Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yamato

Regret Buying Crestar Fan

I will never buy crestar fan anymore. Even given fir free. ..I will not want. Bought 6 fans-Aircraft model. After installed already got problem. All the 6 fans have VERY SLOW problem. They only came to repair and no replacement. 1 month later still same problem even use their original crestar remote control cost me $480. I got to live with it for now. ...never again will I consider to buy crestar brands forever. Better buy KDK or Mistsubishi brands. ...don't trust the electrical shop man recommendation. Get them to cone over for repair is also super extensive. ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yamato, can show us some pictures of the fan? Crestar seems to be well recommended in this forum as well.

Think KDK is still the better brands.

I got my 5-blade crestar fan 9 years ago and it has worked well so far. There are 3 speeds and the 3rd or fastest speed is really very fast. Perhaps it's the model?

Edited by rain

The model is Aircraft. ...said to be their best model grade. ..it is just full of crabs. The day of installation already face the slow speed problems on all the six fans. They refused to change new fans and just repaired. 6 months later still the same. The told me to buy their original remote con in order to get full 3 speeds. ..again it full of crabs. Cost me $480 for 6 remote con and still sane problem. Now 1 year after still same problem. ...I got to lived with it for the next 5 years before I finally give up lor. Those who bought other model not face same problem ...you guys are lucky.

The model is Aircraft. ...said to be their best model grade. ..it is just full of crabs. The day of installation already face the slow speed problems on all the six fans. They refused to change new fans and just repaired. 6 months later still the same. The told me to buy their original remote con in order to get full 3 speeds. ..again it full of crabs. Cost me $480 for 6 remote con and still same problem. Now 1 year after still same problem. ...I got to lived with it for the next 5 years before I finally give up lor. Those who bought other model not face same problem ...you guys are lucky.

Yamato repky: the model is Aircraft crestar. Can see model from goggle image. But don't listen to shop nan recommendation. ...read from reviews. Only you buy nd use it then you know the answer whether good or bad lor.

KDK or Mitsubishi or Elkmark UK. Are still the best and reabke brands. .....many other brands made in China. ..and the seller of the fans is only waiting your calls to charge you c their service charge. Material charge and transport charge. ...taking us buyer like a sucker.

I agree with this post. Had so much troubles using Crestar. 

I thought they are established and had good reviews but Crestar ceiling fans cause a lot of issues and is expensive.

Should have seen this post earlier. I purchased Crestar fan as the brand is highly recommended by Chan Huat. Activated 4 servicing within 2 months, a total waste of time and money. 

On 8/2/2017 at 4:29 PM, infinity2015 said:

mayi know if anyone uses haiku L series (about 780 plus LED kit) ?how's it compared to like KDK dc fan (cheapest 140cm 338 w/o LED) ?

Haiku is very much a designer looking fan. Try it out yourself at the haiku showroom to get a feel of it.
i bought it because of it's reputable brand and of cos.. looks. :wacko:
The Black L series i bought comes with LED kit and it blends in totally well when it's not in use (you can't even tell there's a light)

Personally, DC fan doesn't offer as much wind as AC fan.
In terms of energy saving.. it's really not much of a difference. 

• Like 1

Bought 3 Crestar fans and 1 broke down. Called crestar support, and they came to check the fan, and insist that we buy a new fan. Now, they hv taken away the fan and extorting us to replace a new one. Said it's cheaper to buy new than to repair. FYI- the fan is still under warranty but they said the motor and model is no longer around. Keep insisting that we hv to buy new, and repair costs will come up to $210. So based on their professional advice, better to buy new. If I want to buy new, why should I buy Crestar again? which will breakdown after a few years and irreparable? We will never BUY crestar again!

I have purchased about 8 Crestar fans, one conclusion, High failure rate....motor warranty 10 years is gimmick. The moment the technician comes, spare parts plus labor...is good as buying another new one....So I disposed and upgraded to better Crestar model...and high failure rate again...can anyone tell me ? What  average life span of a ceiling fan ?