Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

hello kimi09!

oh, that's actually not a study desk! it's a half height bookshelf! even though it is possible to sit there and do work because we have an open shelf which is just nice for the knees! i'll take a pic soon when i can! meanwhile, i think u can search for an older post where i posted a pic of the shelf. :)

-clownprince's wife

Hi. I like to have a study desk behind the sofa so that i can watch tv at the same time. Do u mind to post the photo of your study desk?thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello elyse18!

no prob! hope the contact helps! :) anw, we have not used it long enough to tell if it can last for years! but i can only say that kevin's service is very good :) i had slight problems with my blinds twice so far, and both times, he arranged for the technicians to come down to resolve the issue! so i'm very happy with his service :)

all the best!!

-clownprince's wife

hello clownprince's wife, thanks for the curtain contact. may i know how are the quality of the tracks and cloth? I'm in touch with Kevin and he's a really nice uncle! I do hope that his products are of good enough quality to last at least a couple of years. so i hope to find out from you before engaging his services.

i actually have another curtain contact which my brother used. but i find the services abit aloof even though my brother claimed that the curtains are tracks are good. two years on and working fine.

hope to hear from you soon!

SCANDI - Search, Compare AND Invest (Part 3)

the next few posts will be about our TAOBAO loots! :D (we found some ourselves, we found some through other RT-er's t blogs. too many to keep track, so thank you if we happened to get them from your blog! :) )

and of course, we would love to share the love, just like how we have benefitted from others before.. so please feel free to ask for the links! please give the hubby some work to do HAHAHA since he is the one who did the shopping. my role is just to take pictures LOL.

i'll be giving my 2-cents worth of rating as well.

DISCLAIMER: The ratings expressed here represent my own and not those of my hubby. In addition, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time. The ratings are intended to provide a temporary description of my feeling at a point in time. (HAHAHA)

let's talk about all the steel-looking things first heehee.

Door-stopper

Rating: 5/5

are you sick and tired of using the red/blue/yellow/green piece of rubber at the entrance of your house? here's your one-STOP solution! and a quick guide on how to use it!

Disclaimer: Foot model is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

Taobao%20Door%20stop%20pic_zpsaqvjmxaq.j

Kitchen Tap

do you prefer matt to glossy? are you THE dishwasher at home? have you ever tried to scrub dirt from the sides of the sink and wished that things would be easier? if your answers to the above questions are all YES, this matt kitchen sink tap is here to save the day! easily removable to spray water on the sides of the sink! say BYE-BYE to annoying stains at the sides of your sink! Be a happy dishwasher today!

taobao%20kitchen%20loot%202_zpsnoym27kg.taobao%20kitchen%20loot%203_zpsyclvtapk.

Toilet Bidet

Looking for a more squarish/rectangular bidet? wait no longer! this simple and sleek bidet brings out the angular lines in your toilet design.

taobao%20toilet%20loot%204_zpsi8cposjx.j

Toilet Rain Shower Set

take the simple beauty of nature back home with this rain shower set. turn it on, close your eyes, and you will feel like... it's raining.

taobao%20toilet%20loot%205_zpsbfrpke4c.j

THE FOLLOWING IS AN ADVERTISEMENT (serious, not kidding!)

while sitting on the toilet bowl, have you ever looked around for a place to put your handphone? while sitting on the toilet bowl, have you ever wished you have a place to temporarily put your magazine or book. while sitting on the toilet bowl, have you ever wished you have something like this to put your things above your toilet roll? LOOK NO FURTHER! this toilet roll holder comes with a wooden plank, perfect to hold your little items while doing your big business.

taobao%20toilet%20loot%201_zpstbarjqgt.j

we are letting go of this toilet paper holder because it didn't fit into our style in the end! if you are going for an industrial look, it is highly recommended!

For a set of 2 (brand new!),

Price we bought it at: S$28.63 (excluding shipping fee from Taobao)

Price we are letting go at: S$25 (WOW!) (we will absorb the shipping fee!)

*only meet-up at Sengkang

feel free to drop us a message if you are interested! :D

Hi Clownprice,

Did you manage to get any buyer for your toilet paper holders? If not, can you let out to me? Also, did you get your black & white holders from TB or Ikea? If in TB, can you share the link? I am ok to meet up in SengKang. Thanks! I tried to PM you but I think your inbox is full...

SCANDI - Slowly (but steadily), Carpentry Arrived N Done Installing! (Kitchen Part 2)

Something's brewing in our pastel kitchen! :D

our hob, hood, oven, kompacplus countertop, open shelves are up!

now only lacking some paint job to cover the remaining green wall tiles and the painting of the boxed-up parts at our hood area.

as the self-proclaimed MasterChef Hubby of mine will be doing heavy cooking (for me YAY), we wanted a closed kitchen.. and here's how our doors look when they are closed and open!

Kitchen%20Closed%20Door_zpsb9igxcjv.jpg

Kitchen%20Open%20Door_zpsv2ybqnpy.jpg

Welcome, welcome! :D

Here's the left side of our kitchen!

we went for MasterChef Hubby's top choice, BOSCH hob, hood, oven.. our beloved farmhouse sink and some open shelves..

Final%20Kitchen%20Left_zps40cbw8ll.jpg

Final%20Kitchen%201_zpsphkcdatp.jpg

and here's the right side of our kitchen where our fridge, pull-put pantry and breakfast counter are! i had some leftover knobs so i told my carpenter to drill them under the breakfast counter so we can hang anything we want there hehe. and my beloved white fridge! couldn't afford the pretty SMEG fridge… and it was hard searching for a pretty looking white fridge! i was even desperate enough to want to DIY washi tape if we had gotten a black/grey fridge!

Final%20Kitchen%20Right_zpsawqioqex.jpg

Final%20Kitchen%202_zpsthqon1dj.jpg

Hi Clownprince,

Where did you get the wooden holders? If from TB, can share the link?

Hi Clownprice,

Did you manage to get any buyer for your toilet paper holders? If not, can you let out to me? Also, did you get your black & white holders from TB or Ikea? If in TB, can you share the link? I am ok to meet up in SengKang. Thanks! I tried to PM you but I think your inbox is full...

hello weiyan625 :)

our toilet holders are sold already!

which black and white holders are you referring to?

Hi Clownprince,

Where did you get the wooden holders? If from TB, can share the link?

the wooden holders are spice racks from ikea! :)

-clownprince's wife

Hello!

May I know if the entire sofa covers can be removed?

Thanks!

hi missterry!

yes, they have zip covers that can be removed (the main sofa, the 2 small side pillows). the only one that has a problem removing is the 2 huge backings with the buttons because the buttons are sewn right through! but we thought about it.. and if there is a need to remove those to wash in future, we will remove the buttons and re-sew them onto the cover ourselves, instead of through the entire cushion too. hope this helps! :)

-clownprince's wife

hello weiyan625 :)

our toilet holders are sold already!

which black and white holders are you referring to?

the wooden holders are spice racks from ikea! :)

-clownprince's wife

Hi Clownprince's wife,

Ah... pity... Where did you get the toilet holders? From TB? Can ask clownprince to share link? :help:

The black & white holders in your shower area. I remember your comment was that you did not want so many stainless steel in your toilet.

Thanks for sharing! More shopping in Ikea for me then... Heheheh :)

Weiyan

Hi Clownprince's wife,

Ah... pity... Where did you get the toilet holders? From TB? Can ask clownprince to share link? :help:

The black & white holders in your shower area. I remember your comment was that you did not want so many stainless steel in your toilet.

