Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi There,

You have designed a very beautiful house. Do you mind sharing your contractor's info? roughly with the hacking and all how much was the cost? TIA :)

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

Towards the beginning of the end ~ We are finishing with furnishings!

After a 2-week hiatus, I'm back to update on the last few phases of renovating our Maison :dancingqueen:

*First up! Our doors!*
Our Master Bedroom Door
Remember our Laura Ashley inspired Duck Egg coloured wall and ceiling at our third bedroom (in post 52)? Now! This inspiration has also gone to our Master Bedroom door! :wub:
A quaint & lovely sight awaits at the end of our passageway......
20150504_173020_zpszoqqjjqy.jpg
Really love love LOVE this classic design which we have chosen for our MBR door as it is so uncommon and fits our theme & the colour PERfectLY! I'm really soooo in LOVE with the colour! :wub: :wub:
When I first started researching on the interior design for our house, I remember coming across this salient point - to showcase consistency and/or a common palette in your concepts or design throughout your house. With that, we came up with this common palette using Laura Ashley's Duck Egg colour to bring a twist to our French country-home! *Ta-Daaaa!* Our highlights of the house! Pretty isn't it? :lol:
PhotoGrid_1430742459714_zpsjmxymqma.jpg

Our 2nd door :sport-smiley-018:
Maybe this door is not as impressive like the first ;) We have gotten a clear-glass PD door for our third bedroom (i.e. Hubby's Toys and my Gym room!) I like the idea that we can see through this room yet not half of the room or entire room on the inside.
20150504_182551_zpswmonus9t.jpg
(Sorry, the protective stickers/film are still on the door's borders! Hehe!)
20150504_182706_zpsrhymu4cl.jpg
Sidetrack - Notice our air conditioner above our PD door? Yeah we got our air con units installed during the last 2 weeks too! :jammin:
Panasonic ECONAVI Inverter Air Conditioner with Nanoe G technology - some very chim technology that produces fresh, healthy and (I-do-not-have-any-idea-)nanoe particles which circulates the room as we enjoy the cool temperature. It's the Hubby who chose it...should be a good choice! LOL.
Edited by CountryGlow

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

Towards the beginning of the end ~ We are finishing with furnishings! (Cont')

The two other important doors ~ Now with a touch of warmth & country cottage charm
(Our headache from post 58) *dancing queens* :dancingqueen: We managed to soften our "cold & modern feel" bathrooms by adding lace curtains at the entrance + throw in some warm T5 lightings! Though not super country-feel, we are satisfied with the effect which was achieved easily with simple furnishings & lightings! Yeah! Will be decorating with pops of flowers & paintings to both bathrooms and hopefully, the effect will score more thumbs up!
20150504_175758_zpsgsel3gxw.jpg
20150504_180243_zpssvy79ijg.jpg
20150504_180159_zpsvutqbxhx.jpg
20150504_180402_zpsuzfhmr7l.jpg

Pass-able for a country bathroom? :bath:

Edited by CountryGlow

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

*TA-DA!* Guess what is this?

20150418_100257_zpsfvyt7ktc.jpg

This is no ordinary birdcage...for this is our "Angbao box" which my decor team had made specially for our wedding at the reception table! Since it is so very precious to us, we decided to modify it to something more useful yet meaningful to our new Maison! :thumbs up::wub:
20150504_172325_zpswycli7wf.jpg
20150504_172506_zpsxmtbrwbo.jpg
Love the way this unique "cage lamp" hangs after the entrance of our master bedroom, inviting second looks from anyone standing at the living hall and passageway :wub: :wub:

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

*Next Up! Our Cabinet Doors Got Company!*

The door knobs and handles for our cabinet doors are finally installed! Specially sourced and purchased from Taobao, transported across the South China Sea and finally to our home! These ceramic and porcelain door knobs and handles are so hard to come by in Singapore...thankfully, we managed to get what we wanted! :yeah:

Made of ceramic, presenting our Rose-design door knobs and Dropped-Drawer Pull handles for our Wardrobe in our WIW.

