Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clownprince

Colour Our Scandi Home =)

hello! PM-ed you! :)

Hi Clownprince, you guys have an amazing home!
Every corner are well thought out.
Enjoyed reading your blog. Love how you maximise your bomb shelter's storage!

Can you PM me the contact for the storage rack guy and his quote as well as contacts for the blinds?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Almost hahaha...pastel pink & green :jammin:

hee hee! this is a test of our telepathy. is it 1 pink, 1 blue? LOL.

-ze wife

haha after you said pink and green, i went to my toilet to double check! our toothbrushes now are 1 pink and 1 green! LOL! but they are normal ones, not electronic! and i was looking for blue but don't have, that's why took the green hahahaha.

Almost hahaha...pastel pink & green :jammin:

twin/twin's hb, can share ur kitchen door contact? I need it urgently to fix up my kitchen door :P

so sad, my carpet doesn't match my hall *bang wall*

SCANDI - Storeroom: Customised AND Installed!

time for our storage racks in the bomb shelter!

this is very important to me (ze wife) because the hubby happily filled up our bookshelf with ALL his books :fire: and i had to "beg" him to "rent" me a few areas for MY things LOL. really feels like the "rent a box" concept you see in shopping malls HAHA! BUT FORTUNATELY, the hubby has once again kindly given me the freedom to DO WHATEVER i want with the storeroom racks. :sport-smiley-004: and of cos, the more space, THE BETTER!

never knew storage racks can cost quite a lot too! i always had the impression that they cost less than $100 until i got the guy to come down to measure and asked around some people.

never knew the difference between bolt-less and bolted racks too (actually, i still do not quite know! oops hahaha) but now, i definitely know the difference in terms of PRICE lol. the bolt-less ones can actually go about double the price of the ones with bolts! i guess there must be a reason for the huge price difference but being cheapo, we decided to go for MAXIMISING SPACE and minimising cost. (i'm a "mini-miser" lol) and well, my in-law's storeroom shelves with bolts are still working fine, even after so long! so we decided to take a gamble!

anw, we got this contact after visiting a friend's house. we were super inspired by how they could customise the racks according to their needs! and now, i'm super happy with our SPACE-MAXIMISED bomb shelter storeroom! :D

cut the long story short, these were my requirements:

1. shelf above bombshelter entrance

2. bigger bottom shelf space for luggage/future baby pram

3. space for tall things like our ladder

this is the view from the entrance! love how there's space for the ladder and cleaning tools because they are slowly overcrowding our service yard!

bombshelter%201_zpsxwy9pqv5.jpg

bomobshelter%202_zps2f7es1oq.jpg

next, here's a closer look at the shelves on the left and right. bottom left for huge items such as luggage or baby prams in future! OR EVEN A MATTRESS WHEN THE HUBBY MAKES ME ANGRY IN FUTURE HAHA!

bombshelter%203_zpsaqorcvi9.jpg

finally, the top part. here's what you'll see if you stand in the middle of the bomb shelter and look up! there's storage on all four sides, including above the entrance. feels like a little world of its own up there haha.

bombshelter%204_zpsaoyqyzpb.jpg

bombshelter%205_zpskkdav6qf.jpg

and so, here's the process! first, i got the guy to come down to measure and he gave me a quote based on what i wanted. discussed with the hubby, then called the guy again to confirm. he then arranged for a date for the racks to be installed. on the day of installation, he took about close to 30-40 minutes (i think ours is probably longer than usual haha).

*TIP: you might want to have a clear idea of what u want before you get him to come down. i was actually quite blur… we agreed to have shelves on all 4 sides on the phone (totally forgot about the space for ladder! :jawdrop: ). it was only on the day of installation that i asked him about it. fortunately, he was able to customise according to my requirements (1. have space for ladder, 2.have space for luggage/prams) ON THE SPOT! phew!!

drop us a note if you guys want the contact :)

Hello! Could you PM me the contact for your curtains and racks please? Loving you and your wife's creativity!! :D

hello! PM-ed you guys! :)

Hello! Could you PM me the contact for your curtains and racks please? Loving you and your wife's creativity!! :D

Anyone has contact of Contractor E?

Thank you very much. :)

hello twin! :)

uh-oh! our kitchen door was sourced by our contractor! we just told her what we wanted, so unfortunately we don't have the direct contact for the door! maybe you can source for others and tell them you want "black aluminium french doors" and then show them a pic of our door? hope this helps!

why doesn't your carpet match! you are talking about the triangles carpet right!!

-ze wife

twin/twin's hb, can share ur kitchen door contact? I need it urgently to fix up my kitchen door :P

so sad, my carpet doesn't match my hall *bang wall*

SCANDI - Search, Compare AND Invest (Part 7)

it's time for MORE TAOBAO LOOT! woots!

do feel free to ask for the links! please give the hubby some work to do HAHAHA since he is the one who did the shopping. my role is just to take pictures LOL.

i'll be giving my 2-cents worth of rating as well.

