Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yolo

Industrial Is On The Rage!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow so cool and you've so many of them! are they usable or only retro pieces on display? so cute.. :thumbs up:

Can be use, but need to buy the transformer, cos its 110v compared to our 220v.

I got the philips discoverer (TV) and toshiba panapets (radio) as well.. all this will go to the display bookshelf.

I cant stop buying them in the past, whenever we travel overseas, love to look out for old/vintage/retro items in flea markets or ebay.

pag032.jpeg

panar70.jpg

That's really cool! I've never seen one of these before! You must be excited to have them on display now!

Oh ya I wanted to ask about your doorbell. Why the original hdb doorbell located near the kitchen does not have a power supply? I'm gonna fix the same doorbell as yours! But the electrician has already exposed the wire meant for the doorbell which is connected to the main doorbell switch outside. Does it mean it already has power supply since its electrical wires? Sorry for the dumb qns

That's really cool! I've never seen one of these before! You must be excited to have them on display now!

Oh ya I wanted to ask about your doorbell. Why the original hdb doorbell located near the kitchen does not have a power supply? I'm gonna fix the same doorbell as yours! But the electrician has already exposed the wire meant for the doorbell which is connected to the main doorbell switch outside. Does it mean it already has power supply since its electrical wires? Sorry for the dumb qns

Those are not electrical wires I think. Its just wire to link the switch outside your door to your doorbell. You can ask him cover back those wire and you need to locate a new point on where to place the new doorbell nearest to a power source where the electrician can tap. For mine its from the distribution box beside the main door. Have you show the bell to your electrician? Cos mine i show hik he said he fixed b4.. so no problem..

The reno is more or less completed. Left minor touch up here and there. Major cleaning commence tmr.. this are the works done yesterday..

Taps and sinks/basins installed

20150418_092617.jpg

Industrial switches/sockets mounted on the wall

20150418_092539.jpg

Bunker lamps installed on the walls

20150418_092342.jpg

1 metre Tracklights for the passageway

20150418_092354.jpg

Those are not electrical wires I think. Its just wire to link the switch outside your door to your doorbell. You can ask him cover back those wire and you need to locate a new point on where to place the new doorbell nearest to a power source where the electrician can tap. For mine its from the distribution box beside the main door. Have you show the bell to your electrician? Cos mine i show hik he said he fixed b4.. so no problem..

Ohhhh Icic!! okay thanks a lot! We have not showed it to the electrician yet. We have a nearby power source for him to tap though (from one of our fan)

Wow your Reno looks really good! Btw I'm also using similar metal clad industrial switches as you but our electrician did not use the "box" behind and only connect the "top" part flush to the walls like normal switches. Guess I have to specifically mentioned to install the metal "box" part as well?

Ohhhh Icic!! okay thanks a lot! We have not showed it to the electrician yet. We have a nearby power source for him to tap though (from one of our fan)

Wow your Reno looks really good! Btw I'm also using similar metal clad industrial switches as you but our electrician did not use the "box" behind and only connect the "top" part flush to the walls like normal switches. Guess I have to specifically mentioned to install the metal "box" part as well?

Yeah, mr K electrician should be familiar with this doorbell ready. Just show him..

Yeah, ask him put the box also cos without it looks pretty flat.. doesn't look right.

Btw I'm also using similar metal clad industrial switches as you but our electrician did not use the "box" behind and only connect the "top" part flush to the walls like normal switches. Guess I have to specifically mentioned to install the metal "box" part as well?

@cuppers:

you have to let your electrician know specifically that you wish to surface-mount those metal-clad sockets; mounting without the box behind is called flush-mounting. Example of surface-mounting:

zRyE9sn.jpg?1

Ohhhh thanks a lot yolo and shibumi...in the end I think my husband prefers flush mounting instead :/ also cos we have a super tiny kitchen and very super limited kitchen top space...it's horrible. Hence he thinks that surface mounting may restrict our kitchen top space..

We are only using these industrial switches at our kitchen and dining areas for the rest of the house we are using legrand black&grey switches

Yolo, looking forward to more of your furnished pics! Enjoy your beautiful industrial home!

Edited by cuppers

Hi Yolo, I really super like your house but my budget not big :(

Can I ask for the cost of toilet door and the shower screen for both toilets? Did Mr K source them for you? If you don't mind, can share the cost of Reno the 2 toilets? Coz I'm doing my Reno in stages, so this can be my next project :)

Thanks so much!

Hi Yolo,

May I know what paint did you use for your living room and one of your room (a little bluish green)?

Thanks so much!

Hi, u can refer to my post #41 regarding my painting.

Anyway, my shortlisted colors are Snowfield/Fog/Dark Secret/Natural Cane