Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tailgatepro

Do I Need To Pay To Agent If Buy Resale Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the agent is represent buyer or you?

If agent represent buyer aka you, then you need to pay

if agent represent seller, then seller pay, u don't need to pay

if you have no agent represent you, do all your paperwork yourself.

seller agent since taking comm from seller, s/he does not represent you. Since s/he does not represent you, u cannot expect s/he to do your paperwork FOC.

I think is 3% Commission of the selling price

no one pays 3%. Cut down.

If the agent represents the seller, and you got no agent. You don't need to pay. The paperwork will still be done up on behalf of the seller for the buyer to sign.

FYI some agents will try to represent and draw commission from both side. However, this is not allowed. They work around by asking one of their col to join in.

If as a buyer/seller, you do not have an agent, don't be tricked into letting the other side agent get you to pay comm.

Edited by Yika

Hi,

you only need to pay your own agent (who helped you with your paperwork etc), 1% of the sealed price.

If you buy yourself without hiring any agent to help you with paperwork, you don't have to pay any agent fee.. but you need to be very sure of the procedures and timelines and ensure you submit the right document on time.

I bought my 4rm resale flat last Dec (key collection March 5th) under a very good agent..

She meet up with us first to explain the procedure and help us understand more on our financial side as we're 1st time buyer and know nothing about HDB purchase..

Then from applying loan to house viewing to submitting all the endless documents.. everything was done fuss free..

If you need help I can provide you her contacts and maybe she can help you.. :)

Edited by Nana Chan