Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gdo07

Hong Kong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

eh..i think disneyland is a must to go leh..i just came back from there, my heart still at hongkong though i am in spore now

they have fireworks everyday. i took video of the fireworks at this palace. Love the sight...

Night view in disneyland is v v nice..i feel that anyone gg to hongkong, must go disneyland! hehe. i am not a kid though but its v memorable. The soveniers there also v affortable to buy

f_disneym_334cb3e.jpg

f_disney2m_e2d7839.jpg

the street at disneyland

f_disney3m_c4386fc.jpg

Yah, Disneyland is a nice place to go to..........i went there last year and ahd a great time....took lots of photo and video in disneyland.

yes yes.. go to the 南丫岛 see real old style fishing village,or 大屿山 eat seafood and desserts :furious:

if u really gg to 南丫岛.. remember to find their famous 虾米XO酱 ... cos this is the top priority buy everytime we gg back HK.. n sure to stock up a few bottle.. tis ting create amazing dishes nicer than u can eat in restaurants.. haha.. or may b i jus love it too much.. hahahahaa.. anyway.. this ting only selling in 南丫岛.. is really really special 土产 :D

hihi.... lantau island got dessert and seafood meh?

we went there see the big buddha oni lor...

HK shopping area wlb be in Mongkok! bags, shoes, clothes all very cheap!

Or go Shan Shui Pu... its like whole sale for clothes. Tkae MTR to this station alight and come out walk will do!

v cheap! u walk in ask the shop got sell loose pieces anot, if yes, u go in see. if no then u go to another shop lor, so many shops there!

hahahaa.. read this.. i jus back frm HK last mth..

lantau island is v big.. budha is only a corner of it.. airport is another corner.. n the "大澳" i mentioned is another corner..

hahahaa.. read this.. i jus back frm HK last mth..

lantau island is v big.. budha is only a corner of it.. airport is another corner.. n the "大澳" i mentioned is another corner..

Hi xlan,

can advise hw to go 南丫岛 & 大屿山的大澳 from kowloon bo ... staying in stanford hotel - kowloon.

Hehe ...thanks in advance

So far i go 大屿山 ...onli walk around the big buddha leh , din knw can link to 大屿山的大澳

Edited by diyo_989

er.. haha.. i actually forgot bus number.. cos my bro bring us ard... i'm so sorry.. perhaps u can get ur directions in airport 1st?

planning to go HK for my mini honeymoon after my wedding in nov, is it a good season to go for shopping? or sightseeing?

planning to book tics during the coming natas....

any recommendations?

darcbleu:

Disneyland hollywood hotel is a v nice romantic place..if u are gg to disneyland, u can consider staying in this hotel. Though its abit far from the main city

If you like shopping, then advisable to stay near the city

sightseeing, must go "the peak" during nite time..the view is :good:

planning to go HK for my mini honeymoon after my wedding in nov, is it a good season to go for shopping? or sightseeing?

planning to book tics during the coming natas....

any recommendations?

Personally, if u ask me.. i wont recommend HK to anyone .. I had been there 3 times(the last 1 is during MAR 08). All i can say that some of the ppl there are pretty rude and kiasu... as compare to spore. y i went 3 times its becos 1st time is when i was young, 2nd time is i went with my den GF, HK rained for the entire TRIP!!)

y i say so?

1) if u ask the bus uncle on destination or any questions, i doubt he will answer u.. i met this twice... :(.. don give a **** to us..

2) the MTR train haven even come to a stop.. the auntie n uncle will start to squeeze their way through during non-peak hour somemore.. (maybe quite common in spore too)

3) went to eat breakfast.. the counter lady understand mandrain.. but try to act she don understand.. and make a rude remark in cantonese!!

4) beta don ask discount.. they will give u long face. even in pasa malam..

5) Aunite squeeze into cubicle even when my wife haven come out!! ridculous.!!

gd things are i like their MTR.. and prob thats it.. oh ya.. n the one mee shop at Jordan( gd discovery.. hehe) and star avenue is pretty nice too..

go there if u wanna buy branded.. cos there are tons of branded shop ard.. haha.. or u can shop in shenzhen to get those cheap or chiong stuff...haha.. their massage, food and manicure n pedicure are oso cheap... but don ever let the taxi uncles con u onto their cab.. they will extort u for another price...

