Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookie

Best Hotels To Hold Wedding Banquet? Reasons Pls!

sorry, ride on this thread abit..

furama city center

holiday inn atrium

holiday inn park view

m hotel

park hotel orchard

which will you choose, and why?

We chose holiday inn atrium becuase of the the location which is near Zion road and Special Moments

Chinese Dinner Menu , which has 9 dishes cost $708/table, free flow of beer and 1 bottle of wine per table u open, plus they give another 6 bottles free. so alchohol we got it covered.

they also give 2 night hotel stay. they also giove 30% guest free parking, pay 70% of ur invitation cards. :bangwall:

Edited by Relacker

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

we ever been to holiday inn parkview before we decided on our current banquet hotel (swissotel the stamford). holiday inn parkview indeed look quite old and quite inconvenient so we strike it off from our list. :lol:

sorry, ride on this thread abit..

furama city center

holiday inn atrium

holiday inn park view

m hotel

park hotel orchard

which will you choose, and why?

M hotel! Because they have their own bridal floor very nice. I remembered their wedding coordinator also very nice and they serve you professionally, providing drinks while you wait, carpark coupons etc.

hellos all, just wanted to say that I just had my wedding dinner at GPP (behind Peninsular Plaza) and it was wonderful. All the guests commented the food is fantastic. Our wedding coordinator is also very accommodating and responsible. The banquet manager was experienced and steady, even the waitress were polite and professional. The outdoor and indoor jacuzzi added to the romantic touch after the tiring night. Thumbs up!

any pix to share?

hellos all, just wanted to say that I just had my wedding dinner at GPP (behind Peninsular Plaza) and it was wonderful. All the guests commented the food is fantastic. Our wedding coordinator is also very accommodating and responsible. The banquet manager was experienced and steady, even the waitress were polite and professional. The outdoor and indoor jacuzzi added to the romantic touch after the tiring night. Thumbs up!

any pix to share?

Wedding Venues Review by bluedusk 2008

Hi all, the below review and comments are purely my opinion and taste and so you may or may not agree with it.

As me and my htb has literally visited all the recommended hotels in Singapore, I feel that I'll be able to give a fairly accurate description and comparison overall.

To give you guys a background, I started my wedding venue search with the top priority as "ambience looks good" from pictures from the internet and so those not mentioned below are probably "not good enough" in my opinion.

I will also include comments for venues which I have been for actual weddings in 2007 (recent)

Let's start with The Fullerton Hotel

1) Fullerton Hotel

There are 2 Ballrooms in Fullerton Hotel: Grand Ballroom and the Straits Room

* Appearance

Grand Ballroom: It is grand, with stairs for march in (if you are into this kind of thing). But overall look is not super fantastic in my opinion. 7/10

Straits Room: A beautiful white room with Colonian/Victorian setting. Has beautiful chandeliars, high ceiling pillarless... perfect for small weddings. 9/10

* Price (weekend)

Grand Ballroom's pricing differs from the Straits Room

- Grand Ballroom (min 30tables mon-thurs, min40tables sat, min 35 for sun and public holidays): ~$1000/table

- Straits Room (min 8tables, max 12 tables): ~$1600+ includ tax&svc

- Rating: 7/10 (The price is steep with little perks, but overall it is worth it and you will be guaranteed a pleasant and smooth wedding)

* Service 9/10

Fulleton Hotel's service is unquestionable. Every staff is well trained and their service never fail to impress at weddings. (as they dun hire those ah bengs or ah lians part-timers that are untrained)

* Food 6/10

Very subjective. Some people says good, others say not so good.

But the majority will feel that their food is not very fanstatic.

* Unique features

- Nice vintage limo for rental

- Super nice Bridal Suite (2 storeys) with Bubble Bath

- Elegant reception

Conclusion:

Reasons to choose Fullerton

1. You like to a special march-in via stairs

2. Prestigue is important to you

3. Service is more important than food

4. You are not worried about the cost (esp the Straits Room)

5. You are in love with the gorgeous white setting of the Straits Room

2) Intercontinental Hotel

* Appearance 9.5/10

Pros: Big, Pillarless, High Ceiling, Beautiful Chandeliars (Swaroski Crystals), Big Stage.. the Ballroom is gorgeous!

Cons: Small Reception, not so impressive front desk area

* Price

- min30tables for weekday, 32 for weekend... max 40-42tables

- weekend price is ~$1040 includ tax/svc

- Rating: 6/10

The price is steep with little perks and hotel is relatively unknown to most people despite being a 5-star hotel.

* Service (7/10)

- We were quite impressed when the wedding coordinator brought us to their nice cafe and we can order anything on the menu for free.

(even though we only express interest on the hotel and not even confirm taking up the hotel....for fullerton, we need to pay ourselves..lol)

- Cons: The wedding coordinators are very busy, I feel that they are understaffed. Hope they will rectify this problem so that we will have 100% quality service. Now is still alright though.

* Food 8/10

Most will say the portion is generous and the food is very good.

