Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

SCANDI - Sofa Choice AND In love with it!

finally, it's time to reveal our choice of sofa! :sport-smiley-018:

sofa is the one thing that we cannot buy from taobao because i must must must sit and try it out for myself. i'm sure most of you would agree! and so, we embarked on an adventure to search for THE sofa. this is our favourite and that's why, it's in our house right now! :)

here are some things that i told the hubby i wanted for our house:

1) to match our house colours, i wanted a grey sofa! (fabric texture is lovely too!)

Sofa%20photo%203_zpsdr4z9dkn.jpg

2) i love soft and comfy sofas! i know this picture is a little odd but this is how much it sinks in when i sit on it HAHA. :bleah:

Sofa%20photo%204_zpso0h13qh7.jpg

3) i super love wooden legs, so i always look out for them!

Sofa%20photo%205_zpslto0ytqb.jpg

4) if they come with some cute buttons, it would be a bonus!

Sofa%20photo%206_zpsq4vlyqk3.jpg

and with all the powers combined, i am... the Tracy Loveseat from Castlery!

http://www.castlery.com/products/tracy-loveseat/

yes, it's an online shop! BUT the awesomest part is that we got to go down to the warehouse to sit and try out the sofa! they can customise different colours too! in fact, i was super tempted to get the one in tiffany blue! but i love the grey more haha. the whole experience was lovely and i like it that they called to confirm delivery date, called before delivering and called even after delivering to make sure that things were okay!

super love the look of it on the living room platform and the feel of it! soft and comfy! :)

Sofa%20photo%201_zps6rwnxuzk.jpg

and with just a little bit of jazzing it up… TAADAAA! :sport-smiley-018:

Sofa%20photo%202_zpsi5h5fgks.jpg

and well, i haven't got a single complaint from the hubby for choosing this SO FAR (pun intended)… so i guess i did make the right choice! :jammin:

U did a great job on the photo frames. From black to pastels...wow...tough!

Love your sofa choice and I agree that grey is better, more versatile when u want to change ur deco in future. I know u are not gonna to believe me, twin! LOL...I have the same pink/white geo cushion. But I hope u didn't get it from the same Taobao seller as me because my cover gets wrinkled easily although is soft and comfy.

Everything come in together nicely, all thumbs UP! :good: :good: :good: :good:

yay! super cute sofa~ and yeah i agree wood peg legs are definitely a must for a scandi home! *thumbs up!*

By the way, for your mbr bed, previously i understood you had forgo platform to lower cost, so in the end did you buy a bed frame instead? with storage? I'm looking around for bed frames currently in case platform with storage might be out of budget for me too hahaha, looking at your t-blog for inspiration!!

HAHAHA you made me laugh again! i cannot believe this! :lol::lol::lol:
hmm just used the pillow not long ago though… not so sure about it being wrinkled easily yet! ;)

-ze wife

U did a great job on the photo frames. From black to pastels...wow...tough!

Love your sofa choice and I agree that grey is better, more versatile when u want to change ur deco in future. I know u are not gonna to believe me, twin! LOL...I have the same pink/white geo cushion. But I hope u didn't get it from the same Taobao seller as me because my cover gets wrinkled easily although is soft and comfy.

Everything come in together nicely, all thumbs UP! :good: :good: :good: :good:

hello chower! :D

oh for our mbr bed, we went without any frame! just the bed on the floor. our bed is ard 3inches++ high i think, so we are comfortable with it! no storage cos i'm a little teeny weeny bit pang tang (superstitious) even though i don't know what's the story behind it haha. just heard that some people don't recommend storage under beds. but yet again, these are just superstitions :P believe, then believe, don't believe then its okay haha. but so far, our storage area in our WIW is enough for us :) anw, ikea has pretty (and pretty cheap too haha) wooden bed frames that i would buy if i decide not to sleep on the floor anymore in future hehe! especially when one is pregnant! even the bed aunty advised me to get a bed frame haha. but i didn't LOL.

-clownprince's wife

yay! super cute sofa~ and yeah i agree wood peg legs are definitely a must for a scandi home! *thumbs up!*

By the way, for your mbr bed, previously i understood you had forgo platform to lower cost, so in the end did you buy a bed frame instead? with storage? I'm looking around for bed frames currently in case platform with storage might be out of budget for me too hahaha, looking at your t-blog for inspiration!!

Hi. I like to have a study desk behind the sofa so that i can watch tv at the same time. Do u mind to post the photo of your study desk?thanks.

OOOH~!! That's so loft like! Very nice!!

Actually i did consider the ikea bed frames (i adore the Hurdal model) but... most of them are better suited for queen size mattress (and i'm getting a king sized mattress) and you know la, Ikea is so funky, their bed frames are better suited for their own Ikea mattresses due to their unique sizing... :bleah:

In any case whilst getting annoyed searching for nice bed frames for the right mattress size, I might just go back to platform in the end hahaaha~ Never heard of the superstition before but if there is, just take it that i've never heard it before!! :dunno: *act blur live longer*

hello chower! :D

oh for our mbr bed, we went without any frame! just the bed on the floor. our bed is ard 3inches++ high i think, so we are comfortable with it! no storage cos i'm a little teeny weeny bit pang tang (superstitious) even though i don't know what's the story behind it haha. just heard that some people don't recommend storage under beds. but yet again, these are just superstitions :P believe, then believe, don't believe then its okay haha. but so far, our storage area in our WIW is enough for us :) anw, ikea has pretty (and pretty cheap too haha) wooden bed frames that i would buy if i decide not to sleep on the floor anymore in future hehe! especially when one is pregnant! even the bed aunty advised me to get a bed frame haha. but i didn't LOL.

-clownprince's wife

hello clownprince's wife, thanks for the curtain contact. may i know how are the quality of the tracks and cloth? I'm in touch with Kevin and he's a really nice uncle! I do hope that his products are of good enough quality to last at least a couple of years. so i hope to find out from you before engaging his services.

i actually have another curtain contact which my brother used. but i find the services abit aloof even though my brother claimed that the curtains are tracks are good. two years on and working fine.

hope to hear from you soon!

haha chower! okay! don't worry, you never hear before!!! hehe!

oh ya, you are right! i forgot that ikea has special sizing for their beds! :(

haha all the best! :)

-clownprince's wife

OOOH~!! That's so loft like! Very nice!!

Actually i did consider the ikea bed frames (i adore the Hurdal model) but... most of them are better suited for queen size mattress (and i'm getting a king sized mattress) and you know la, Ikea is so funky, their bed frames are better suited for their own Ikea mattresses due to their unique sizing... :bleah:

In any case whilst getting annoyed searching for nice bed frames for the right mattress size, I might just go back to platform in the end hahaaha~ Never heard of the superstition before but if there is, just take it that i've never heard it before!! :dunno: *act blur live longer*