Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jun Jie Tan

Tabao Furniture

Hi All,

Anyone bought anything from Taobao before?

I have heard and saw from online quite a bit of people buying things from there.

And there are these "middleman" whom you can engage to send you items from China to here ( 65daigou, peeko etc).

Just wondering if anyone who buy things from taobao and liaised through these agent able to kindly leave your feedback on them here?

It can act as a review postings for all to share. I think that will be quite useful for those who intend to buy things from Taobao online (including me).

I was actually thinking of buying TV console, partition wall, curtains and wallpapers from Taobao. But would like to know more about the risk I will be taking before embarking on the purchase.

So far, things i read about these middle man will charge you a certain fee but they will make sure your goods are well received and the right purchase (meaning color, style and design same as the one u wanted). This in my opinion would save you alot of hassle if you just direct purchase from the seller. Shipping will be another cost incurred. Anyone know what about GST? Please please help me with your kind reviews if you use any of them before! :notti::sport-smiley-018::lol:

Thanks all! :)

Edited by TJJ1983

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I tried getting my sofa from TaoBao. Totally not worth it. There was error in measurements. End up my sofa not flushed. And my leg was knocked. So now abit unstable. End I got rid of the TaoBao sofa and bought another one in SIngapore. Super waste money!!!!!

Abit too risky to get big furniture from Taobao, though they're really very cheap. ;)

Need to calculate all the shipping etc, have to assemble the product yourself, and the possibilities of seller send out your items with missing parts as you will only know when you are doing the assembling.. :unsure:

And also damages cause due to rough handling by various people during the transit period (by air - 2weeks, by sea probably 1month plus?). :wacko:

My friend bought vanity table, dining table, lights etc from Taobao, the delivery went wrong (send to another part of SG) and cause some trouble in retrieving their goods..

So for my reno I use the lazy and easiest way to save myself from addition stress..

I only buy sofa cushion cover, wall stickers, organizers, kitchen gadgets, deco etc all those small/light weight items that can be ship by air using Taobao direct official forwarder.. :P

Those stuff that I buy, is really just spend the money to "test" out.. if no good at least not so heartpain.. :lol:

Check out this link for more information about how to shop in Taobao from Singapore..

http://onlineshopper.sg/buy-taobao-singapore/

Cheers.

Edited by Nana Chan