Thanks for sharing! More shopping in Ikea for me then... Heheheh :)

Weiyan

oooh! yeah my shower holders are from ikea! u can find them in the section for kitchen holders haha! the wooden plank toilet paper holder is from TB. will have to wait till the hubby is less busy to reply. anw, meanwhile u can actually find many easily by using these keywords "厕纸架", add on "木" if you want wooden ones. too spoilt for choice! :)

-clownprince's wife

Hello Mr and Mrs clownprince, you two made a great and lovely pair! I love the way both of you complement each other, working together to make a dream home come true.

I'm new to renotalk and I'm definitely following your blog from now on! :)

Could you kindly pm me the contact and quotation for your contractor and curtain guy pls?

Hello Mr and Mrs clownprince, you two made a great and lovely pair! I love the way both of you complement each other, working together to make a dream home come true.

I'm new to renotalk and I'm definitely following your blog from now on! :)

Could you kindly pm me the contact and quotation for your contractor and curtain guy pls?

hello! :) PM-ed you!

SCANDI - Storeroom: Customised AND Installed!

time for our storage racks in the bomb shelter!

this is very important to me (ze wife) because the hubby happily filled up our bookshelf with ALL his books :fire: and i had to "beg" him to "rent" me a few areas for MY things LOL. really feels like the "rent a box" concept you see in shopping malls HAHA! BUT FORTUNATELY, the hubby has once again kindly given me the freedom to DO WHATEVER i want with the storeroom racks. :sport-smiley-004: and of cos, the more space, THE BETTER!

never knew storage racks can cost quite a lot too! i always had the impression that they cost less than $100 until i got the guy to come down to measure and asked around some people.

never knew the difference between bolt-less and bolted racks too (actually, i still do not quite know! oops hahaha) but now, i definitely know the difference in terms of PRICE lol. the bolt-less ones can actually go about double the price of the ones with bolts! i guess there must be a reason for the huge price difference but being cheapo, we decided to go for MAXIMISING SPACE and minimising cost. (i'm a "mini-miser" lol) and well, my in-law's storeroom shelves with bolts are still working fine, even after so long! so we decided to take a gamble!

anw, we got this contact after visiting a friend's house. we were super inspired by how they could customise the racks according to their needs! and now, i'm super happy with our SPACE-MAXIMISED bomb shelter storeroom! :D

cut the long story short, these were my requirements:

1. shelf above bombshelter entrance

2. bigger bottom shelf space for luggage/future baby pram

3. space for tall things like our ladder

this is the view from the entrance! love how there's space for the ladder and cleaning tools because they are slowly overcrowding our service yard!

bombshelter%201_zpsxwy9pqv5.jpg

bomobshelter%202_zps2f7es1oq.jpg

next, here's a closer look at the shelves on the left and right. bottom left for huge items such as luggage or baby prams in future! OR EVEN A MATTRESS WHEN THE HUBBY MAKES ME ANGRY IN FUTURE HAHA!

bombshelter%203_zpsaqorcvi9.jpg

finally, the top part. here's what you'll see if you stand in the middle of the bomb shelter and look up! there's storage on all four sides, including above the entrance. feels like a little world of its own up there haha.

bombshelter%204_zpsaoyqyzpb.jpg

bombshelter%205_zpskkdav6qf.jpg

and so, here's the process! first, i got the guy to come down to measure and he gave me a quote based on what i wanted. discussed with the hubby, then called the guy again to confirm. he then arranged for a date for the racks to be installed. on the day of installation, he took about close to 30-40 minutes (i think ours is probably longer than usual haha).

*TIP: you might want to have a clear idea of what u want before you get him to come down. i was actually quite blur… we agreed to have shelves on all 4 sides on the phone (totally forgot about the space for ladder! :jawdrop: ). it was only on the day of installation that i asked him about it. fortunately, he was able to customise according to my requirements (1. have space for ladder, 2.have space for luggage/prams) ON THE SPOT! phew!!

drop us a note if you guys want the contact :)

Edited by clownprince