* Unique features

- Four Themes to choose

- Easily accessable by MRT (Bugis)

Conclusion:

Reasons to choose Intercontinental (which we did)

1. The Gorgeous Ballroom

2. Long and Grand March in

3. You are not worried about the cost

Frankly speaking, me and my htb literally choose our wedding venue just based on the beautiful and grand ballroom.

And once you see the ballroom in real, it is very hard to forget about it unless you really do not have the budget.

3) Grand Hyatt Hotel

There are many ballrooms in Grand Hyatt Hotel.

* Appearance

Grand Ballroom (6.5/10): Low ceiling and looks quite dull/gloomy. But it is still quite nice. (Sound/lighting system sucks though)

The other function rooms/ballrooms are ordinary and average looking (5.5/10)

Hibiscous Room (under reno til May 08) is expected to be very beautiful

* Price (weekend)

~ $868-$900++ (exclud tax/svc)

* Service 7.5/10

Quite prompt during the actual wedding dinner. Nothing outstanding though to highlight.

* Food 6/10

Nothing special. Taste alright though some people in my table complain a bit about the food.

Conclusion:

Reasons to choose Grand Hyatt

1. Location

2. Hibiscus Room (before reno it looks 8/10, hopefully aft reno much better?)

My Honest Opinion?? I won't recommend this because it is quite expensive and there is nothing that is particularly outstanding about the hotel.

4) Oriental Mandarin

There are a few ballrooms in Oriental Hotel

* Appearance

The Grand Ballroom is fan-shaped and you may not like the march in effect. (7/10)

The other ballrooms are kinda plain and average looking. (6/10)

(The pictures in the internet are kinda deceiving actually but it is true the nice themes do push up the rating to 7.5/10)

* Price (weekend)

~ $1088++ (exclud tax/svc)

* Service 9.5/10

Best in Singapore.

* Food 8/10

Heard raves about the food. People are generally positive about their food

Conclusion:

Reasons to choose Oriental

1. Service

2. Nice Themes

3. If you can afford

4. Food

5. Prestigue

My Honest Opinion?? I really love their service. And really wanted to book the place just based on that. but....... ambience is still more impt to me.

5) Marina Mandarin

* Appearance (Grand Ballroom) 7.5/10

- Pros: Pillarless, nice set up, good lighting/sound

- Cons: Short March in, Low Ceiling

* Price (weekend)

~ $958++ (exclud tax/svc)

* Service 5.5/10

For such a pretigious hotel, the service is surprisingly lousy. Throughout the night, my drink was not refilled. (half filled, 1/3 filled, and was empty for quite sometime)

Hard to get their attention whenever I want something.

The waiters are hardly trained to serve properly.

* Food 8/10

Despite the mediocre service, the food was good.

Conclusion:

Reasons to choose Mandarin

1. Food

2. Location

3. If you can afford

My Honest Opinion?? For that price, I rather choose Oriental or Intercontinental for better service.

Stay Tune for reviews on:

- Humble House

- One Rochester Park *

- Shangri-La

- Raffles Hotel

- Swissotel

- Park Royal Hotel *

- Asian Civilization Museum *

- Pioneer Springs *

- Hilltop Garden *

- Ritz Carlton *

- Furama Waterfront

- Grand Corpor *

- Holiday Inn Atrium *

- Raffles Town Club *

* denoting I have attended the wedding dinner

(otherwise reviews are based on visit and hearsay.)

Edited by bluedusk

Hi gals,

I was a Novotel Clarke Quay bride last December. I held my wedding banquet at their Cinnamon Ballroom. For some pictures of the setup, you can visit my blog.

I would recommend it for the reasons below...

1) if you are having a mid-size banquet (fits 20-25 tables)

2) banquet food is not bad (comments from food-tasting and actual day guests)

3) the ballroom is situated on a level of its own (you have your own private space for reception)

4) ballroom has direct access to carpark and lifts

5) service ok

6) price is reasonable for those looking for a hotel location

7) hotel venue is quite accessible for those who take public transport (there is Clarke Quay mrt and bus-stops nearby)

8) parking is adequate for those who drive

9) cosy ambience

10) almost "pillarless" ballroom (one small pillar at the side)

Just my two cents worth! !!

Hi bluedusk, were you the one who asked me if you could drop by to view my wedding setup? :yamseng:

So you've gone with Intercon in the end?

My wedding was fantastic, everything from the set-up right down to the porter's service was great.....had wonderful memories of the place :P

May not be very relevant

Fullerton

Mine was in the straits room (10 tables at most) so not sure abt other ballrooms 9.5/10

Buffet Lunch (7.5/10)

Svc (9/10)

Price: 90 per pax for wkend

Overall, the wedding planner did make a difference she did try to accomdate our small requests,

1. extra gifts which were taken by the 'greedy' kids

2. pre-wedding food testing which was not allowed

3. corkage

in terms of svc i think they are one of the best but in terms of price i believe u can get a bargain elsewhere

We were considering Four Seasons initially too. I simply love their ballroom. Have heard comments that the food there was good. Pricing's a bit steep though.

How much is a table at Four Seasons? Anyone has comments?

How much is a table at Four Seasons? Anyone has comments?

Four Seasons quite pricey if I remember. Quoted about $900++ but no free flow drinks, no beer almost no freebies whatsoever...