Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syafia Diyana

Classic European & American Mixed Home

I like to disturb atas staff. Good to know so I can be mentally prepared.

For sealy we went to expo but purchase at their flagship store because full range. Got freebies thrown in, and discount etc. very pleasing experience.

My friends sister also purchased sealy for their 14mil home which is like **** grand.

Have fun with the Taylor B staffs.. ;)

We've got good discount and good amount of freebies as well. So I think we're good on this one... :)

Woah... That explains why they can afford the super high range mattress with that kind of house... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Let us know of your first experience there benetay! For the value and quality, it's worth ignoring the staffs until point of purchase.

Syafia, it was the same experience i had. especially on the first floor. that chinese lady, wouldnt even give us a 2nd look. such a great plc.. would have been the BEST if the staffs were the least bit helpful.

Well, I have made some purchases for the house. I would love to purchase form taobao but because I barely understand as it was all in Chinese and they can't ship direct to Singapore, I took another alternative and made purchases from Aliexpress instead. My favourite China website. :sport-smiley-018:

Been looking at the bathroom accessories at Sim Siang Choon and Hoe Kee. I must say that Sim Siang Choon prices are ridiculously expensive. The only reasonable price item there was this tub that we are going to purchase soon.

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

I am also purchasing these from Hoe Kee for both bathroom

FullSizeRender%202_1.jpg

As for the Aliexpress purchases, I have so far purchase these 3 items, super cheap... Less than half the price in SG plus free shipping... :jammin:

Bathroom sink faucet:

1c2bb460-0797-41e5-a216-ecb3a5f1f08e.jpg

Kitchen sink faucet:

contemporary-kitchen-faucets.jpg

And bathroom shower head set:

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Have also purchased another shower head from expo but think we did a mistake as it was over priced. But again, there are always mistakes no matter how perfect we want it to be. So now can't do much and suck it up and move on... :wacko:

Me and hubby will be heading to JB soon to look for and purchase fans. Since we need 5 ceiling fans, 2 for living and dining (no chandelier kinda home, I just need to be practical as I don't wish to eat in sweat... :no: ) and 3 for all the bedrooms. Been checking the prices here, they are ridiculously expensive. So since prices ib JB are the same but in RM, therfore, we will proceed and make our purchases there. So for fans, am looking at a simple white fan. 2 with lights (for both common rooms) and 3 without (for the rest).

IMG_3266.png

IMG_3267.png

WOW COOL!!

We're doing a modern victorian theme as well as we fell in love with Versailles during our honeymoon! :rolleyes: Really can't wait for your new home. We've just started planning just in fact today. Maybe it would be great if you can share what's ur ID and the quotation given. :)

WOW COOL!!

We're doing a modern victorian theme as well as we fell in love with Versailles during our honeymoon! :rolleyes: Really can't wait for your new home. We've just started planning just in fact today. Maybe it would be great if you can share what's ur ID and the quotation given. :)

Hi! I'd sent you a PM. Will be updating my 3D soon. So you could have a clearer picture of the whole place. :)

Try not to look overly victorian or be obsesses with it. If mishandled, it may skew off your 'theme' to look like a contemporary malay home (which can be very tasteful if done properly).

• Like 1

Hi Diyana, Would you like to share your ID's contact/quotation as I want to do the victorian style for my new hourse too. TIA

Hi Diyana, Would you like to share your ID's contact/quotation as I want to do the victorian style for my new hourse too. TIA

Hi. Firstly, don't get my design wrong as it is not Victorian. I'm going for the simple classic European but modern with a touch of classic american design. I don't go too detail in theme but maintain the classic beauty. I have yet to start on my renovation so I shall wait till my reno kick start before I would share the full ID details just in case. But so far, service have been very prompt. Will definitely PM you the details once I have kick start with my reno. It will be soon. So stay tune. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by Syafia Diyana

It has been a while since I last update. Finally got my 3Ds after the 1st wrong draft from my ID. He went away from my specific classic design to more Victorian. So I had to have him remove and replace all that was needed. So was excited to see the 3Ds once again after the amendment, however, was left a little disappointed as he got quite a few factors wrong. Major wrong was my flooring for the whole house. It was supposed to be dark grey HERF. And quite a few errors here and there. So here are the inaccurate 3Ds for my place:

Living room, firstly, please ignore the furniture as that was't what it was supposed to be (guessed they used whatever they have), wrong floor type and colour with wrong wall colour at my dining (not sure why suddenly 1 side upper wall became white when it was supposed to be grey) and wrong wall colour at the living behind the sofa (it was supposed to be bottom half white)

perspectiev%20view%20of%20living%20area_

Here is my kitchen with obviously wrong floor material and colour with the wrong colour back splash and wrong material and colour for the granite counter top.

perspective%20view%20of%20kitchen%20cabi

Lastly here is my master bedroom. Almost perfect but just missed by the wrong colour floor and colour headboard as it was supposed to be creamish instead of pure white as I want the contrast with the white frame

perspective%20view%20of%20master%20bedro

Hope to get the accurate 3Ds soon. Being a perfectionist, I want everything to be just right and perfect. So now I have to just wait for the right one. Hopefully it's soon. :unsure:

Edited by Syafia Diyana

We also got the sealy bed. Very good. This is our 2nd sealy bed. We took the average range. The top range ones are way too expensive. 20k.

I know right! titanium is very ex. I suspect they drastically cut down the titanium content in cheaper mattresses, probably to less than 0.01%. One day, maybe I can afford a top end mattress. hahaha.

Hihi...Nice concept! I adore such themes too & I'm doing a country style theme along this line.

I can understand the frustration that ur ID has gotten the details wrong. I dislike that too and worry that many IDs are unable to achieve what I really want. Hence, I decided to be my own ID as I alrdy know what design & layout I want. U can try searching thru the Houzz & Pin interest to gain more ideas.

Many designs to give u inspiration.

I hope ur renovation with this ID turn out successful. Maybe gotta be more explicit with ur ID and show him what u want exactly. Shall never assume they got ur idea becoz often, they dont. I have such experience with my contractor & hence can understand ur frustration.

Have fun in ur reno journey! Self designed homes are the best! :)

Hi. Apparently the details were given very specific on the exact layout and exact design as I design every bit myself. I also provided the exact pictures for every single item that needs to be done. Perhaps the designer tried to be creative and wanted to go the extra mile but went completely wrong. Nevertheless, I supposed they are dealing with too many project hence they got mixed up. Since I still have about 2 months before key collection, I am not going to push them too hard. As long as they next draft is the accurate ones, I'm happy enough. & hopefully the workmanship is as great as well. Now im just waiting for the new draft to come in and keep my self busy with purchasing more and more things for the house. Thanks for the luck. I need them badly. :sport-smiley-018:

Ok, finally got the updated 3Ds from my ID. All is good except the toilet tiles as I have yet to make my selections. Will be heading to Hafary this weekend with my ID to select the tiles. Excited much. :sport-smiley-018:

The Final 3D of the Living room:

perspective%20view%20of%20living%20area_

Final 3D of my Kitchen. Except, still weighing to change the pinkish granite top to a marble look white quartz as still calculating if I do have the budget to top up from granite to quartz. Tho the white marble like quartz are way nicer:

Final 3D of the Masterbedroom:

IMG_3454.jpg

3Ds of both bathroom. Will confirm the tiles this weekend. But this is the layout and vanity have been confirmed for:

perspective%20view%20of%20master%20bathr

perspective%20view%20of%20common%20bathr

Edited by Syafia Diyana