Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
X6GT

$10 Per Electric Socket / Light Switch Plate Change?

Hi, I recall last time I came across a post here that someone said their electrician charged only $10 per point for changing such light switches n power sockets.

I've bought 20plus for the house and want to change like 6 as soon as possible.

Does anyone have any reliable contacts for this?

Actually, I can do myself I think..but may be very slow. And not sure also if I will do it correctly.

So please intro to me if you have frm your recent reno. Much appreciated! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm... think everyone's busy with CNY :P

One way light switches are very easy to change. 2 or more way light switches, just dismantle section by section and connect the wires to the new switch. In this way, you will not get the wiring wrong. 13 A power sockets are also easy to change. The only issue, I faced is that some of the tapping screws slots cracked which makes it a challenge to secure the face plate.

One way light switches are very easy to change. 2 or more way light switches, just dismantle section by section and connect the wires to the new switch. In this way, you will not get the wiring wrong. 13 A power sockets are also easy to change. The only issue, I faced is that some of the tapping screws slots cracked which makes it a challenge to secure the face plate.

Hi Hebronep, thanks.. Actually I agree, it's supposed to be very easy. I've watched videos on it and seems ok if I follow step by step. Mine are mostly 2-way though.

But hmm... I guess I kinda want peace of mind knowing it's being done by someone who knows exactly what they're doing. I scared later I wire wrongly then kena electrocuted or something :D

Also, there are 20+ so if I were to let somebody more expert do the job, it would be faster! LOL cos I think for me to do 20 would take 1 week...

How about I pay you to help me do? :sport-smiley-004:

Besides the screw boss cracking and breaking, which is a big problem, if the switches/sockets are concealed, then there is a high chance that the old paint will flake off or leave a line when the old faceplate is removed. If the faceplate is of a different brand/size, that previous paint line will be visible.

Besides the screw boss cracking and breaking, which is a big problem, if the switches/sockets are concealed, then there is a high chance that the old paint will flake off or leave a line when the old faceplate is removed. If the faceplate is of a different brand/size, that previous paint line will be visible.

Ya lor... that's why I am planning to reserve my time for the repainting around the socket/ the whole wall. Because this one I'm more expert at haha.. compared to electrical stuff. Division of labour :notti:

Hi hi all..! I got some switch plates n sockets changed for $10, yayyy. Happy with work and service, so would be happy to recommend if anyone needs.

Only thing is they are the electricians who were used by lights.sg (?) where I bought my lights. So essentially if you have lights to install, they charge $40 for the first light then the subsequent lights are $10 each.. if I recall correctly. I need to go bck to the house to check my receipts. And then they charge $10 per switch/point.

In other words, they will need you to make it worth their while to go all the way to your house... so the more stuff you have for them to do, the cheaper per unit.

And thanks @Pelect for your kind offer, it so happened that I was buying these lights anyway :)

Hi X^GT, ok to PM or email me (erementar@gmail.com) the contractor / electrician contact ?

Looking for one to do up light for my house.

Thanks so much.

Edited by George Neo

Hi X^GT, ok to PM or email me (erementar@gmail.com) the contractor / electrician contact ?

Looking for one to do up light for my house.

Thanks so much.

Hi George.. sorry! Was busy with my next phase of the renovations.

Here you go:

ZtIH7ZI.jpg

Hope it works out for you...! :)