Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

:thumbs up:

Power. Now my wife is asking for pink stripes liao. *Faints*

How do you ensure the stripes are straight? as in perpendicular to the ground. won't like crooked or etc? cos my walls kinda uneven..

hello mrbytez!

your wife has good taste ;)

hmm it was really hard work i must say because what i did to ensure that it was straight was to move my ruler down the line slowly. i use my ruler to measure the distance between one tape and the next quite consistently as i was sticking from top to bottom. it's not 100% accurate, but i guess a small difference is not going to be obvious!

however, i have seen people use a long string.. you would need 2 people for this. one to hold the string at the top, one to mark out points for the tape. you can tie a coin or sth heavy at the end of the string and let it go from the top of the wall. due to gravity, the string will drop and the line u get will be more or less straight.

hope this helps! :)

-clownprince's wife

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hello mrbytez!

your wife has good taste ;)

hmm it was really hard work i must say because what i did to ensure that it was straight was to move my ruler down the line slowly. i use my ruler to measure the distance between one tape and the next quite consistently as i was sticking from top to bottom. it's not 100% accurate, but i guess a small difference is not going to be obvious!

however, i have seen people use a long string.. you would need 2 people for this. one to hold the string at the top, one to mark out points for the tape. you can tie a coin or sth heavy at the end of the string and let it go from the top of the wall. due to gravity, the string will drop and the line u get will be more or less straight.

hope this helps! :)

-clownprince's wife

wow, that's gonna be quite a bit of work. haha.

thank you very much. will try that after we're done with all of the base paint. :)

SCANDI - Sounds Crazy AND Impossible… BUT WE DID IT! (Part 4)

i hope you guys enjoy this post because this is by far the craziest wall we have attempted!

super duper exhausting, almost gave up but the seeing the end product makes us happy! :)

p.s. please do not try this at home. 阿姨叔叔是有练过的 [translation: uncle, aunty got train before one]

ladies and gentlemen, may i now present to you… our beloved wall of Bedroom 2!

gallery_66870_8_5228.jpg

gallery_66870_8_266728.jpg

gallery_66870_8_159508.jpg

gallery_66870_8_163574.jpg

gallery_66870_8_249884.jpg

FINALLY!

gallery_66870_8_82133.jpg

i hope you guys enjoy this post because this is by far the craziest wall we have attempted!

super duper exhausting, almost gave up but the seeing the end product makes us happy! :)

p.s. please do not try this at home. 阿姨叔叔是有练过的 [translation: uncle, aunty got train before one]

gallery_66870_8_5228.jpg

FINALLY!

That sure is a lot of work!!! You have a lot of determination... Thumbs up...

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

This is CRAZY!!!! Hahaha I meant this is so so so much work, but of course you DID it so nicely. OMG! Tedious project. U folks are GREAT! :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

#jawdropping

No better words to describe your diligence and creativity to make your new home so personalised and special! #kudos

Thanks for the kind offer folks! You both should consider this as your side line to flaunt that talent!

Just wondering, your bedrooms are non-scandi theme? Only your living halls and kitchen will go scandi?

Clownprince wife - Thanks for your compliment on my renovation thus far! I'm looking forward to your pink and baby blue kitchen too! Love the boldness of colours you used in your flat.....! Esp painting pink in the living hall....I love pink but I always have this idea that pink in my living halls will go too juvenile if choose the wrong shade or done too much - overkill. Seems like you got the colour right and amount for your hall! Show us pictures of the entire hall when all your DIY paintings are done ok?! :)

That sure is a lot of work!!! You have a lot of determination... Thumbs up...

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

This is CRAZY!!!! Hahaha I meant this is so so so much work, but of course you DID it so nicely. OMG! Tedious project. U folks are GREAT!

Super impressive. Lots of concentration, focus, patience and time needed... W-O-W. :jammin:

Hi Ericb34r - i was forced to - else no end in sight from the wifey - save myself the nagging in future =)

Hi mrbytez, halfway i actually felt like strangling someone, and since the only one beside me was the wife, i had to control myself LOLOLOL

Hi Coyote, yup this is a bit crazy i agree. we spend one entire day doing it. the painting was fast, maybe 2-3 hrs. Trust me when i say its the prep work that kills lol

Beautiful piece of wall art.

Thanks Patricia!

Wow, that's a lot of work. I would have just used Nippon Momento Paint.

Hi thwatgmail, actually wallpaper would be better - but wifey insisted on painting walls, so i just do only.

She actually wanted to use a template for the mini triangles (aka the cloud project that we did), but i told her no, if want to do just do the real deal. So maybe i 自讨苦吃 (ownself ask for bitter medicine)

Edited by clownprince

gallery_66870_8_5228.jpg

FINALLY!

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_66870_8_5228.jpg

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_66870_8_266728.jpg

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_66870_8_159508.jpg

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_66870_8_163574.jpg

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_66870_8_249884.jpg

FINALLY!

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_66870_8_82133.jpg

Wow...

Nice!!!!!! Well done!

#jawdropping

No better words to describe your diligence and creativity to make your new home so personalised and special! #kudos

Thanks for the kind offer folks! You both should consider this as your side line to flaunt that talent!

Just wondering, your bedrooms are non-scandi theme? Only your living halls and kitchen will go scandi?

Clownprince wife - Thanks for your compliment on my renovation thus far! I'm looking forward to your pink and baby blue kitchen too! Love the boldness of colours you used in your flat.....! Esp painting pink in the living hall....I love pink but I always have this idea that pink in my living halls will go too juvenile if choose the wrong shade or done too much - overkill. Seems like you got the colour right and amount for your hall! Show us pictures of the entire hall when all your DIY paintings are done ok?! :)

Hi CountryGlow actually i dunno know too - i just go with the wife's taste - she's the one with the arty farty ideas and better colour coordination than me, if she says pink then pink. if she says scandi then scandi lor. Anyway the bedrooms i think she wanted those scandinavian kids style de - she interested scandi kids and got all these ideas for bedrooms. I need to ban her from pin interest - she's getting too many ideas for our remaining walls. =( but yes, we'll share the rest of the house =))

make sure that wall is free from stains, esp during housewarming and visits. gosh....

We're banning kids from our house haha - wifey has been having nightmares about kids running around, destroying her chalk board drawings, and playing with their cars and trains on our walls LOL

Wow...

Nice!!!!!! Well done!

Thanks nolifesg =)