Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Freb, Yika and joejoeteng! Thanks much for the compliments! :)

BTW joejoeteng - Here's the link to our laundry sink

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=41230192396

Ours is 60cm in size and we paid about $155 before shipping charges. Do note that the ceramic sink is meant for mixer taps. A purchase we bought with no regrets!

beautiful house!

Very nice. Refreshing to all the scandi and indust themes going on.

Hi CountryGlow, nice country style you have! very impressed on the details that you are working on! Thumb up!

By the way, can i know how much is your Quality of ceramic sink and stainless steel cabinet? Would you mind to give me the link? Thank you.

Hi devilcup, kyooko, malky! Apologises for the delay. Have PM-ed you my contractor's details! :)

Hi CountryGlow,

your hse is really nicely done up! Would you mind to share your Contractor contact and details? thank you.

Hi CountryGlow,

You house looks very pretty! I like you blue country-style kitchen cabinets! :)

Can I have your contractor's contact, please?

Hi,
Nice stylo house :)
Care to share your contractor contacts?
Thanks in advance

Hi abbytan,

Our wallpaper is purchased and installed by Korean Wallpaper (aka Korean WP). U can check out their website - https://www.koreanwp.com/

I think they provide wallpaper installation services on its own. Installer did a great job for our walls! Our wallpaper settles in nicely after 1 week. :)

Beautiful wallpaper!! :good: Do you have the contact of the person who did your wallpaper? Thank you in advance.

Abby

Hi CountryGlow able to share contractor J contact with me.. I'm falling in love with the colours you have chosen for your lovely home. Very inspiring ;)

Thanks Shazy! Have PM-ed you the details!

Hi CountryGlow able to share contractor J contact with me.. I'm falling in love with the colours you have chosen for your lovely home. Very inspiring ;)

UpDaTeS on OuR Maison

THE beginning of OUR beginning ~ We are back after hibernation :jammin: with 3 black stuff line up in a row!

HeLLo again! After a month of "hibernating", I am back to update more on our Maison :D

Our renovation with Contractor J had completed in mid-May and we were super caught up with cleaning our dirty Maison ever since! Our house-cleaning is 90% completed, and packing and unpacking are progressing pretty well...so thankful for the past long weekend to shift and unpack our boxes of barang-barangs. I had preferred last weekend as our 'staycation', away from our usual lifestyle and all distractions as we literally eat, sleep, sh*t and breathe around this activity called "unpacking & packing" in our new Maison those 3 full days. It was daunting yet super exciting! Our 'staycation' started with the delivery of something which (I think) we have not seen around in our neighbourhood (yet)! It is also our FIRST black stuff at the beginning of the line! GUESS what IT IS??? :sport-smiley-004:

*drum rolls*

*drum rolls*

*drum rolls*

*drum rolls continues*

*drum rolls continuesssss*

1433255285715_zpsgowzmj3z.jpg

TA-DA! YES! This is the first AIBI lorry we have seen in our estate so far :notti: Because I think many of us will not order an exercise machine so early at our renovation or shifting in stage. HAHA. We Did! And our AIBI Cross-trainer is sitting happily in our shared gym-and-toy-bedroom now :sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-018:

2015-06-01%2022.01.16_zpsyvt8p2ui.jpg

:dancingqueen:

Next black stuff in line! It is none other than the Hubby's LED-lighted movie poster box (such a long name)! Same as our AIBI machine, it is hanging happily on the wall beside the cross-trainer. (Soon to come :ph34r:) The Hubby is looking at bringing in 2 of IKEA's Detolf glass cabinets for his toys display, to be placed adjacent to the happy-poster-box. Shall update on that when the time comes :sport-smiley-018:
2015-06-02%2022.33.38_zpsyvlgdxcz.jpg

And lastly, the black stuff at the end of the line - Boltless L-shaped metal racks in our household shelter! We got the contact from a fellow forum-er and neighbour in our same estate! (You know who you are - Thank you!) :lol: Installer is a nice young chap (did I forget to mention he is handsome too? *ahem* Okok, back to serious business -) The installation was done in 30mins and WALLA~! Our metal racks are resting happily in the shelter now!