Ocean park act is quite similar to genting in term of the rides.. but certainly beta den Genting la.. haha

Disney ah? i will rather go japan 1.. cos HK 1 is too small...unless u gt budget and kids to consider..

if u wan romantic moment, go to victoria peak via the tram on weekdays....

if u gt time and $$ can try their dukling..(chinese junk) ride... i tot is free i saw on the net but when the lady emailed me.. need $$..

if u wan seafood(cheap n nice) take a ferry to suo luo wan(if i m right about the spelling)...

dim sum can go to the central MTR station and navigate to MAxim Place for some.. quite popular and alot of ppl eats there....

as for the rest.. don remember much.. btw their hotel rooms are normally veri small...

maybe onli me gt bad expriences or find HK nothing that interest me..

:D

Edited by yokoyoko

I think for those haven't been to any Disneyland, can still pay a visit to HK Disneyland. However my friend went before both the disneyland in HK and Japan, they will suggest go for the Japan one..

Ive been there a couple of times, once with a tour. I signed up for a 5D4N package tour with Nam Ho Travel during my first trip there. Initially i was rather against the idea of booking a package tour as i feel that tour groups are rather restrictive and i would hate to rush everywhere within a given time frame. However, as my friends & i didn't know our way around ourselves (initially), we had to do with one.

To my surprise, the trip was really relaxing and enjoyable. The tour guide was diligent and considerate, not one who'll try to make money out of you. She was patient in explaining and showing us around. We visited places like the peak, which we took a cable tram up & the view was magnificent at night! :thumbs up:

We went for seafood & authentic dim sums which were of standard almost everywhere (soo much better than our average hk cafes, xin wang, ding tai fung etc) :sport-smiley-018: and shopping at tung chung outlets, mongkok, element shopping mall, times square, ladies market, flower market, temple street market, wan chai and tsim sha tsui. (pardon me if i got the name wrong) Yes indeed, free & easy allow you to explore at your desired pace but id never have found out so many places of interest if not for the tour! Now, i can proudly say i can navigate my way about on my own. and i owe it to my splendid tour. Oh and if you guys are interested in where i booked my flight with, its at Out Of Singapore. Good luck with your trip, people!

Just came back from HK 2 weeks ago. Our 1st trip there and I quite enjoyed it. The tiring part was to look for halal Muslim food but no worries, MTR and a guide will take you there. I'm glad there were no food issues because there are quite a number of halal restaurants in HK.

My husband and I decided to give Ocean Park a miss because Disneyland made us bored. It was fun for the kids though. We were there to bring them to Disneyland in the 1st place. We didn't stay till the fireworks because there was nothing else to see and it was only about 4+pm so we hopped on to the MTR and went shopping at Citygate outlets instead. I enjoyed the cable car ride to Ngong Ping and wished we had more time to explore Lantau Island. The peak was also beautiful and the boys loved the tram ride down.

I find the people there quite gracious. We always got seats on the MTR because some kind souls offered us. My boys are 3 and 4.

Just came back from HK 2 weeks ago. Our 1st trip there and I quite enjoyed it. The tiring part was to look for halal Muslim food but no worries, MTR and a guide will take you there. I'm glad there were no food issues because there are quite a number of halal restaurants in HK.

My husband and I decided to give Ocean Park a miss because Disneyland made us bored. It was fun for the kids though. We were there to bring them to Disneyland in the 1st place. We didn't stay till the fireworks because there was nothing else to see and it was only about 4+pm so we hopped on to the MTR and went shopping at Citygate outlets instead. I enjoyed the cable car ride to Ngong Ping and wished we had more time to explore Lantau Island. The peak was also beautiful and the boys loved the tram ride down.

I find the people there quite gracious. We always got seats on the MTR because some kind souls offered us. My boys are 3 and 4.

I been to hongkong many times for business trip and leisure. Hongkong is really a nice place. The working pace is fast so there are bound to be some pushing etc...

Shopping is really great and despite it is a city like Singapore, I love the view at the peak. really breathtaking! There are also many fun place to visit

For lodging, I think Cityview Kowloon is good. It is opposite Yau Ma Tei MTR surrounded by 7-11 and convenient stores! Superb location