Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jiji

Pls Help About Changing Contractor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have not done before but theoretically it depends on:

1. Was an agreement signed? If yes, refer to it

2. ID can claim amount of damages that they already did work on, even though work has no started.

3. Best method is to have amicable discussion with them and ask for cancellation and hope for the best

Edited by Doris Chin

I think it's best you call them and give them a really good excuse-with a sob story and hope they are willing to refund. Typically in this kind of case, I think it might be difficult to get a refund unless you gave them a huge deposit (above the 10% stated). You might also challenge this 10% penalty if you believe the ID did nothing, but I am not a law expert, so you might want to consult someone with such knowledge (maybe a lawyer)

Lucky for me, my contractor did not even ask me for a deposit and I paid 30% only after the hacking started and the tiles arrived at my house.

Hi, we're thinking of the same too. Paid our deposit and thinking of backing out from ours.

I guess if we dont mind the non-refundable 10%, then it shouldnt be a problem? Have to take it that deposit as a valuable lesson whatever the reasons were for backing out. Hehe.