I love the matt black colour which contrasts against the white confined space. YEAH! STORAGE Time! ! ! :idea:
20150531_151704_zpsgompujfn.jpg
These are the only 3 most prominent black stuff /items in our French-country house right now and amusingly, they are really lined up in a (horizontal) row! From the corner of our third bedroom, we have my AIBI Cross-trainer, to the other end of the same room (in line) is the Hubby's movie-poster-box and right across the passageway, the boltless metal racks in our household shelter! Hehe...some cheap thrill for myself here since black is not a frequent colour seen in our Maison. Not to worry that these items will clash with the rest of our theme because they will be well hidden (the metal racks are for sure) :notti: Shall update the "secret method" of hiding them in my next post! :lol:
Edited by CountryGlow

UpDaTeS on OuR Maison

THE beginning of OUR beginning ~ We are back after hibernation :jammin: (Cont')...

Enough of our black stuff mentioned in my last post, we got our beautiful king size bed delivered over our 'staycation' too :dancingqueen:

The design and colour of our bed is meant to suit the wallpaper and slight Victorian flair in our Master bedroom. The room is still looking pretty bare and it shall be my next point of focus - to throw in more decors to beautify the room further! :thumbs up: We had a good 3 night stay in our new bedroom and the bed & mattress are so comfy....looking forward to shift in and enjoy the room every single night! :)

20150530_203519_zpsjkumsqp5.jpg

20150530_203536_zpsk5rhoxbk.jpg

:( :( :(

One unhappiness during our 'staycation'....

While the delivery man was bringing in our bed frames, he had accidentally hit the frame against one of our wall lamps along our passageway *sobz* My jaw dropped (and my heart followed suit) when we saw the lamp cover shattering into pieces at that knock! :angry2::( :( It was one of my favourite lamps which I purchased over Taobao and although it is not costly (compared to Sg's prices), my happy mood was utterly ruined at the delivery man's carelessness. Despite the unhappiness, we had not pursued the matter with him or his company as we could see how tired he was after delivering so many heavy beds on that day (he is a skinny uncle in his 50s). We decided to let it go after seeing the guilt on his face, and especially his helpless look and when we told him the lamp was an overseas purchase and he could not buy a new piece for us from anywhere. Well, I guess this mini crisis would be a blessing in disguise...Thank God that the lamp is still available on Taobao and we will be bringing in a new piece to replace soon.

20150530_203411_zps9jf0uu0w.jpg

To end my post on a "lighter" note, the Hubby and I had survived on cup-noodles, Mcdelivery and biscuits during our 3-day 'staycation'. Haha! We have not turned on our PUB gas to do any cooking yet and we were too lazy to walk 10 minutes to the nearest coffee shop. Plus we thought staying indoors is most ideal in the crazy weather these days! Oh well, it was a romantic stay-in and why "lighter" is because we indeed weigh lighter on the weighing scale after the 3-day intensive packing and unhealthy eating. :no: Anyway! It was good quality time spent together and we are already halfway through packing and decorating our living hall :) Will find time to update on that the next few days :dancingqueen:

Curtains installation will be done this coming Saturday and YEAH! Finally can get some privacy from the opposite neighbours looking across! We can't wait! :yamseng:

20150531_002122_zpsp6cb0ngp.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

Your house is slowly becoming a home for the 2 of you!