DISCLAIMER: The ratings expressed here represent my own and not those of my hubby. In addition, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time. The ratings are intended to provide a temporary description of my feeling at a point in time. (HAHAHA)

let's talk about… ELEPHANTS and hangers! haha!

Big Elephant

Rating: 5/5

da xiang, da xiang, ni de bi zi zhen me na me chang? ma ma shuo bi zi chang cai hui piao liang! [free translation: elephant, elephant, your nose why so long? mummy says nose long, then is beautiful!]

Did you sing the above, instead of reciting it out? If you did SING it, then you've found THE elephant of your life! Forget about the elephant camps in Thailand! Forget about the elephant rides in the zoo! Forget about the Dumbo ride you had at the theme park too! THIS elephant is here to stay! It's a HOT favourite among children and for the child IN YOU! (It does not require any feeding or additional maintenance)

TIP: Earn some extra pocket money by collecting coins for each ride during your housewarming!

taobao%20loot%20blue%20elephant_zpseo3ub

Baby Elephants

C_ _ F

Category: Animals

*Spins the wheel*

*Big money! Big money!*

*May I buy a vowel, please? I would like an 'A'!*

*ting!*

CA_F

*I would like to solve the puzzle! CALF!*

Absolutely right! You've won yourself not one... but two calves! Each baby elephant is the perfect companion to your sinks! They help to drain your cutlery/toothbrushes after wash. Suitable for both kitchens and toilets!

taobao%20loot%20baby%20elephants_zpsk4ov

Metal Hangers

Looking for a simple functional metal hanger for the service yard? Wait no longer! This is the most sophisticated hanger you can find! Grey: It's a classic that's fantastic! It withstands the ever-changing trends! Get yours today!

taobao%20loot%20metal%20hangers_zpsjsiwe

Wooden Hangers

Rating: 5/5 (*Do note that out of the 100 -YES HUNDRED- hangers, there were a few with metal parts that were bent, but they could be rectified with some simple twisting with a plier!)

Looking to dress up your wardrobe? This wooden hanger must not be missed! Let it accompany your gowns, dresses, shirts and pants! In fact, you could hang ANYTHING! It makes the plainest shirt of all... not so plain after all!

taobao%20loot%20wooden%20hangers_zpszzzq

hello twin! :)

uh-oh! our kitchen door was sourced by our contractor! we just told her what we wanted, so unfortunately we don't have the direct contact for the door! maybe you can source for others and tell them you want "black aluminium french doors" and then show them a pic of our door? hope this helps!

why doesn't your carpet match! you are talking about the triangles carpet right!!

-ze wife

Oic, looks like i must go n visit some door supplier. Thanks for the tips.

Ya loh my blue & white triangles carpet mat doesn't go with my leather grey recliner sofa. Should be my sofa not scandi look so both looks too clashing. Must find a way to let go.

U got a cute elephant baby, great for kid rides. I got the white elephant cutlery holder, is really effective in draining the water and I use it for my toothbrushes. Now I regret not getting the grey elephant, the white material get dirty easily :P

The grey hangers are nice. Wooden one nice too but sengkang/anchorvale is very humid. Do add some dehumidifier stuffs inside your wardrobe or u will find ur wooden hangers get moldy.

Edited by coyote

SCANDI - Search, Compare AND Invest (Part 7)

it's time for MORE TAOBAO LOOT! woots!

do feel free to ask for the links! please give the hubby some work to do HAHAHA since he is the one who did the shopping. my role is just to take pictures LOL.

i'll be giving my 2-cents worth of rating as well.

DISCLAIMER: The ratings expressed here represent my own and not those of my hubby. In addition, my thoughts and opinions change from time to time. The ratings are intended to provide a temporary description of my feeling at a point in time. (HAHAHA)

let's talk about… ELEPHANTS and hangers! haha!

Big Elephant

da xiang, da xiang, ni de bi zi zhen me na me chang? ma ma shuo bi zi chang cai hui piao liang! [free translation: elephant, elephant, your nose why so long? mummy says nose long, then is beautiful!]

Did you sing the above, instead of reciting it out? If you did SING it, then you've found THE elephant of your life! Forget about the elephant camps in Thailand! Forget about the elephant rides in the zoo! Forget about the Dumbo ride you had at the theme park too! THIS elephant is here to stay! It's a HOT favourite among children and for the child IN YOU! (It does not require any feeding or additional maintenance)

TIP: Earn some extra pocket money by collecting coins for each ride during your housewarming!

