Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ipaq4444

Kerb For Bathroom If Only Having Removable Shower Screen?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You mean just the shower portion right? No need kerb if no glass screen required. Although some choose to have a kerb to keep water spilling over to the other side. But no screen or no curtain then it's quite moot.

My parents' place don't have a kerb in both bathrooms as we have neither glass door/screen or shower curtain for the shower portion. Has been working fine over 20+ years.

You mean just the shower portion right? No need kerb if no glass screen required. Although some choose to have a kerb to keep water spilling over to the other side. But no screen or no curtain then it's quite moot.

My parents' place don't have a kerb in both bathrooms as we have neither glass door/screen or shower curtain for the shower portion. Has been working fine over 20+ years.

i intend to only have a shower screen ( Cheap type ) but am wondering if necessary to have the kerb, so for your parent place, did the water splash all over when there is no kerb?

We have kerb and no kerb with and without shower screen. All works.

Some prefer open space, some prefer water to be isolated, it is really all personal preference. Having a kerb is not expensive, not having one also wouldn't save you much, so it really depends.

You have to weigh the pros and cons of each, but at the end of the day, you'll be the one using the toilet, you can decide what work best for you.

Agree with benetay. All works really, down to personal preference. Kerb with curtain (sorry, not sure what shower screen you mean) will still have some puddles of water splashing out. No kerb no curtain/screen it does splash say about slightly more than 1m in each direction? Depends on how big your bathroom is to define whether it splashes all over or not.

My neighbour upstairs had a kerb in the shape of a square in their common bathroom with shower curtain when they had a domestic worker with them. She said water would still splash out. Now that the kids are grown up and there's no more domestic worker with them, they've removed the curtain, but find the kerb very "in the way" when they want to use the common toilet. They all shower in the MBR toilet where there's a segmented shower screen + kerb to minimise water splashing all over. Easier for her hubby to clean as well as that's the only "wet" toilet.

kerb for sure... i did my mine with curb..same concept...at first i was telling my wife...why need stupid kerb etc etc...but after kerb installed..im so glad it is there... you see, when you shower, apart from splashing, water gets accumulated on the ground..with kerb, it will not "travel" to other areas such as the WC or wash basin area..so each time you go bang sai or wash hands, you wont have wet feet..without kerb, you wash hands 1 time, feet wet one time...

of cos, if it does not bothers you, no prob...

Edited by jonatha332