Nice matte black racks! :notti:

Can't wait to see more photos of the house with all furnitures and decorations up! :wub:

UpDaTeS on OuR Maison

THE beginning of OUR beginning ~ We are DaNcInG around in our LiViNg rOOm :dancingqueen:

WeLcome to CountryGlow's Residence :lol:

20150531_181113_zpskrkssmzr.jpg

(Photo taken under warm lighting. Greeting items were purchased from Seoul & Malacca respectively)

Our "greeting signboard" next to our main entrance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In this post, I will be sharing a glimpse of our cosy living hall :thumbs up:

Right next to the main entrance as seen above, we have my next most favourite corner in our house...It is none other than the dining area where we share yummilicious food and quality conversations and interactions with the Hubby, our families and friends! :)

20150601_091404_zpskoe4eapk.jpg

20150601_091731_zpswo1j0zo8.jpg

20150601_091521_zpsgvunkxfu.jpg

TWO very beautiful & meaninigful 'decor items' to highlight in this corner :wub:

1. The Cuckoo Clock hanging above and;

2. The Precious Moments Cross-stitch at the backdrop of our dining area

Why had I mentioned these 2 as meaningful because they are priceless additions to our love-nest. The cuckoo clock was bought all the way from the Black Forest when we visited Germany 1 year ago (Haha! I have been waiting for the longest time to bring it to light!) Knowing the all famous cuckoo clock, the cuckoo bird will pop out of its little window to "cuckoo" very hour of the day, followed by playing 1 out of 12 different classical songs [one of the songs is 'Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)" ] at each hour... Aww... :wub:

While the clock carries memories and the original wood smell (and taste) of the Black Forest, the cross-stitch behind holds even more valuable worth to me in particular, as it was sewn by my Mummy many many years ago. It was left under my bed, totally forgotten and neglected until we found it few weeks back while packing and Ta-Da! It has re-surfaced for a good cause ! How apt it is for our dining area! :lol: Really adore how the earthly-brown shade and slightly rustic feel of these 2 items had added some warmth and a soft touch of glow to our French home.

Close-up look at our Cuckoo Clock (Oops! The warm lightings had not done justice to this beautiful timeless piece!)

20150601_171125_zpsbfvbc5mw.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

UpDaTeS on OuR Maison

THE beginning of OUR beginning ~ We are DaNcInG around in our LiViNg rOOm :dancingqueen: (Cont')

While our dining area oozes its sense of country flavour (or some said French cafe flavour), the Hubby and I would definitely look forward to snuggling up on our plushy sofa set after a long day out (whether after work or play)! At the other corner of our living hall, we have another space for gatherings, chillaxation (Smart TV entertainment) or simply, cuddling up with a book at any time of the day :sport-smiley-018: I love the french lace curtains draping at the back, creating a sense of illusion to peek out to a picturesque view... I shall leave it for you to imagine what type of picturesque view that is in there :rolleyes:

20150509_192617_zpsednfl5es.jpg

WAHAHA! I'm sorry if I have halted your imagination of whatever view you are thinking of....you are about to see what lies beyond those embroidery curtains.... :dancingqueen:

*smoke screen*

20150601_101148_zpswnlvld7s.jpg

There you go! :P The so-called "picturesque view" is our gym and toy collectible room! :yeah: This is the secret method which I had also mentioned in my previous post (no. 142)! They are curtains with a purpose! :dancingqueen: Meant to decorate our living hall and at the same time, cover the cold & hard black-coloured items in that bedroom. The lace curtains do not provide opaqueness to the scene in that room as the Hubby wishes to showcase his TOYs, and for me to watch television while I work out on that cross-trainer through a 'view'. Our wise idea... what a lovely unexpected scene, isn't it? *Hehe* :thumbs up::rolleyes:

20150601_101419_zpsierwm1qe.jpg

20150601_101445_zpssacfdqjr.jpg

The preview of our living hall shall end here :) We are still Work-In-Progress and are so so delighted to see what we have created to date! I shall leave you with the below 'view' so you will know why we are DaNcInG around in our LiViNg rOOm :yamseng:

20150314_143935_zpsdqm1bto3.jpg

(Picture dated 14-03-2015)

20150403_151802_zpsy2wv0hxx.jpg

(Picture dated 03-04-2015)

Edited by CountryGlow

:wub::wub::wub: super like what i'm seeing! amazing transformation :) (haha as i see ur house transform, i sense that a beautiful friendship here has bloomed too :D )

-clownprince's wife!