Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syafia Diyana

Classic European & American Mixed Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello, Syafia!

Can you PM me your contractor details and do you know where can I get cottage/country furniture (beds,wardrobe).
I am doing cottage/country theme too :)

As I have mentioned in my previous post that I have yet to move in, hence, am taking my own time to dress up the place. I am slowly buying things to make it home. More things I have purchase. Besides stuffing my kitchen with necessary kitchen aids, I finally got my curtains that I have ordered from Aliexpress. I love how the mint blue colour enhance the room. Didn't want to go with plain neutral colour as it will make the neutral room look dead. Therefore I choose to go for the geometric designs on the curtain to give that contrast vibe. I also a bit worried on the quality of the curtains especially had major hick ups on the delivery. But guess it was still all worth it as it was tailored to perfection. I am glad this trial purchase turns out well. So after this, will have no worries and can proceed and order curtains for the rest of the house as for now, my master bedroom and kid's bedroom is just using a thin temp Ikea curtain. :P Save time on finding vendor and save me $$. Plus it ships for free to my door step. Nothing to worry about. Here is the curtain for my living room:

2c5c8f3c-670f-48b6-9819-e3cae2d1d85f.jpg

Edited by Syafia Diyana

I also got these teal and mustard colour pillow for the sofa. Likewise with the curtains, I need some colours to play around with to make the room pop. Please ignore the mess around... I forgot to take a picture of the sofa decently... (Please also ignore my lil boy, tried my best to cover him up... Lol...) :bleah:

a2f1a320-6a5d-46a9-aed4-17c5f6ebf08f.png

Got my customized carpet for my dining area. Also another good buy from Aliexpress. Great quality carpet. It feels good on my feet... Please ignore the temporary Ikea chairs as my dining chairs will only arrive on Boxing Day... Counting down to that and counting down to have my mattress and bed on Christmas eve... Getting the important stuffs as my count down begin to New Year before I officially move in... Super excited... :sport-smiley-018:

IMG_7251.png

Edited by Syafia Diyana

Lastly, I finally got the right sized mirror at an affordable price from Ikea for my fire place. Size fits well and it doesn't look too over the top. Simple yet elegant. Will get another one of this for my incomplete mater bedroom vanity.

FullSizeRender%202_5.jpg

This is night view with my wall sconce on...

e8490710-7257-4b73-8d8b-19bb436211d3.jpg

Now need to find time to go to JB to buy flowers and pretty candle holders for my fire place mantel. Also flowers for the dining table and living room coffee table. Need to squeeze time to get these. Cant't wait to have the finish look for this.

Hello, Syafia!

Can you PM me your contractor details and do you know where can I get cottage/country furniture (beds,wardrobe).

I am doing cottage/country theme too :)

Hi,

Sorry to disappoint you but unfortunately my home is not country nor cottage. It's more of classic European / American home. I keep the classic look but tie up with modern look. Therefore I do not have any contacts for the furniture wise. However, I have PM you on the contractor details. Good luck with your upcoming journey. :thumbs up:

Yeah!! I wanted to get that mirror too but my house is filled up :D

Love seeing updates! And I think I have the same carpet from TB :)

It's pretty but simple isn't it... Im loving the outlook of your house. It's coming together very well. Your dining chairs are similar to mine. Lol. & the bedside table and night lamp is similar to the one that I'm getting. Wise mind thinks alike. Lol.

The carpet, I am sure yours is cheaper coz Aliexpress cost more than TB. But not so much plus shipping is always free. :notti: Just unfortunate I just don't understand Chinese. If not, I sure will buy stuffs from TB as well. Looking forward to your finish line too. Happy decorating... :thumbs up:

Indeed a beautiful home coming together and so nice to see something different besides scandinavian design. Quietly reading and waiting for the rest of the getup.

Your marbled bathroom looks gorgeous and so does the mantle in your hall and best of all that dark wood flooring is fantastico!

Hi Syafia,
Your home is beautiful! What a homey, cozy place for the children to grow up :) I am also wanting to stray from the industrial/scandinavian styles that are so popular. Would you mind sharing your ID details please? Thanks.
Edited by Luxexplorer

Indeed a beautiful home coming together and so nice to see something different besides scandinavian design. Quietly reading and waiting for the rest of the getup.

Your marbled bathroom looks gorgeous and so does the mantle in your hall and best of all that dark wood flooring is fantastico!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly appreciate it... Hopefully soon it will all come together.. :sport-smiley-018:

Hello,

I have been following your updates and truly impressed with your style. A break out from the norm!

Your ID has done a good job with your carpentry work and like me you too prefer shaker style cabinetry.

Would you mind sharing your reno quotation and the details of your ID? Pls pm me. ( Im very much impressed with the quality of your carpentry)

Hello,

I have been following your updates and truly impressed with your style. A break out from the norm!

Your ID has done a good job with your carpentry work and like me you too prefer shaker style cabinetry.

Would you mind sharing your reno quotation and the details of your ID? Pls pm me. ( Im very much impressed with the quality of your carpentry)

HI,

My apologies for the late reply as I have been busy and didn't get the chance to log in to RT. Nevertheless, thank you for the very nice compliment. I appreciate it.

I will drop you a PM on the ID details... Do check... :)

Lastly, I finally got the right sized mirror at an affordable price from Ikea for my fire place. Size fits well and it doesn't look too over the top. Simple yet elegant. Will get another one of this for my incomplete mater bedroom vanity.

FullSizeRender%202_5.jpg

This is night view with my wall sconce on...

e8490710-7257-4b73-8d8b-19bb436211d3.jpg

Now need to find time to go to JB to buy flowers and pretty candle holders for my fire place mantel. Also flowers for the dining table and living room coffee table. Need to squeeze time to get these. Cant't wait to have the finish look for this.

I got the same mirror from Ikea too! very pretty and totally suits your home decor =D

I got the same mirror from Ikea too! very pretty and totally suits your home decor =D

Thank you HuxyHuxy. Indeed very pretty. Will be getting another one for my master bedroom dresser vanity too. ;)