Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi doubleEM, YES it's really useful! You can play back and view whoever has passed by your corridor (eg courier or sales man etc) when you are not home. The door bell function comes with 15 different music as well :good:

Here's the link ~ http://world.tmall.com/item/41863309790.htm?id=41863309790

The peephole viewer seems pretty useful and cool. Would you mind sharing the link for it? TIA

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ From Inspirations to the Nooks and Spaces in our HoMe.

A quick update on what we have done to create our own special nOOk(s) in our Maison.

This is one area which got us scratching our heads on whether to place our dining table in that space or not. Scrapped the idea at the end as it is too cramped and will block the entrance into our kitchen. The space was eventually dedicated to a rare piece in most (Singaporean) houses - our fireplace mantel!

Did a Google search on how to decorate a fake fireplace and found this piece of inspiration on Pin Interest!

2015-07-21%2019.40.59_zpsobkbnasd.png

And we made that happen........somewhat :rolleyes:

Our nook for the fireplace

Mirror mirror on the wall - For us to check our hairdo. makeup etc before heading (rushing) out everytime! So appropriately placed. :thumbs up:

And as the inspiration above illustrates on creating a romantic setting, I have displayed 2 vases of handmade roses by the HUbby to replace the 'fire' in the mantel. Love the sight of our fireplace nook....

1438224038600_zpstxaunjvx.jpg

Close-up shot on what are on display...

(PSST: Thought it is a good idea to place the HUbby's bottle of wonder shrimps (see far right) on the fireplace mantel. Something interesting to admire at whenever we walk past into our kitchen :notti: )

2015-07-30%2011.26.06_zpsrhrxcwbn.jpg

The next nook we have created; I referred to it as - Our Gallery of Memories...

This is along the passageway into our Master bedroom. Once again, Googled for inspirations and I really love how this home owner had framed her entire wall with photos....

2015-07-21%2019.50.48_zpsftuw6gpn.png

And we made that happen. Again. Somewhat........

Gonna be re-creating memories in our new Maison soon! :wub:

1437098046096_zpszsh2uifm.jpg

1437098118378_zps8cgjkqxb.jpg

What we have created so far really brought satisfaction and smiles to our faces! :D We will continue to DIY and create new nooks in our lovenest after shifting in! YES, FINALLY! ! ! In conjuction with SG50 to celebrate our country's birthday, we will be moving in to our Maison during the long National Day weekend! :dancingqueen: HOORAY! LOL okay okay, I'm just drama-ing here! :rofl: But YES! The BIG move is finally here and we will be shifting in to our maison VERY sOOn! Till the next post, I will check in with more updates after our shift-in :seeya: :dancingqueen:

Edited by CountryGlow

lovely!! i like your "fireplace"! amazing how you can find such "furniture pieces", hope they are not too ex! it's quite funny, but nowadays when we go shopping, i would tell my hubby "it's so Countryglow!" hahaha! cheers to SG50 lol!

Hi CountryGlow can Pm me the contact for the acrylic panel & the cost as well? And can share the link for the writing desk? Thanks in advance.

UpDaTeS on OuR Maison

THE beginning of OUR beginning ~ We are back after hibernation :jammin: with 3 black stuff line up in a row!

HeLLo again! After a month of "hibernating", I am back to update more on our Maison :D

Our renovation with Contractor J had completed in mid-May and we were super caught up with cleaning our dirty Maison ever since! Our house-cleaning is 90% completed, and packing and unpacking are progressing pretty well...so thankful for the past long weekend to shift and unpack our boxes of barang-barangs. I had preferred last weekend as our 'staycation', away from our usual lifestyle and all distractions as we literally eat, sleep, sh*t and breathe around this activity called "unpacking & packing" in our new Maison those 3 full days. It was daunting yet super exciting! Our 'staycation' started with the delivery of something which (I think) we have not seen around in our neighbourhood (yet)! It is also our FIRST black stuff at the beginning of the line! GUESS what IT IS??? :sport-smiley-004:

