Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renozilla

Renozilla-Ville (Accidentally Danish)

On a related note, have brought an old 1970's turntable that was given to us to be repaired and cleaned up. It will sit on the tv console in the living room (you can see where this is going). Amazing thing is after being left untouched for so many many years, it still turns after plugging in (after digging up the pad). Missing bits on the arm so some stuff will need replacing and fabricating. Can't beat the build quality of these old things, the base is made of marble composite. REALLY heavy. Can't imagine how much something with similar construction would cost nowadays .

DSC_0049_3.jpg

DSC_0052_3.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Have not posted anything for a short while, we took a trip to BKK for a quick break and at the same time, take delivery of new pieces of furniture.

11194500_10155602510845604_1967208198985

Big load of luggage going in!

11092816_10155602497695604_7064576861336

P1200001.jpg

In the house now and continuing where we left off, our fridge and hob and blinds have been installed.

P1200026.jpg

P1200022.jpg

Yes blinds in the toilet too! (But none in the study... or at least not yet :P )
P1200024.jpg

Hob installed after much fussing about with Electrolux
P1200015.jpg

Super fuss free and smooth experience with Hitachi though

P1200017.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Bringing in our Bangkok buys

Designed and made in Thailand! The woods used are really nice.

P1200042.jpg

P1200031.jpg

shuffling the boxes in
P1200048.jpg

2 stools, one with a swingy legrest :)
P1200071.jpg

P1200066.jpg

P1200074.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

Over the weekend we also visited Space Furniture (Big sale now) and Mega Discount store (& Ikea) and picked up an elephant, a tv and parts of a wardrobe system respectively. Will need to visit Ikea once again and do some DIY-ing soon.

VITRA_AW14_001-2.jpg

Edited by Renozilla

hello! your house is very tastefully done! love it! :) super love your chairs from BKK too! haha guess what, the hubby bought the same elephant for me from taobao. it's on its way now.. cannot wait to see it! :P

-clownprince's wife

Thanks! Was a very very busy weekend spent packing at current home, fixing up stuff at the new home and shopping for applicance/furniture and going to Ikea twice. Totally spent. :(

P1200101.jpg

Stolmen system to go into our wardrobes

Been a big magazine hoarder, time to let go. Some of these will be going to new homes. The rest will go to my regular workshop.

11148312_10155630395365604_5669122646890

10929982_10155630378605604_1481442894132

We dropped by Megatex and it was a huge disappointment. Prices are really not worth mentioning and in the end, we headed back to Harvey Norman to buy a washing machine (where prices are much better, just don't buy anything from Electrolux)).

Since we were at Millennia Walk, we popped by Grafunkt once again to have a look-see look-see and in the end, we FINALLY FINALLY found our tv console months of searching :)

D8F59ABF-F749-4940-9DB9-0368C44237FF_1.j

4F18C3CE-9002-42FE-92A7-F51C125AF015_1.j

Surprising how difficult it is to find something clean looking.

To be honest i have no idea what theme we have, we actually have no theme. I think if any, functional will describe it best.

Edited by Renozilla

We also collected our Vitra Elephant last friday

P1200098.jpg

Ice Grey

P1200100.jpg

And circa 1970s turntable has been fixed and is now in good working condition. Can't wait to hook it up :)

P1200106.jpg

Also popped by Muji to pick up some small knick knacks. Everything is slowly but surely coming together

Edited by Renozilla

Hi Renozilla, the layout is very challenging. Wondering how big is the square footage in the home, excluding PES?

Hi Renozilla, the layout is very challenging. Wondering how big is the square footage in the home, excluding PES?

About 890+/- sqft. Layout was quite interesting to work around i given the bomb shelter smack in the middle and the unusual placement of a 3rd toilet (for a 2 bedder) in the yard. But we are quite happy with the end result and hopefully we did a good job of transforming the living space taking into account our layout and budget constraints.

For those wondering about our furniture choices, it's actually really simple. We have two dogs, one of them sometimes pees around the house, more so with furniture he cannot hide under. So we needed furniture with easy to clean legs and a minimal height clearance for him to be able to hide under.

Edited by Renozilla

Your house is simply beautiful Renozilla, well designed and very cozy. May I know which contractor you're working with and if you don't mind sharing the cost?

Thank you!

where can i shop for nice furniture in BKK? Thanks much!

Actually, am not very sure either. Best you do some research online before going.

For us, we actually spotted the pieces we wanted at IFFS but unfortunately were not able to grab them in time, so i contacted the designers in Bangkok directly and flew there for a short break and to collect the pieces which they kindly sent to he hotel.

Your house is simply beautiful Renozilla, well designed and very cozy. May I know which contractor you're working with and if you don't mind sharing the cost?

Thank you!

Thanks so much! Pm-ed you. Cost-wise i think it's best to discuss with the contractor directly cos every project is different.

Edited by Renozilla