Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
esthermonitor

Bad Experience At Next Phase Furniture At Kaki Bukit

The initial impression we had of Next Phase furniture was very pleasant and professional. We were greeted by Vince who showed us the different sofas in the showroom. We went back on Christmas 2014 to buy a 3seater sofa and was served by Cassandra who was patient with us. Despite our indecisiveness of the colour, she was very professional and guided us to decide on the appropriate colour to suit our theme. They were also very accommodating to suit our weird request of producing 2 ottoman covers (instead of a full set of ottoman) for our existing ottomans at home. She even adviced us to bring down our exisiting covers to ensure the correct measurements which we promptly did the next day. All these requests were CLEARLY written on our invoice in Cassandra’s neat handwriting. And that was where our good impression ended.

The delivery date was supposed to be the weekend of 31 January. 2 days before the weekend, we got a call at 9pm (who calls so late??) by their delivery guy called Kelvin. He accused us of changing our order. He said the sofa was ready for delivery already, however, due to our “last minute addition” of 2 ottoman covers, he was unable to deliver he items together. Having no space in the warehouse, he demanded that he delivered the sofa this weekend and the covers at a later date. Not wanting to stay at home to wait twice, we told him so but he continued demanding his way due to our “last minute change”. We promptly called back the office and spoke to Vince who assured us that both our sofa and covers would be delivered together but at a later date, which we were okay with.

A few days later, Kelvin called again and once again demanded that they deliver the sofa asap as they do not have space at the warehouse. When we explained that we do not want to wait twice, he assured us that he would deliver the cover at a time convenient for us since it can be easily delivered by a car. Having that assurance, we agreed to have the sofa delivered the next day (6 February 2015).

A few days later (10 Feb), we got a call from Kelvin telling us the covers are ready for delivery. However, that week was packed for us since it is just before CNY. We were only free on 12 Feb and I clearly told him this during that call and he agreed to deliver on 12 Feb.

On 11 Feb 10.30pm, we suddenly got a call from him telling us that he wants to deliver the covers NOW and would reach our house at 11.30pm. He demanded that we wait up for him. Having had a hectic day, we were shocked and told him off. We had to argue with him for a good 10 minutes before he agreed to do the delivery the next day (which was the initial agreement). We once again set the timing for deliver for 12Feb at 10pm.

On 12 Feb at 9.45pm, Kelvin called us to say that he has a matter to attend to and would only reach our house at 11.30pm. We told him off as it would mean waiting up for him when the assurance was that he would deliver to our convenience. After another 10minutes of argument, he agreed to brush that matter off and came to deliver the covers at 10.30pm instead of the initially agreed 10pm.

The delivery process with Next Phase furniture has left us angered and frustrated. It is definitely a TERRIBLE experience and I would strongly not recommend getting from them. :curse:

Edited by esthermonitor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear Esthermonitor,

I think you are over-reacting. All furniture and furnishings companies experience a spike of business right before CNY.

They may have been a bit stubborn about delivering your items but they delivered. Compared to the other stories where consumers cannot even received anything at all, this seems trivial.

Dear Esthermonitor,

I think you are over-reacting. All furniture and furnishings companies experience a spike of business right before CNY.

They may have been a bit stubborn about delivering your items but they delivered. Compared to the other stories where consumers cannot even received anything at all, this seems trivial.

I agreed with you.... better than cannot fulfill : (

I bought a console from them last year, so far I still think their service & professionalism is up to standard...

Ok la. Overall u still get ur thing before CNY. Bo bian 1 la peak period. All Chinese pp1 2 Have NEW and Gd condition items for CNY. Point of my view: overall the delivery guy(kelvin)/ next phase still doing their job la. Nevertheless they never own ur items after CNY (Chinese traditional SOP)

i agree with the rest, it shouldn't happen, but there is no loss.

Everybody rush to move in before CNY, all the shops are trying to deliver things before CNY. Take it easy, i don't think their services are as bad as stated like others who did not receive their stuff from start.

thanks for sharing.