Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I need help on utilities bill issues...

I just opened a new acct in mid sep... my bill cycle is on 26th... In sep's bill, my bill was only $106 ($100 deposit) with 3kWh electricity, those refuse, sanitary appliance, etc included...

For the whole month of Oct till now, i din even step into my new house... but the electricity reading was 402kWh!:sport-smiley-004: cost me $85.30!:bangwall: I called up SP, they explained on the estimated reading based on last month usage x nos of days & submission on every even month... i still hv to pay & no offset...

Can i ask for any waiver? cos i'm paying for something that i did not use at all...

Can....write an email to them or call them personally and ask their staff to come down to check the meters...

Tat was wat I do when I just shifted in. I got a shock when the bills comes up to be $300 plus and they told me cos the previous owner always use tis amount of electricity/...as they only comes down every alternate mth to check the meter, so they happen to charge me tat amt. Bt I need to pay first and they will deduct accordingly and waive off on the next bill.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Can....write an email to them or call them personally and ask their staff to come down to check the meters...

Tat was wat I do when I just shifted in. I got a shock when the bills comes up to be $300 plus and they told me cos the previous owner always use tis amount of electricity/...as they only comes down every alternate mth to check the meter, so they happen to charge me tat amt. Bt I need to pay first and they will deduct accordingly and waive off on the next bill.

Thanks, karen!

Did they waive off the full amt?

Thanks, karen!

Did they waive off the full amt?

My bill actually comes out to be $70 only for tat mth...then I pay $300 plus cos they said this is the requirement and subsequent mths they will just deduct accordingly...U just pay watever amt u use...

i submit my reading online last month... and pay what u use loh.

at the meantime jus pay the 300 bah... let it deducts. Jus treat it u pay upfront first....

i live in 5 rm executive.

so far my bill is $50 plus.

think pretty low seeing the bills of the forumers here, i was surprised too.

cook abt 3 to 4 times a week.

wash clothes abt 2 times a week, follow by Dryer, cos i dun dare to hang my clothes out.

aircon on every night but shut off after a few hours or when room gets cold.

I use water alot cos i mop my floor every day as i had a dog, cant stand my floor dirty.

Vacuum abt every alternate days.

Dunno whether is it becos the electrical appliances i bought mostly are energy saving.

Like my fridge that i bought thou is big but it got 4 ticks on energy consumption.

Think aircon also.

wash clothes abt 2 times a week, follow by Dryer, cos i dun dare to hang my clothes out.

I use water alot cos i mop my floor every day as i had a dog, cant stand my floor dirty.

Dunno whether is it becos the electrical appliances i bought mostly are energy saving.

Like my fridge that i bought thou is big but it got 4 ticks on energy consumption.

Think aircon also.

total bill or just the electricity part nia? :wub:

Total

electricity for this mth is abt $27

water $12

gas $4.50

then add miscellaneous etc abt $53 in total for this mth

Tat is incredible leh...My 5-room every mth is abt $80 to $95..... :wub:

And somemore I oni on the air con a few times per mth...

Edited by karen77sg

My bill actually comes out to be $70 only for tat mth...then I pay $300 plus cos they said this is the requirement and subsequent mths they will just deduct accordingly...U just pay watever amt u use...

How do they know ur actual reading for that month? I did not use for the whole mth, even my water also $0 .

Think aircon also.

wa.. cant be!! I live in 5rm exec too.. my utilities bill is $120-$150!! air con on for few hours as I will sleep early with fan den hubby sleep ard midnight with the a/c..

we r still trying to aim for below $100 for the bill!!

How do they know ur actual reading for that month? I did not use for the whole mth, even my water also $0 .

I oso not very sure la...anyway they say $70, its reasonable for me la as we did major reno tat mth and water and electricity are required ma....so I never make a big hoo-ha....

dunno lei. It started off abt 20 plus a month when we haven move in yet.

Then now it has been 50 plus since. Hopefully will stay as it is. :dancingqueen:

Very envy lei....I never even hv tis kinda bill when I stayed in 3 rooms flats....- always $60 plus to $70....

me live in EA ... 2 person

my bill is around 100 bucks each mth ..

pc on almost everynite from 8 plus till morning (a habit of mine)

tv will be on to watch show for few hrs during wkday.. wkend will be longer

aircon will be on from 10 plus till 630am

cooking wise... wkend sure cook... wkday only tue and wed.. sometimes use slow cooker for

vacuum once or twice a week

mopping... once or twice a week

other than that will use magic mop...

wash 2~3 rounds of clothes...

electric heater only...

but i dun hv electric flask...

dunno lei. It started off abt 20 plus a month when we haven move in yet.

Then now it has been 50 plus since. Hopefully will stay as it is. :bangwall:

would love to see your bill.