Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syafia Diyana

Classic European & American Mixed Home

Hi!

After being a quiet follower reading all the fantastic blogs for 2 years now, the collection of my new home is around the corner, hence its time for me to share my my blog with my design ideas and hopefully soon, my renovation journey.

Me and hubby have been trying to get a unit since 2008. After 4 years of trying with no hope at all, and at the verge of giving up, we finally manage to get a good ballot number in 2012. And now, after 3 years of waiting, that's in fact a total number of 7 years of waiting in all, we are finally getting our keys in July. 4 months to go. So the final count down is here.

As a tradition (it seems to be in all the blogs ;) ), here is my typical 4 room flat floorplan:

Floorplan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have always love the beauty of those classic European and American homes. Being 1/4 British myself and a former design background, therefore, with having the very 1st home, I want to experiment adding those concepts into a reality.

After years of doing research (in fact the moment me & hubby signed the lease... ;) ), I finally got a firm idea of what I really want to input into my tiny little home.

We opted out the HDB floors and door as we sure didn't like it and it doesn't come cheap either. Therefore we are having to do up the whole house from scratch with a very tight budget of $40,000. (Trust me, we are tight to our widst already with no room to stretch anymore... :( )

Well here are the design inspirations that I will want to make it a reality... :

I'm going for a dark grey floor through out the entire house including overlaying the kitchen floors:

grey-laminate-flooring-grey-laminate-flo

As I do cook often enough and do not like my living room and rooms to smell of food, therefore, we are going to have these beautiful classic french door (single panel of course) at the entrance of the kitchen:

9e7c46ca5ea9c1dc67c6c93e32e26cea.jpg

These beautiful white cabinet are the most that I will be spending on in the house as I have made a firm decision on getting a solid nytoh with white granite:

0cbe49f0f9312b67469c106789a80b46.jpg

Edited by Syafia Diyana

Color on the living and dining and passageway to the rooms will all be standardized to grey on the top with half wall white wainscoting on the bottom. Am also going for a fireplace mantel as a decorative piece and also doubled as a console table as so I could have frames and flowers on it with a huge mirror on top. We will be having white room doors as well for all 3 bedroom.

6bf24ba5708f9ef892f69dff7b18ff53.jpg

f5b96c2619759840352e849c17ec4635.jpg

Edited by Syafia Diyana

For the bathroom doors am going to standardize with the room door therefore am sticking with the classic white door but having them as a sliding door instead to maximize the space in the bathroom.

Room%20Door.jpg

As for the passageway to the bedrooms, since no budget to have the wainscoting there as well, I found this brilliant idea online and will have the wainscoting lookalike to be painted instead with the same color scheme as the rest of the house.

2c4913b11ba23d80eb02c6507ed7c9b6.jpg

Both common rooms will be left untouched except for paints and wall stickers. I have 2 very small kiddos. Daughter age 5 and son age 2 this year. Therefore both kiddos will be sharing the same room right next to the master bedroom and the other common room will be their paradise that is their playroom. (We perhaps have way too much toys for this 2.) Now scratching my head on where to place all the toys including 2 cars, 1 motorbike, plus a playground with slide and swing in 1 tiny room! :dunno:

Honestly, we have been living with my dad for the past 6 years and he have a huge EA plus a huge corridor. Whenever we purchased toys for the kids, we always forgot that we will be moving into a tiny home... :jawdrop:

Edited by Syafia Diyana

Hello! One word- FINALLY!!!!

Finally someone on the same wavelength as me! I absolutely adore your concept. Am trying to adapt it for my new home too. Nowadays, everywhere I turn to, it's scandi/ retro/ industrial- no offense to those having this theme, it is beautiful in its own way but just not my cup of tea.

Anyways, cant wait to the final result of your home. We seem to have almost the same moodboard.

I like those pic u have uploaded in this t blog. Really like your concept. It sounds awesome. Unfortunately my hse has completed reno. Not able to change any at all

HI Takaishi. The fire place is just a framed like in the picture except there is no depth in the wall with actual fire. So instead of exposing the wall, I might just dress it up some black fence to beautify it.. Maybe this is a clearer picture for you to visualize...

10097-cottage-crafts-photo-2-9.jpg

As for furniture in the tiny space, I have purchased 4 pieces of this button back dining chairs with different fabric in white and black side trimming to compliment the existing round solid black table with solid glass top that my dad is giving me...

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Edited by Syafia Diyana

And for the living room, am looking at this gorgeous white corner chesterfield minus the coffee table. Still finding the right price for it.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by Syafia Diyana