Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

We are all SETTLED in, in our Maison De Style Champêtre ~

The Nitty And The Gritty... (Cont')

They are unnecessarily NECESSARY** - Frames, Quotes and Taglines (DIYed with touches of Pink! :P )

**Why nitty-gritties are crucial for our Country theme. The next few pictures will tell you why...

20151021_184555_zpsar2kxv9f.jpg

20151021_184549_zpsxvkc0evb.jpg

20151021_184623_zpszaoclvvl.jpg

IMG_20151112_223828_zpsied9lx8i.jpg

IMG_20151025_184624_zpsjpgior8i.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

They are unnecessarily NECESSARY**

**Why nitty-gritties are crucial for our Country theme. The next few pictures will tell you why...

The Nitty can transform the most original HDB bathroom to another style :bath:

1446707072078_zpshcsloxvq.jpg

IMG_20151025_175049_zpsg3zxh44h.jpg

The Gritties add personal touches while enhancing the country-charmed ambience in my own Space :wub:

IMG_20151114_095036_zps1hdtthcs.jpg

^^Note the pink candle/cupcake stand on the right. Think out of the box! You can use it as a stand to display your favourite fragrance, accessories or pretty ornaments on your dresser or desk! :lol:

IMG_20151114_095253_zpsjlfich9p.jpg

More spamming of pink among the nitty-gritties :lol:

Your home is one of the nicest home I have seen! Love how you decor your whole house to match the theme. Could yous share where you bought your telephone,tea set and the washing powder container.

They are unnecessarily NECESSARY** IN OUR FULLY FURNISHED MASTER BEDROOM!

1446706550051_zpskv1yjwc5.jpg

1446706670240_zpst7qqleaq.jpg

PS: Have to blur-out the chalkboard of our display piece hanging at the backdrop as our names are there (for confidentiality purposes :P ) This display piece holds much memories as it is a wedding gift by our cousin who hand-painted and hand-drawn (our blurred-out names) it! :paint::wub:

20151021_182354_zpsybow1tlp.jpg

We dislike having built-ins but we needed something to host our TV, wedding photos, scented candle, air purifier and the miscellaneous! Thought of this idea to buy a VHIVE bookshelf, removed one of the shelving, and had it transformed into our TV and display console! :dancingqueen:

After months of shifting in, we have finally completed decorating the Nitty-Gritties in our Country MBR. Every single detail matters. Do you agree? :rolleyes:

They are unnecessarily NECESSARY** IN OUR COUNTRY KITCHEN!

IMG_20151025_201428_zpsrxa0rrxq.jpg

An old-school chalkboard hanging at the entrance of our kitchen. Hung strategically above the kitchen light switches to remind us of the To-Do-List for the day/week :D

IMG_20151114_090652_zpslnf9i9ab.jpg

IMG_20151114_090736_zpsfxbx1vaz.jpg

IMG_20151114_090507_zpsjcmzajec.jpg

IMG_20151114_091024_zpsivs7eess.jpg

For us who do not cook much, we sure have many things happening in our kitchen aye? Blame it on the SO NEEDed Nitty-Gritties! *LOL* :drunk:

The next few posts are dedicated to the Hubby. Because we are going to showcase his TOY-ROOM at the following.

We got Guests! Iron Men & Transformers have landed in our Country House!

In my last post in late August, I was sharing how I had transformed the colours of our IKEA bookshelf's doors using Washi Tapes! Today, it is completed! AND our "new" shelf is neatly packed. :rolleyes: :lol:

PhotoGrid_1445174607631_zpsqzbwisei.jpg

20151025_181514_zpsr2i1gnmu.jpg

Apart from the bookshelf, MUCH was done to usher in our GUESTS to this part of our country house...

IMG_20151105_161116_zpswitoxixa.jpg

His Happy-Meal Transformer-Toys had decided to keep themselves warm with our Spain cottage hanging lamp! Such a cute mis-matching sight of this combi! Oh wellz, it matches the room's ambience. That is all that matters. :rolleyes:

20151025_181700_zpsaamnibtg.jpg

His Collection of Chirashi dominates the wall under our opening from the living hall. Be warned. Of what that is at the opposite of his Chirashi Galore.

1446707525633_zpsfuimmqgk.jpg

OOooh yes, basically; anyone will be surrounded by the Iron metals upon stepping into this room....

(Oops, and I forgot to mention a small segment of this room which is dedicated to the Hubby's love for the football club. You can tell which club from the last tier of the shelf :notti:)

The next few posts are dedicated to the Hubby. Because we are going to showcase his TOY-ROOM at the following.

We got Guests! Iron Men & Transformers have landed in our Country House! (Cont')

At last we found another shelf for his expensive collection of Transformer Figurines (packed in boxes).

I remarked that the metallic touches of the shelf does not quite match the overall room and so...! The very fast-hand-fast-leg Hubby went to spray paint it to the colour that matches! :sport-smiley-018:

IMG_20151110_115851_zpsl0cjl4xt.jpg

IMG_20151111_202257_zpsh0rivwxx.jpg

IMG_20151114_093133_zpsayogrtni.jpg

The Hubby is a very happy man now. His paradise.

IMG_20151105_160652_zpsqzgr1py8.jpg

View from the living hall when the curtains are drawn back.

IMG_20151105_160806_zpsd4pyvrjo.jpg

View from the living hall when the curtains are drawn.

Our SPECIAL GUESTS are all nicely packed into that room, aren't they? And that is how they co-exist in our Country HOME! :D:lol::):P

Woot! And I have come to the end of introducing our 95% completed Maison De Style Champêtre :dancingqueen:

Not sure what we are up next. As of now, we do enjoy coming back to a home which both of us have whole-heartedly invested and built in!

And somehow after all the Nitty Gritties were thrown in, our maison has became one which is contrary to the common theme these days.

We have a Maximalist Maison De Style Champêtre now! :D:lol::) :P

:yamseng:

Hi bgmoon,

I have PM-ed you the contact.

Hope it's still helpful :)

Hi, wonder if anyone can help to provide me the contact for the bomb shelter rack that countryglow has shared in this forum, please?

pls pm me [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

TIA!

Hi shredderman! Thanks so much for your encouraging words! I've PM-ed you! :)

Hey there CountryGlow!!

Your house looks really good!! I would be really afraid to try this style but somehow it really works here!!

I'm looking to renovate soon as well, and I was hoping if you could share the contact details of Mr B and Mr J?

Thank you!!

Hi zen_zen!

Awww....thanks so much!! Appreciate your kind words!

Below are the links to the telephone and washing powder tin.

Vintage Phone - http://world.taobao.com/item/3848703420.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.ntzr5q&_u=e2emo0h7a53b

Washing Powder Tin - http://world.taobao.com/item/41813942928.htm?fromSite=main

For the tea cup set, it was a gift, so yep! No link for that :)

Your home is one of the nicest home I have seen! Love how you decor your whole house to match the theme. Could yous share where you bought your telephone,tea set and the washing powder container.