Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

Hi Clownprince, your Scandi home is amazing! May I know where you got your kitchen door from? I've been looking around for something similar... thanks!!!

Hi Moodee,

we basically told our contractor we wanted black aluminium french doors and she sourced it for us, so we are not quite sure where to get it from. But i'm sure if u tell ur ID/Contractor that, they should be able to get it for u =) Seems common enough. I think it also comes in the standard aluminium frame. Basically we got inspired by the kompacplus picture of the kitchen on the kompacplus website =)))

ze husband

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SCANDI - Settling Curtains AND blinds Installation (Part 1)

it's time for curtains and blinds! :)

we got this curtain contact from a friend and i find their pricing very reasonable, considering that we did many things! (*these are things that people don't usually do i think)

1) blinds for living room & reading corner

*2) blinds for service yard

3) day + night curtains for all 3 bedrooms

*4) curtain for walk-in-wardrobe

*5) extra day curtain for our MBR sleeping area

from the first meet-up to installation, the uncle was very patient (and funny). nice guy!

as i have heard of horror stories where some curtain salesmen hard sell or insist on paying them transportation fee if we decide not to use them, i made sure that it was free quotation before the meet-up. (i strongly encourage you guys to confirm this too during the phone call before meeting up!)

after installation, although we did face some problems with the blinds, the uncle was very quick in arranging a meet-up with the technicians and the problem was resolved! now our blinds are up and working well! to us, we understand that things WILL screw up at times, but what is most important is the willingness to rectify these problems fast, don't you agree? thumbs up for good customer service! :)

if you guys would like this contact, drop us a note! :)

Living Room & Reading Corner

Living%20Room%20Blinds%201_zpsibfwp0yd.j

Living%20Room%20Blinds%202_zpsmwxqvith.j

Service Yard

Service%20Yard%20Blinds_zpszmwkmg56.jpg

Edited by clownprince

SCANDI - Settling Curtains AND blinds Installation (Part 2)

continued from previous post… :)

it's curtain call time!

Bedroom 1

Bedroom%201%20Curtains%20_zpsw2bnqqal.jp

Bedroom 2

Bedroom%202%20Curtains_zpsbob9oh84.jpg

Walk-in-Wardrobe

WIW%20Curtains_zpsjg6ukt8e.jpg

MBR Mini Entrance

MBR%20Day%20Curtains_zpsatio3r1x.jpg

Master Bedroom

MBR%20Curtains_zpsr16hjhkp.jpg

Hi there :) can share your contact for blinds and curtains pls? And how much did it cost for your whole house? And what's the colour used for your blinds? Thank you.

Hi there :) can share your contact for blinds and curtains pls? And how much did it cost for your whole house? And what's the colour used for your blinds? Thank you.

Hi can you share your blinds contact too? Are the Venetian blinds wood material? Thanks! Very lovely home!

hello elyse18 and cuppers,

PM-ed you guys the contact! :)

Hi clownprince and missy!

BLINDS! So old-school! Seldom see such blinds design nowadays! :good: Hehe...and good idea to install blinds at your service yard...For privacy! I realised that the opp neighbour likes to look across to our service yard & kitchen. *Feel intruded* Unless they are drawn to our bright yellow service yard and blue kitchen? ;) One thing to ask - since clownprince is a great chef, won't the grease and oil from cooking stick to your blinds and u both will have a tough time cleaning them? If you close the service yard door, it will be so hot cooking in the kitchen.....

Btw, can share your contact and total costs of your curtains? I tried PM you but ur inbox is full. You guys have really done up so many curtains in ur house! Is your curtain contact based in SG? We found ours based in JB and he quoted us 1.2k for:

A) Night curtains* for living hall + 2 bedrooms + MBR
B) Day curtains only for living hall
C) Tracks for all curtains.
D) Living hall addition rod design
E) Tie-backs using the same curtain fabric

*90% dimmer (block out light) for MBR & bedroom 2 - I assume these fabrics are more costly since thicker layers
*60% dimmer for living hall & bedroom 3. Curtain with prints!

Not sure if ours are as cheap as claimed. He's quite established here in SG so maybe he charges higher than the typical malaysian contacts. But he is a very jovial uncle! That makes us feel comfortable with him :)

Edited by CountryGlow

Hi there, can you share your blinds contact please? How much did it cost you?

Thanks in advance!

P.S: Your house is getting lovelier each day! Envy much :D

PM-ed you! :)

Hi clownprince and missy!

BLINDS! So old-school! Seldom see such blinds design nowadays! :good: Hehe...and good idea to install blinds at your service yard...For privacy! I realised that the opp neighbour likes to look across to our service yard & kitchen. *Feel intruded* Unless they are drawn to our bright yellow service yard and blue kitchen? ;) One thing to ask - since clownprince is a great chef, won't the grease and oil from cooking stick to your blinds and u both will have a tough time cleaning them? If you close the service yard door, it will be so hot cooking in the kitchen.....

Btw, can share your contact and total costs of your curtains? I tried PM you but ur inbox is full. You guys have really done up so many curtains in ur house! Is your curtain contact based in SG? We found ours based in JB and he quoted us 1.2k for:

A) Night curtains* for living hall + 2 bedrooms + MBR

B) Day curtains only for living hall

C) Tracks for all curtains.

D) Living hall addition rod design

E) Tie-backs using the same curtain fabric

*90% dimmer (block out light) for MBR & bedroom 2 - I assume these fabrics are more costly since thicker layers

*60% dimmer for living hall & bedroom 3. Curtain with prints!

Not sure if ours are as cheap as claimed. He's quite established here in SG so maybe he charges higher than the typical malaysian contacts. But he is a very jovial uncle! That makes us feel comfortable with him :)

well, the answer is, our arrangement in the kitchen is, I cook, she washes =) so i guess she has to wash everything including the blinds. Seriously though, that was one of major issues we had - whether we should consider the grease and oil from cooking. We did even think about things like installing a glass backsplash, which would make it easier to maintain. In the end, we said that well, you cant have the best of both worlds, so we went for aesthetics and installed subway tiles and blinds. Guess just have to keep the blinds up and the service yard doors closed, hood on and hope for the best =))

think wifey will try to PM you again on the curtain quotes =)) ours are a JB based company. in fact, we got 2 companies to quote and both used the same catalogue, just that one was SG and one was JB. No prizes for guessing which had the cheaper quote =)

ze husband

Edited by clownprince

Hihi clownprince & ze wife! So sorry just cleared my inbox :P

Why I got this feel that ze wife is gonna protest when she's volunteered to clean the blinds? LOL. It will be tedious cleaning lines by lines....Hahaha! Oops!

well, the answer is, our arrangement in the kitchen is, I cook, she washes =) so i guess she has to wash everything including the blinds. Seriously though, that was one of major issues we had - whether we should consider the grease and oil from cooking. We did even think about things like installing a glass backsplash, which would make it easier to maintain. In the end, we said that well, you cant have the best of both worlds, so we went for aesthetics and installed subway tiles and blinds. Guess just have to keep the blinds up and the service yard doors closed, hood on and hope for the best =))

think wifey will try to PM you again on the curtain quotes =)) ours are a JB based company. in fact, we got 2 companies to quote and both used the same catalogue, just that one was SG and one was JB. No prizes for guessing which had the cheaper quote =)

ze husband