Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

SCANDI - Slowly (but steadily), Carpentry Arrived N Done Installing! (Kitchen Part 1)

yay! our carpentry has arrived!

here's the progress of our kitchen!

facing the kitchen from the entrance, here's the left side of our kitchen:

gallery_66870_7_24688.jpg

carpentry almost done, except for our hob, oven, sink accessories, open shelves, kompacplus countertop! :)

gallery_66870_7_156253.jpg

and here's the right side of our kitchen! loving the pull-out pantry! ;)

gallery_66870_7_123721.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

SCANDI - Say Cannot Already Now Don't Insist!!!

no, we didn't quarral, but wifey's so going to kill me for this :notti: :notti: :notti: one of the reasons why there has not been many posts this week by us, is because we took a short break from renovating, and went to see this!

gallery_66870_8_217912.jpg

But this post is not just about where we were, because while taking some time to look at cherry blossoms, wifey also insisted that we go shopping and so we happily did, and while walking around at Shinjuku's tokyu hands, we saw voila Franc-Franc - which got wifey all excited =(

gallery_66870_8_67353.jpg

Some of us RT owners will have bought stuff from Franc-Franc before when it was in Singapore, so my wife, who is now hooked onto RT (p.s. she checks the blogs everyday in Japan =( ), was very excited, and i had to literally drag her out from the store as she wanted to buy EVERYTHING! Which would have been a logistical nightmare + we already have some stuff bought in Singapore.

The next day though, i succumbed to my number one rule - Listen to the wife - and we went to Yurakucho and visited, yes the biggest MUJI store in Japan (maybe the world). Here's how big the store is - 3 floors worth of MUJI stuff - Sorry didnt take a photo so had to use one from the internet (copyright - danielfooddiary.com)

gallery_66870_8_89808.jpg

It was literally being in a atas ikea store, it even came with food! Here's us at the restaurant, and another foto of the loot. Managed to restrict wife from buying big items, but we still bought quite a bit. Hopes it turns out fine.

gallery_66870_8_357286.jpg

the muji restaurant and of course our loot for the day(not inclusive of umbrella)

gallery_66870_8_167365.jpg

anyway, we are back in Singapore, and renovation works will continue! =))) wifey should be posting more stuff tomorrow =))))

SCANDI - Slowly (but steadily), C​arpentry Arrived N Done Installing! (Living Room Part 1)

yes! we are back to update more on our carpentry! :D

if you remember post #7, we divided our living room into 2 parts - the reading chillax corner that the bookworm hubby insisted on & a TV area (for me, the wifey, of course hehe!) where the sofa will be. 一人一半,感情不散 [half-half, one each, maintain relationship] !

we will also be having platforms for both areas, with a higher platform for the reading corner.

here's our full-height bookshelf! it was kind of cool to see how my sketch of the shelf slowly turns into reality! (some adjustments were made along the way due to size limitation)

gallery_66870_8_123546.jpg

here's the divider shelf in the middle! once again, the feeling of witnessing the transformation from paper to real-life-can-touch-one is amazing!

gallery_66870_8_23344.jpg

here's a broader view of our living room with the platforms!

gallery_66870_8_286472.jpg

we're almost there! next up would be flooring everywhere (except kitchen and toilets), including the platforms! :)

Edited by clownprince

SCANDI - Sh*tting & Cleaning, Always Necessary & Damn Important! (Part 2)

our shower screens and huge mirrors are up! as the hubby and i are okay with wet floors (haha let's hope we won't regret this in future!), we decided not to have glass doors installed for both toilets. however, our dearest contractor E gave me a pleasant surprise when she told me that she measured the MBR toilet shower screen such that in future, if we decide to add on a glass swing door, it's still possible!

hmm, as for the common toilet, due to our slightly odd-shaped kerb (i like this a lot though! prefer this to the usual square-shaped), i think we might have a problem if we regret our door-less choice in future! :] let's hope the hubby won't flush me down the toilet bowl next time! *fingers crossed* unless anyone here knows whether it is still possible to add on any type of glass door for this odd shape shower area? hehe.

if you remember post #7 again haha, we want to add a HUGE mirror for one of the walls in each toilet (the wall behind both doors)! super love the effect because it definitely makes the toilet looks bigger! when you close the door, it even looks like a possible illusion piece of art hahaha. (washing/cleaning/maintenance might be harder but that's for another post another day down the road hahaha. or i will have to start brainstorming on how to make the hubby wash the toilet, not me heeheehee. any ideas, please PM me lol.)

here are some pictures!

take it as an eye test, see whether you can differentiate which photos have the mirror, which do not! have fun!

MBR toilet

gallery_66870_9_209593.jpg

Common toilet

gallery_66870_9_211480.jpg

gallery_66870_9_177483.jpg

oh the carpentry looks really awesome especially the bookshelf! looks like a mini library! Really nice~~! :good:

thanks chower. Have to credit the wife for the design actually. Ijust wanted a place to put my books but she's cool. LOL. In the end we went for a mix between covered and glass panels in the end, cos realised that the book shelves will get dusty easily, especially in Singapore. I'm really excited too about moving all my books in. Only problem is moving them there hahaha :notti::notti::notti:

hmmm, renovation's progressing well for now - but we just checked with our contractor about the chemical wash. Just checking what do we understand by chemical wash? do they wash with chemicals everything? or just the toilets?

Wow beautiful. I really love the first pic for the painting of the wall.

I am also going to do strips for my common room. At first want to do a bigger width but after looking at the smaller width strips u did, I hesitate again. lol.

Can I know the dimension for the triangle and also the strip width?

Thanks

hi guysmiley!

sorry for the late reply… i finally got down to measure the dimension for the triangle! the base of the top left triangle is around 70cm and the base of the other two triangles are around 90cm. hope this helps! share with us your painting when you have done it okay! :)

-clownprince's wife

SCANDI - Stand/Sit, Crawl And Nua, Do It (on the floor!)

VINYLLY! Flooring time!

we have chosen to use vinyl to overlay our dining, living, walkway and three bedrooms. we have decided to retain the floor tiles for kitchen and both toilets.

here's the plan for the laying of vinyl strips!

never knew about the need to think about how to lay the strips! we actually did it quite last minute. super fickle-minded, couldn't decide and kept changing our minds on the morning itself hahaha. hope it looks okay! future home owners might want to think about this before doing the floor! :)

gallery_66870_8_82547.jpg

we chose 2 colours - the darker brown for the platforms in our living room. here are some of the pictures that i took!

gallery_66870_8_182617.jpg

gallery_66870_8_41233.jpg

gallery_66870_8_56937.jpg

gallery_66870_8_236243.jpg

Edited by clownprince

SCANDI - Storing Clothes Also Necessary & Damn Important! (Part 2)

yay! our tiny little WIW is up! please refer to post #7 for the floor plan! :sport-smiley-018:

Before & After view from MBR entrance:

gallery_66870_10_137502.jpg

Before & After view from a corner of the MBR (window side):

gallery_66870_10_43874.jpg

Before & After view from inside the WIW:

gallery_66870_10_124961.jpg

More pictures!

gallery_66870_10_149857.jpg

hi clownprince,

Do you mind taking a picture of the walkway or your wiw?

Im planning for mine too, not too sure if a 2m space is sufficient

hi clownprince,

Do you mind taking a picture of the walkway or your wiw?

Im planning for mine too, not too sure if a 2m space is sufficient

Hi wandeee,

I hope this helps! :)

gallery_66870_10_19180.jpg

- clownprince's wife

Edited by clownprince