Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ave5

How To Remove Paint From Stainless Steel Water Pipes?

Hi,

painter painted my water pipes in the toilet by mistake. It was newly changed stainless steel pipes. They are not supposed to be painted. He painted the common toilet pipes but not the master bedroom. I also dunno why?

Is it possible to remove the paint? He has already told me it is not possible. But I went to selfix shop and they recommend a paint remover. So I dunno which is which.

should I also paint the master bedroom pipes (which I really dont want to cos I prefer the stainless steel look) ? Or is it really possible to remove the paint? I really dislike the painted pipes cos they look really ugly. Or I need to replace the pipes again? But if I replace the pipes, would it cause cracked tiles?

Painter has not even apologised and only said will repaint them if I am not satisfied. And there are other mistakes. I thought painting is a simple straightforward job. sigh...

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If a small area/section got accidentally stain by 'stray' paint, then maybe. But in your case, if the pipes got painted intentionally and you want to use paint remover... hmmm I am skeptical it will work. And when you try to scrub it off... you will scratch the SUS pipe. You can still try, start with a small section of the painted pipe first. If it don't work, you can live with it, change to a better color or change pipe (last resort).