HK seller sent because I wanted something more durable and trust-able. I am also going to be replacing their hose with a Kohler hose that costs about US$90 with shipping for that very same reason :dunno:

Well, if anything happens to my Kohler in the future (choy!), at least I have a spare on standby...

Hmm.. shower head size I'm not sure leh. You mean the area (length x breadth)? Or the length? Heh. sorry... Cos usually showerhead measurements are diameters right, for round ones?

I can help you check when I go back there, if you can clarify.. Cheers!

Thank for the information I totally agree with you eBay is much simple and easy to purchase I not sure how they measures the size of the rainshower head size so far I see in ebay is size 8,12 and 16 but I had seem a renotalk forum guy bought a size of 20.

Thank for the information I totally agree with you eBay is much simple and easy to purchase I not sure how they measures the size of the rainshower head size so far I see in ebay is size 8,12 and 16 but I had seem a renotalk forum guy bought a size of 20

Hi Tarzanboy! I just measured for you the showerhead. It's 30cm x 30cm... :)

I guess it's a lot bigger than the standard size then?

The Doors

Does anyone think I should do something to my wooden door?

Nn2kknf.jpg

I personally feel it looks really nice like this. The other alternative is to paint it black... but why bother when I've achieved this vintage industrial look?