Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syafia Diyana

Classic European & American Mixed Home

Hi, can you share where you bought your marble look tiles from and how much is it?

Hi. Got the marble look tiles from Hafary. I believe it's about $2.40psf. Hope that helps.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Many thanks. I was searching for something similar and went to so many shops. None came close to this price & look.

Do u mind sharing the tile code so I can get a sample from hafary?

Tq

OK, before i continue with the design ideas, I'd share a little bit on the insane ID / Contractor search.

Sounds crazy but this is my 1st home so I want everything to be perfect plus I want to make sure that I can find the right person to be able to understand my concept and able to do up the designs that I have laid for them and most importantly, with the most reasonable price and the best chemistry between me, hubby and the ID / Contractor.

We started hunting for a contractor since last year July - August. A year before the expected keys collection. We have seen countless (I really lost track of the number as it was too many) no of Id / Contractor with my floor plan and an idea board with me every time I meet them. It was quite simple explanation as I laid all the pictures of my ideas in order and exactly how and where it should be placed. Weirdly, most of them do not understand what I am saying. Lol. As though I was speaking an alien language.

Fast forward, very few end up getting back to us but all the quotations were more than $60k. The rest went dead silent perhaps they don't need my $?? Only 1 of the ID that came back to us very promptly and the vibe was good from him right from the 1st meeting last September. He seems to understand everything that I said which is great and totally non pushy and don't mind the idea that we will only get the keys in July. The chemistry was good and we were very comfortable with him and we decided to have a second meeting with him just before CNY. After going through the details and again with more bargain, pens down, we signed the contract with him having all that we need within our budget. We will be meeting up with him again for our 1st deposit and further discussion next weekend and hope to be able to see some 3D by then.

Wow, you went to countless and only 1 came back with quotation. not to mention your budget is $40K (which I feel is actually reasonable).

I am at the stage of sourcing for my Mr/Ms Right person for my house. Therefore I am curious is it the fact that those IDs that you went to are from those big reputation companies ? thus their quotations are over $50K ? or because you required alot of stuffs to be done in the reno ?

Do elaborate about it, looking forward to your completed home, :good:

Edited by Zio

Many thanks. I was searching for something similar and went to so many shops. None came close to this price & look.

Do u mind sharing the tile code so I can get a sample from hafary?

Tq

Hi. The code is MARMO11. Good luck with your renovations. :)

Wow, you went to countless and only 1 came back with quotation. not to mention your budget is $40K (which I feel is actually reasonable).

I am at the stage of sourcing for my Mr/Ms Right person for my house. Therefore I am curious is it the fact that those IDs that you went to are from those big reputation companies ? thus their quotations are over $50K ? or because you required alot of stuffs to be done in the reno ?

Do elaborate about it, looking forward to your completed home, :good:

Hi. Well, I went to from the big to the small and from IDs to normal contractors but somehow perhaps what I wanted is not common therefore the couldn't deliver and even if they do, they are charging ridiculously high. Just because its not a common concept. Either they want to give me a alternative of Scandinavian or Victorian. Which neither or that I wanted. I was very specific on my design and very specific on what goes where with exact material and exact measurements and dimensions. I went to all with a large printed floor plan and mood board. But just do not know why they are not keen to provide me their service. So I scarp all and stick with my ID as he don't push me and allow me to self design my place and him just providing services. Good luck with your search. I wish you all the best in your journey. Am collecting my keys next week. So stay tune for the renovations updates. :)

Hi,I'm looking forward to see your reno journey. I must say that yours is one of a kind design n concept. I also happy that you have found your dream id that is willing to do ur project with a budget of 40k after seeing your 3d drawings, with nyatoh wood for kitchen cupboards, iquartz counter top, overlaying of kitchen and both bathrooms plus laying of Herf flooring for the whole house. i really looking forward to this post. Parking here.

Hi,I'm looking forward to see your reno journey. I must say that yours is one of a kind design n concept. I also happy that you have found your dream id that is willing to do ur project with a budget of 40k after seeing your 3d drawings, with nyatoh wood for kitchen cupboards, iquartz counter top, overlaying of kitchen and both bathrooms plus laying of Herf flooring for the whole house. i really looking forward to this post. Parking here.

HI. Thank you. :) Getting keys next week so stay tune for reno updates. :sport-smiley-018:

Collecting your keys next week?!? :sport-smiley-004:

Can't wait to see how your nest will transform.

Mine still building floors, I dunno when will be my turn :(

Collecting your keys next week?!? :sport-smiley-004:

Can't wait to see how your nest will transform.

Mine still building floors, I dunno when will be my turn :(

Thanks kyooko... I'm excited to the moon... :sport-smiley-018:

Stay tune...

Don't worry, your's will be soon. The day will finally come by... :D

We have finally collected the keys.... :dribble: Our wait is finally over... Hence, I shall share the pictures of the house.... :D

Living room from entrance

a24df504-81e1-4cd1-a377-bc1655bb6b9a.jpg

Kitchen from Living room

IMG_4494.jpg

Kitchen from Service Yard

IMG_4507.jpg

Service yard

ff42cbf4-fec5-4d11-8b59-bbcf6236ddf4.jpg

Dining area

e3e37f38-f07e-4a07-ae2b-f8a1cc74722d.jpg

So made some changes here and there with my ID. On the layout of the internal of my kitchen cabinets as space is very limited. Need to be smart with my choices. Hence did my final discussion with my ID. And made the final selection of materials for my shoe cabinet, tv console in living and Master bedroom wardrobe. Finally selected this laminate to blend in with the finish spray painted wainscoting.

IMG_4580.jpg

As for the kitchen cabinet counter top. Made some changes. As the iQuartz have decided to discontinued the initial marble like quartz that I had choose, therefore, my ID had given me another option for a similar yet much more nicer and of course more expensive Quartz. For a perfectionist in design, I will not just compromise for a cheaper alternative and cry later with regrets. I'd rather endure a little more pain for now and enjoy the beautiful kitchen for a very long time... So made the switch to Colour Quartz

IMG_4611.png

• Like 1

My master bedroom built in headboard cushion have already been finalized and I went with the creamish colour that I wanted to blend in with the white wooden frame

IMG_4581.jpg

As for the master bathroom vanity, here is the final choice of laminate. The picture doesn't seem to justify the actual colour as the actual colour is much lighter and much more refined.

IMG_4579.jpg

For the vanity solid surface, I went for these gorgeous one. You can see the gradient in the surface. And of course it is the high range solid surface yet my ID is still giving me the same price... :notti:

IMG_4578.jpg

Edited by Syafia Diyana

Now getting HDB to do up the cement screeding and some defects fixing which I hope it will be done in 3 weeks or so. After which the renovation will officially kick off.. So stay tuned... :sport-smiley-018: