Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sugarkitty

Dishwasher And Dishwashing Detergent

After getting a dishwasher, what is the dishwashing detergent you use?

I have been looking on Amazon and realise that their prices are much cheaper than local prices (looking at Finish brand).

However, mine is only a compact countertop dishwasher (Bosch - 6 place setting) - I believe that 1 dishwasher detergent tablet is overkill since Singapore has relatively soft water and my dishwasher is only compact. Not only is it more expensive, it might not be good for my dishwasher to overuse detergent.

For other compact dishwasher users, do you use a full tablet or a half tab? Or do you separately put dishwasher detergent powder/gel and rinse aid?

Any recommended brand? I think Finish is quite heavily promoted here (by Bosch as well), and they have good reviews on Amazon as well, alongside brands like Cascade and greener brands like Seventh Generation.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi sugarkitty, I'm using a full-size dishwasher at the moment and also using Finish tablets. So far so good for the past 5 years. For compact dishwasher, perhaps it's better you use powder, or maybe find a way to cut your tablet into half, but I think it might be quite troublesome to have to cut it all the time.