20150505_162615_zpsrt4beczl.jpg

Close-up shot of our rose-design knob and dropped-drawer pull handle. They are heavy and of good quality :good:

20150505_162501_zpshkxtnyx6.jpg

Made of porcelain, our Vintage Pumpkin door knobs for our Kitchen Cabinets are here to stay!

20150505_121308_zpspfnaxsic.jpg

And now, there are lots and lots of little pumpkins in our blue kitchen :P

20150505_170236_zpswh7lbxk4.jpg

20150505_170642_zpsfbyfrhts.jpg

One of my few favourite corners in our house now... Simply old-fashioned and homely! :D

20150505_170413_zpszbzrxoeo.jpg

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

- Commercial break beings -

*It's the Pumpkin door knobs and our Blue kitchen*

Part I

Love our pumpkin-design door knobs? We have SIX (6) spare GREEN "pumpkins" which were shipped over in the wrong colour, meant for our shoes cabinet doors in the hall :bangwall::( They are unique but we don't fancy this colour fitting our theme. Anyone interested to take over can PM me for details. :disturb:

Pumpkin%20knobs_zpsqm6esllj.png

- Commercial break ending in 1 minute -

Part II

Another bad purchase which can't fit our blue kitchen due to the stainless steel finish and mis-calculated measurements above our cooking area.

A multi-purpose condiments & utensils holder which you won't want to miss for your kitchen! Regretful that we can't keep it as it allows us to store our cooking & kitchen necessities ALL IN ONE holder. :huh: Do PM me if you are interested in this piece! :thumbs up:

Kitchen%20rack_zpspvpsegp3.png

- End of Commercial Break -

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING :rolleyes::lol::D:P:dribble::good:

Edited by CountryGlow

ReNoVaTiOn UpDaTeS

*Our Pretty Pretty Walls*

For our Master Bedroom with a sweet pale-pink ceiling

Highlights: Victorian back-drop for our bed ~ classy, prissy and nostalgically attractive...

20150505_151015_zps9pmdxb7x.jpg

Close-up shot of the shimmering pearlescent highlights and intricate prints :wub:

20150505_151300_zpszgjj5xbv.jpg

For our Walkin' Wardrobe with an indigo-coloured ceiling

Highlights: With our wardrobe on the other side of the wall, my personal space exudes a Laura Ashley feat, one that is simple yet hard to achieve :lol:

20150505_161850_zpscfxffkk7.jpg

Oh yes! And my dresser is here to compliment our enchanting floral prints :wub: :lol:

20150505_175603_zpsnvb7ux9t.jpg

Caught a shot of Mr Wallpaper-Installer who had put in good efforts to lay our beautiful wallpaper for both rooms. :thumbs up:

20150505_115053_zpsz9i6u5tj.jpg

And lastly, add-ons to prettify our walls' switches...

PhotoGrid_1430839349871_zpsvkyzoec5.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

@countryglow Wow omg, so nice!! What material is the wallpaper? Vinyl or is it wall covering? Mind sharing who the wallpaper provider and installer?
Waiting for your reply at the message inbox too :good:

hi there! your house looks great! loving the kitchen. will you be sharing the insides of your wardrobe too? (dont remember seeing it)

can you also share your contractor's contact with me?

much appreciated!

thanks!

Hi clownprince's wife!

Sorry for the late reply! Yes I saw ur post on the refridgerator! I'm hesitating becoz adding washi tapes to decorate the fridge may be 'overkill' to my current kitchen design. Unless I tape the entire fridge white, which is tedious...haha! I will get the fridge delivered first before deciding :) Thanks for the advice anyway!

hello CountryGlow!! :P

did you see my post #196 for your fridge? haha. anw, any more pics of your house? looking forward! :P

-clownprince's wife

Thank you, chiffon! The birdcage lamp concept is pretty common as I seen at a few houses before. I guess what's meaningful is when you are able to reuse something that is precious to you and turn it to something practical for the everyday use!

I really like your romantic birdcage lamp & the cosy corner in your kitchen. Awesome!!