Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Noodler

Advise On Ceiling Fans (Samaire) And Home Lighting

Phillips one also not confirm won't spoil. I personally won't recommend getting Phillips one. If anything goes wrong, you need to remove it yourself, bring it to service centre, slowly wait for your turn, then pray that they can repair it for you that day then bring back and install it yourself. I would go for shops that provide onsite warranty. I don't think I am confident enough to remove the lights myself and fix it back.

I got mine from House of Chandelier. They gave me 2 years onsite warranty. Can get their details by googling them if you are interested.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'll go for Phillips any day on lighting. Of cause there are better more expensive or less expensive ones in the market. I buy for the service they provide and piece of mind. Their design ain't bad.

Hi Noodler,

You are right that there isn't any onllne presence for the Samaire brand. And it seems like only Singapore shops are carrying it. The first page of the google search result is filled with SG websites.

For the lightings, it's not accurate to compare just based on price. There are quite a few factors you should look into such as the colour temperature which gives you the ambience, the brightness, design, and also the cover which will soften the harsh LED light. If the recommendation is from a very very trusted source, then go for it. But I have not heard of the brand myself. Maybe I'm ignorant :dunno:

I haven't heard of the brand before also but it was recommended by a popular lighting shop we visited. So just thought to ask around.

The ones I am comparing are similar in design - PO's light has 3 brightness settings that the Phillip's one doesnt have. So for a few dollars less, I get 3 settings (honestly don't require it though) and similar design and brightness to the Phillips one. But I guess I am more partial to the Phillips one because it's quite a trusted brand?

Hi,

you may wish to try Krislite at Loyang Way opposite the Tua Pek Gong temple... bought my downlights less than $100. They provide free lighting proposal too.

Hope this helps...

Hi lingli77,

Thank you for your reply! I am not looking for downlights though... we don't have false ceiling. But will check them out! :yeah:

Hi,

you may wish to try Krislite at Loyang Way opposite the Tua Pek Gong temple... bought my downlights less than $100. They provide free lighting proposal too.

Hope this helps...

Need some advise on the following.

Ceiling Fans

We visited a shop in Geylang some months back and were told that this brand (Samaire) is running on German technology, and for the price compared with other brands, is a good deal. The price is indeed lower than other major ceiling fan brands in the market. Did a quick Google search and saw that a handful of RTers were using it, thus we placed an order for it. Did not follow up with a more detailed research after that.

In the process of sourcing for lightings today, we came across this shop that carries Crestar. The retailer was commenting that Samaire is made in China, and that the quality is not as good; whereas Crestar is made in Taiwan. We were then reminded that we did not do our due diligence in researching for the Samaire's profile. It seems that Samaire doesn't seem to have any online presence, and there isn't any useful reviews for reference.

Any current users of Samaire care to share your experiences?

Lighting

Anyone heard of the local LED lighting brand PO? We are looking for round LED lights (for kitchen and dining area) and were recommended this brand @ $125, which is priced just slightly lower than Philips. Or anyone has other recommendations?