Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
benetay

21K Theme-Less 3 Room Bto

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi hi, noticed that you bought the 707 Princeton as well. Have you tried using it? The water pressure from my 707 Princeton shower head is kinda weak and I wonder if it's gotta do with the design of the shower head itself, the fact that the water pipe is coming from ceiling down (instead of floor up) or something else altogether... :(

First I would check outside the house if the main tap valve is opened fully. If it is, contact pub and share with them your issue ask them if it is possible to do a pressure test as it should read 2.5 bar of pressure.

Then after that slowly track where the pressure loss happens, if it is the shower head, change it. There are water saving features in built into it and I do realise that the pressure is smaller compared to those I have used. New bto I realise the pressure is smaller esp on the top few floors. I'm at level 16, 2nd most top floor and the pressure isn't as strong as those on the 5th and 2nd which I have experience but others areas.

it could also be the mixer where there could be a flow limiter. I may just ask my plumber to remove it to check if the limiter is the cause. Many reasons may lead to low pressure but I'm actually quite determine to make sure that I enjoy my shower. I'm guilty of turning up the water.

All PMs and Email replies except for Home Sweet Home, can't send PM to him. Please PM me your email address i will only share via Email.

Cheers!

Initially thought we will only do one toilet which is the MBR toilet, now we think we should also do the common toilet and it is no going back. We import another Kraus bathroom sink combo... :jammin::jammin:

http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-C-GV-395-19mm-10SN-Vessel-Waterfall-Faucet/dp/B00HI0DQ3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432819129&sr=8-1&keywords=gv+395

Will arrive in 4 days, free shipping as usual. This one is slightly more expensive than the kitchen and MBR Kraus sink.

So now we have a total of 3 Kraus sink and tap. :notti::notti: Quality is really top notch. :good:

Will take picture when it arrive. Hopefully before this Sunday. ETA Friday 29nd May.

Edited by benetay

First I would check outside the house if the main tap valve is opened fully. If it is, contact pub and share with them your issue ask them if it is possible to do a pressure test as it should read 2.5 bar of pressure.

Then after that slowly track where the pressure loss happens, if it is the shower head, change it. There are water saving features in built into it and I do realise that the pressure is smaller compared to those I have used. New bto I realise the pressure is smaller esp on the top few floors. I'm at level 16, 2nd most top floor and the pressure isn't as strong as those on the 5th and 2nd which I have experience but others areas.

it could also be the mixer where there could be a flow limiter. I may just ask my plumber to remove it to check if the limiter is the cause. Many reasons may lead to low pressure but I'm actually quite determine to make sure that I enjoy my shower. I'm guilty of turning up the water.

Thanks for the advice, benetay!

I honestly doubt it's the general water pressure cuz everywhere else in the house is fine (taps, bidet spray etc)... My unit is on the top floor so perhaps that's another factor too.

After reading your post, I went to Google and found this thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/40736-707-instant-water-heater-princeton/

Looks like it's not an uncommon problem. ****. Not a happy bunny. :( Just seems like such a waste to change a brand new shower head, so I guess I need to live with it until it's more worn out... Should have just bought the Compact that my parents are using! Oh well.

I'm getting a Hansgrohe shower head, and if it makes any difference i will let you know. There are some suggestions online that it is due to water saving feature.

For those with Stainless steel sink and in the middle of renovation, sometimes the contractor uses the tap and the water came in contact with cement, tiles, clay, etc creating hard water and eventually leave with water marks and stain that is difficult to remove. I have scrubbed using towel but the stain still remain when the sink is dry. Here is how i eventually got it removed.

Things used:

• Oxo Squeegee
  • Heinz diluted white vinegar
  • Bicabornate of soda
  • dry towel
  • 3M sponge
  • Time required: 10 minutes

IMG_3915.jpg

it is actually quite easy to remove, all we need is some diluted white vinegar and bi-carbonate of soda. I tried the 'artificial' vinegar and it isn't as good as the Heinz one. Really powerful. I'm using a 3M sponge (green side) and a towel.

IMG_3924.jpg

bi-carbonate and vinegar to create a paste and use the 3M green side to scrub. :sport-smiley-003: Please do not scrub too hard, it will scratch your SS sink. Just lightly rub the stain off. Then use a dry towel to wipe off excess paste and see if the stain has been removed

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

All done! :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_3928.jpg

:yamseng:

Edited by benetay

• Like 1

For those with Stainless steel sink and in the middle of renovation, sometimes the contractor uses the tap and the water came in contact with cement, tiles, clay, etc creating hard water and eventually leave with water marks and stain that is difficult to remove. I have scrubbed using towel but the stain still remain when the sink is dry. Here is how i eventually got it removed.

Things used:

• Oxo Squeegee
  • Heinz diluted white vinegar
  • Bicabornate of soda
  • dry towel
  • 3M sponge
  • Time required: 10 minutes

IMG_3915.jpg

it is actually quite easy to remove, all we need is some diluted white vinegar and bi-carbonate of soda. I tried the 'artificial' vinegar and it isn't as good as the Heinz one. Really powerful. I'm using a 3M sponge (green side) and a towel.

IMG_3924.jpg

bi-carbonate and vinegar to create a paste and use the 3M green side to scrub. :sport-smiley-003: Please do not scrub too hard, it will scratch your SS sink. Just lightly rub the stain off. Then use a dry towel to wipe off excess paste and see if the stain has been removed

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

All done! :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_3928.jpg

:yamseng:

. Good job! Thanks for sharing your tips :D