*drum rolls*

*drum rolls*

*drum rolls*

*drum rolls continues*

*drum rolls continuesssss*

1433255285715_zpsgowzmj3z.jpg

TA-DA! YES! This is the first AIBI lorry we have seen in our estate so far :notti: Because I think many of us will not order an exercise machine so early at our renovation or shifting in stage. HAHA. We Did! And our AIBI Cross-trainer is sitting happily in our shared gym-and-toy-bedroom now :sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-018:

2015-06-01%2022.01.16_zpsyvt8p2ui.jpg

:dancingqueen:

Next black stuff in line! It is none other than the Hubby's LED-lighted movie poster box (such a long name)! Same as our AIBI machine, it is hanging happily on the wall beside the cross-trainer. (Soon to come :ph34r:) The Hubby is looking at bringing in 2 of IKEA's Detolf glass cabinets for his toys display, to be placed adjacent to the happy-poster-box. Shall update on that when the time comes :sport-smiley-018:

2015-06-02%2022.33.38_zpsyvlgdxcz.jpg

And lastly, the black stuff at the end of the line - Boltless L-shaped metal racks in our household shelter! We got the contact from a fellow forum-er and neighbour in our same estate! (You know who you are - Thank you!) :lol: Installer is a nice young chap (did I forget to mention he is handsome too? *ahem* Okok, back to serious business -) The installation was done in 30mins and WALLA~! Our metal racks are resting happily in the shelter now!

I love the matt black colour which contrasts against the white confined space. YEAH! STORAGE Time! ! ! :idea:

20150531_151704_zpsgompujfn.jpg

These are the only 3 most prominent black stuff /items in our French-country house right now and amusingly, they are really lined up in a (horizontal) row! From the corner of our third bedroom, we have my AIBI Cross-trainer, to the other end of the same room (in line) is the Hubby's movie-poster-box and right across the passageway, the boltless metal racks in our household shelter! Hehe...some cheap thrill for myself here since black is not a frequent colour seen in our Maison. Not to worry that these items will clash with the rest of our theme because they will be well hidden (the metal racks are for sure) :notti: Shall update the "secret method" of hiding them in my next post! :lol:

Congratulations for u to be a country style ID :)

Can u pm me contact of this Boltless L-shaped metal racks & Mr J.

Thanks

Have PM-ed you guys :jammin:

Hi, can you share yr acrylic contacts and cost and the 360 rotating mirror as well.

Thanks

Hi CountryGlow can Pm me the contact for the acrylic panel & the cost as well? And can share the link for the writing desk? Thanks in advance.

Congratulations for u to be a country style ID :)
Can u pm me contact of this Boltless L-shaped metal racks & Mr J.
Thanks

Thanks for dropping by again my dear! And to remember CountryGlow's furnishing style! Hahahaha...I call this post-reno-syndrome! Hahaha! I'm guilty of that too...when I see triangles and honeycomb design tiles and immediately thought of you! Yep the furniture are purchased locally and not cheap. Taobao has some of such pieces....if only I knew about it before we paid for our furniture *Boooo.... :( *

Anw! Glad that they all fit perfectly in our nest now :) I'm also waiting to see more of your updates! No more DIYs in the pipeline?? Hehehe!

lovely!! i like your "fireplace"! amazing how you can find such "furniture pieces", hope they are not too ex! it's quite funny, but nowadays when we go shopping, i would tell my hubby "it's so Countryglow!" hahaha! cheers to SG50 lol!

Hi,

Can u pm mi the address for the acrylic sheet at ubi, and how much u pay for the cutting?

Where you buy the drain hair catching sheet? Is it at daiso?

And also the black boltless L-shaped rack, can u share the contact & costs? Is the base using plywood or metal? What is the dimension of ur rack? Sorry for the list of long quries.

Thanks in advance

Hi very nicely done!

Can you kindly share the link for the little stool (sit to wear shoes), the kitchen rack (the white one besides your peppers picture) and the contact for the bomb shelter rack.

Thanks for the sharing!

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ Featuring our Home-Fix Adventure in our BATHROOMS!

