Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookie

Best Hotels To Hold Wedding Banquet? Reasons Pls!

mawby84, wow you booked so early huh bcos your AD is 2009! anyway, earlier is better than late. :P

yesterday, we attended a wedding at hilltop garden. the food was normal normal and no abalone. frankly speaking, i dont really like the ambience. during the wedding, the waiter/waitress came to every tables to collect back the menu card cover so that they could use to recycle for the next wedding! ;) my goodness! :) i dont think it was nice to do that infront of all the guests lor. they should do it after the wedding mah. otherwise, it would look very low class. :(

we didnt received any wedding favours lor. restaurants dont provide wedding favours meh?? :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
mawby84, wow you booked so early huh bcos your AD is 2009! anyway, earlier is better than late. :P

yesterday, we attended a wedding at hilltop garden. the food was normal normal and no abalone. frankly speaking, i dont really like the ambience. during the wedding, the waiter/waitress came to every tables to collect back the menu card cover so that they could use to recycle for the next wedding! ;) my goodness! :) i dont think it was nice to do that infront of all the guests lor. they should do it after the wedding mah. otherwise, it would look very low class. :(

we didnt received any wedding favours lor. restaurants dont provide wedding favours meh?? :)

heys gal, yeapz cox of the day we wanted i guess. hhmm i guess the service is compromised when we don't hold it at hotels to a certain extent, unless its those reputable chinese restaurant?

actually besides a suitable venue (depending on your number of guests, the kind of set up, the kind of serving method etc), you still need a very good wedding planner/coordinator to help plan out the whole thing. You can have the best venue, but if you lack of a good planner, it could turn out to be a disaster....

heys gal, yeapz cox of the day we wanted i guess. hhmm i guess the service is compromised when we don't hold it at hotels to a certain extent, unless its those reputable chinese restaurant?

hilltop garden belongs to qianxi restaurant and qianxi is quite a reputable restaurant. erm, i dont know leh. i just dont like the ambience (dont have the wedding mood). :dunno:

actually besides a suitable venue (depending on your number of guests, the kind of set up, the kind of serving method etc), you still need a very good wedding planner/coordinator to help plan out the whole thing. You can have the best venue, but if you lack of a good planner, it could turn out to be a disaster....

yup, agreed. wedding co-ordinator plays an impt role too. :deal:

Heys tingshen, agree with you on the wedding coordinator, the one whom I met up with at CC was real accommodating and gave us a detailed run through on what happens before and during the wedding. The part which is my fav is before the wedding at around 5pm, when refreshments is served to the bridal suite, my hubby hafta be downstairs going through the rehearsal wif the coordinator. As for the bride, its juz follow what the groom does. :dunno: I guess for mine, on a pretty tight budget for AD and the emphasis on the food menu therefore made CC my choice.

Heys tingshen, agree with you on the wedding coordinator, the one whom I met up with at CC was real accommodating and gave us a detailed run through on what happens before and during the wedding. The part which is my fav is before the wedding at around 5pm, when refreshments is served to the bridal suite, my hubby hafta be downstairs going through the rehearsal wif the coordinator. As for the bride, its juz follow what the groom does. :sport-smiley-004: I guess for mine, on a pretty tight budget for AD and the emphasis on the food menu therefore made CC my choice.

you're going to hold your AD at Club Chinois so how is the banquet going to be like? :sport-smiley-004: the standard 9 or 10 course dinner? :drunk:

My AD was held at one of the qianxi restaurant - very good food at affordable price and the atmosphere was good - very much like a normal chinese dinner. casual and lively.

My AD was held at one of the qianxi restaurant - very good food at affordable price and the atmosphere was good - very much like a normal chinese dinner. casual and lively.

which qianxi restaurant? bcos there're 3 of them. qianxi, bliss garden and hilltop garden. :jawdrop: yup, agreed the price is reasonable but my hb said the food so-so. to me, the ambience is so-so. :bangwall:

so, i bet you got earned some profit out of your AD. :furious:

raincole...went to Qianxi MArina south before...food very very nice though the layout not tat good for

march in....

I was the main coordinator for my good friend and all was smooth sailing....

I also heard good feedbacks from my friends for Qianxi dinners...though the location may not be so good...

Find that on average, hotel price per table is about $3-400 higher than restaurant and their food is not necessary better. Furthermore, most popular hotels are located in busy shopping areas which make parking for your guest a nightmare. This means that it is almost impossible to start the dinner on time.

Besides the "free" hotel stay, what are the benefits of holding in hotel over restaurant?

We think that good food is important and find that Peony Jade at Clark Quay is pretty cosy. Anybody held their Big Day there? Furthermore, there is also a complimentary stay at either Merchant Court or Conrad thrown in.

Any other restaurant recommendations?

HI i attend a colleague wedding at Peony Jade.

food is nice.

The first problem is the service is not v good. Fish, the staff never cut for us. And they didn't change the plates for us, somemore put the sharks fin soup on our dirty plates (from 1st dish).

Service is not good.

2nd prob is the place is inconvenient bec' there is no nearby parking or drop off area. Taxi has to drop me off at clark quay road and i have to walk 15min to the restaurant. The restaurant also hard to find, several guests lost their way.

So overall, i dun tink it is worth. If u want restaurant, I will recommend the Harbourfront restaurant (i tink is call riverside or something) which have a branch at Excelsior hotel. Both are nice food, nice ambience, good and convenient location and good pricing.

Tunglok i will not recommend cos their banquet food quality is not v good.

U can try Amara, M hotel, Grand Plaza parkroyal, Parkroyal on beach road...800-900 should still be able to get you a nice hotel...

Amara hotel, i went for my colleague wedding just recently.

Food is nice.

Ambience not bad.

Service a bit lacking. Our table - the turning plate (if u know the plate in the middle which is fix to the table where u can roll around to reach the food u want) is spoilt and they change halfway for us, it was quite messy.

Other than tat disturbance, i find it overall good.

Grand plaza is where i hold my wedding. The food is fantastic, the wedding planner does so much for us that we dun have to fret or worry anything abt details, ambience is good. MY colleagues even told me the food is better than fullerton and other high class hotels. Plus the hotel is new.

However, best that u check whether their food is still supply by Si Chuan Dou Hua cos i heard recently that the restaurant is not there already (could be mistake also).

Plaza Parkroyal - i just attended my good fren wedding last mth. Food is fantastic. Ambience is good. Service is good, the waiter change plates every round and cut the fish nicely for us.

Hi guys, anyone been to wedding dinners at Meritus Mandarin in Orchard?

I had just signed up with them for my wedding dinner next year in February. Just wanna get some feedback. :sport-smiley-004: