Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wirelessed

Our 3 Room Flat With Terrazzo Floor

Hello all

I'm new to this forum. Just bought a 3-room flat in Mountbatten area and it has a terrazzo floor. To keep or not to keep?

I know that some people will go crazy at this floor because it is very vintage-themed, however, my future wife and I are going towards an industrial-theme (with all the black exposed pipes and stuff) and this just does not match.

If replace, cost $2+k to lay over vinyl for 2 bedrooms.

What would you do?

111hvzm.jpg

does not match with:

f07f1db9f03abd96735a2ae339522bd7.jpg

(reference picture)

Edited by wirelessed

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Another space problem that we have is we have a odd L-shaped kitchen that is blocked by a strangely located toilet. See floor plan below. We are thinking of the idea of a small kitchen island (#2 or #3 or #4) because we like the idea of baking in the middle of the kitchen. The island will be approx 2 ft by 5 ft (0.6m x 1.5m). But one of the contractors told us a traditional counter on the side is better (#1). Which would you choose?

rihezm.jpg

Hi,it will be good to replace the floor since both of u and ur wife feel that it it not match with your ideal theme. If u dont replace it now, you will still replace it over times, sooner or later.

for the kitchen, just follow what u like. if not, later in times, you will feel regret why not having something that i like.

My contractor try his best to follow all my request for my new house, he also have his own designer to draw out for me to have a better view. :good:

i think the Terrazo have great character, i think you may try Vintage-Industrial look. Which you would be able to pull it off.