In the next few posts, I shall talk about our ADVENTURE being our own contractor aka "Home-Fixers"! Which. We have managed to source, purchase and fix / install several new things in our Maison ourselves! :sport-smiley-018: :D

The first region to conquer - Our bathrooms! I bet most of us dislike the HDB panels which are installed at the top of our bathrooms meant to cover the huge water pipes. I always refer to them as 'checkered panels' because of the checks and gaps in the whole piece. Other than aesthetics, I can't imagine having insects (e.g. spiders) or mold growing underneath those checkered panels due to good shelter to the former, and condensation for the latter. It is therefore one of my must-do things for our house and it is to replace them......

Seeing what some forumers had done to transform their HDB bathrooms, one of the key things removed in the transformation are these panels. And because I have two very valid reasons, the Hubby was convinced to go through much trouble to replace these checkered panels. We have asked around on the costings involved (including from my own Contractor J) and have eventually decided to Do-It-Yourself/Ourselves (DIY) to save costs! Thanks to the very kind people around, we managed to go directly to a company located at UBI Road to order and cut our own white acrylic panels to replace the checkered ones. Here is the process of how our First ADVENTURE as "Home-Fixers" went.....

Original checkered panels in our bathrooms :o :wacko:

20150706_095847_zpswo8o798w.jpg

They gotta go ~

Initially, we had some difficulties removing these panels. Thanks to the neighbours in our estate's closed group in FB, who provided us solutions after we did a shout-out on How To Remove These Panels.

20150706_113139_zpsp8e7w1l1.jpg

No more check-check-check-checkers! :good:

20150706_113154_zpshuhgqghy.jpg

Presenting the NEW & white acrylic panels in our bathrooms now! :dancingqueen:

20150718_134047_zpsgqjsp1g7.jpg

Warm T5 lights which make all the difference to our bathrooms :D

20150718_131325_zpsqcpnijnu.jpg

Our First ADVENTURE as "Home-Fixers" was exciting :jammin: although it took us a whole lot of trouble to get the panels replaced. One pointer to note, For You who are keen to order and fix up such acrylic panels yourself - Do remember to bring along HDB original checkered panels for the store to do accurate measurements and cut accordingly. We had initially done our own measurements and provided them to the store to cut our acrylic panels. Ended up, the panels could not fit as it requires slightly smaller measurements than the original ones. We had to make 2 trips to get the acrylics settled and paid 2 times of cutting costs (they charged by per session). Not to mention that the acrylic panels are long and we had a hard time fitting them into our car. Boo~ Oh well, the acrylic panels have finally settled down and we have definitely gained some knowledge along the way! Minor hiccups will not discourage the "Home-Fixers"! Hehehe....More adventures to come!

The "Home-Fixers" would also like to share with you a useful tip related to the bathroom! Especially to the ladies, the packet of Drain Hair Catching Sheet below may be very useful for its self-explanatory purpose! I realised that the drainage trap provided by HDB seems to have smaller holes and it only takes 2 showers for my hair to clog up all the trap holes and water cannot flow through (not that I'm dropping a lot of hair). It can get rather frustrating having to clear those strands of hair so frequently :(

I was shopping one day when I found these hair catching sheets! You only have to paste the sheet over the drainage trap (one side is adhesive) and hair and/or dirt will collect on the sheet itself. Next thing you do, remove the sheet and throw everything away with great ease! I simply love such 'technology' to save me much effort and each packet of the catching sheet costs only $1.50 :good: *Parfait ~ *

2015-07-22%2013.56.41_zpshaelrp2w.jpg

hi Country Glow,
Regarding the acrylic panel, can you share the steps/video on the removal/replacing the existing panel with acrylic panel.
previously when tried to remove the panels to install the cove lighting, we got several cuts on hands and it was a terrible experience :S

Hi CountryGlow! Lovely house you've got there! I'm just starting out sourcing for IDs etc and one of them actually suggested that I should do up the acrylic panes myself to save cost! :)

Could you let me know where did you get the acrylic panes for your toilet and how much they cost?

Also where did you buy those drain hair catchers? I soooo need them!

Thank you!