Baby Elephants

C_ _ F

Category: Animals

*Spins the wheel*

*Big money! Big money!*

*May I buy a vowel, please? I would like an 'A'!*

*ting!*

CA_F

*I would like to solve the puzzle! CALF!*

Absolutely right! You've won yourself not one... but two calves! Each baby elephant is the perfect companion to your sinks! They help to drain your cutlery/toothbrushes after wash. Suitable for both kitchens and toilets!

taobao%20loot%20baby%20elephants_zpsk4ov

Metal Hangers

Looking for a simple functional metal hanger for the service yard? Wait no longer! This is the most sophisticated hanger you can find! Grey: It's a classic that's fantastic! It withstands the ever-changing trends! Get yours today!

Wooden Hangers

Rating: 5/5 (*Do note that out of the 100 -YES HUNDRED- hangers, there were a few with metal parts that were bent, but they could be rectified with some simple twisting with a plier!)

Looking to dress up your wardrobe? This wooden hanger must not be missed! Let it accompany your gowns, dresses, shirts and pants! In fact, you could hang ANYTHING! It makes the plainest shirt of all... not so plain after all!

taobao%20loot%20wooden%20hangers_zpszzzq

SCANDI - Storeroom: Customised AND Installed!

time for our storage racks in the bomb shelter!

this is very important to me (ze wife) because the hubby happily filled up our bookshelf with ALL his books :fire: and i had to "beg" him to "rent" me a few areas for MY things LOL. really feels like the "rent a box" concept you see in shopping malls HAHA! BUT FORTUNATELY, the hubby has once again kindly given me the freedom to DO WHATEVER i want with the storeroom racks. :sport-smiley-004: and of cos, the more space, THE BETTER!

never knew storage racks can cost quite a lot too! i always had the impression that they cost less than $100 until i got the guy to come down to measure and asked around some people.

never knew the difference between bolt-less and bolted racks too (actually, i still do not quite know! oops hahaha) but now, i definitely know the difference in terms of PRICE lol. the bolt-less ones can actually go about double the price of the ones with bolts! i guess there must be a reason for the huge price difference but being cheapo, we decided to go for MAXIMISING SPACE and minimising cost. (i'm a "mini-miser" lol) and well, my in-law's storeroom shelves with bolts are still working fine, even after so long! so we decided to take a gamble!

anw, we got this contact after visiting a friend's house. we were super inspired by how they could customise the racks according to their needs! and now, i'm super happy with our SPACE-MAXIMISED bomb shelter storeroom! :D

cut the long story short, these were my requirements:

1. shelf above bombshelter entrance

2. bigger bottom shelf space for luggage/future baby pram

3. space for tall things like our ladder

this is the view from the entrance! love how there's space for the ladder and cleaning tools because they are slowly overcrowding our service yard!

next, here's a closer look at the shelves on the left and right. bottom left for huge items such as luggage or baby prams in future! OR EVEN A MATTRESS WHEN THE HUBBY MAKES ME ANGRY IN FUTURE HAHA!

bombshelter%203_zpsaqorcvi9.jpg

finally, the top part. here's what you'll see if you stand in the middle of the bomb shelter and look up! there's storage on all four sides, including above the entrance. feels like a little world of its own up there haha.

and so, here's the process! first, i got the guy to come down to measure and he gave me a quote based on what i wanted. discussed with the hubby, then called the guy again to confirm. he then arranged for a date for the racks to be installed. on the day of installation, he took about close to 30-40 minutes (i think ours is probably longer than usual haha).

*TIP: you might want to have a clear idea of what u want before you get him to come down. i was actually quite blur… we agreed to have shelves on all 4 sides on the phone (totally forgot about the space for ladder! :jawdrop: ). it was only on the day of installation that i asked him about it. fortunately, he was able to customise according to my requirements (1. have space for ladder, 2.have space for luggage/prams) ON THE SPOT! phew!!

drop us a note if you guys want the contact :)

SCANDI - Settling Curtains AND blinds Installation (Part 2)

continued from previous post… :)

it's curtain call time!

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Walk-in-Wardrobe

MBR Mini Entrance

MBR%20Day%20Curtains_zpsatio3r1x.jpg

Hi Clownprince,

Please PM me your contacts for the following:

1. Curtains

2. Bomb shelter racks

Please share links for the following:

1. Baby elephants drainer - SO cute! :good:

2. Wooden hangers - I love but IKEA ones are very ex :no:

Clownprince's wife, you never fail to entertain! :D Love your elephant & draining commercial! I bought 1white one for myself too! Looks like I shld get another grey one since it looks rather classic! :rofl:

Hi Mr and Mrs Clownprince

love your home! Looks like those from inspired from Pinterest. Too bad i don't have a flair for arts.

Can I have your contractor contacts? How much did u spend?

Where do u get the lights for the store room as well as the shelving?

How much did u spend on your kompacplus counter top? How is the review after using it? Can withstand heat?

Dear Clown Prince,

Love love your blog! Thanks so much for sharing!

May i have the contacts for

1) The storage rack guy and

2) contacts for the blinds?

3) Contractor's contact?

Thanks!