Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Lazyfatcat007! Your nick always reminds me of Garfield in the James Bond pose :P

Anw, have PM-ed you too! Cheers.

Hello CountryGlow, can pm me for contacts for boltless racks and rotating mirror? Thanks!

Love seeing decorated places long after move in! The empty houses after renovations only go so far... It's the decor that really brings it all together. :)

So happy that you're enjoying your new home! Your happiness radiates from your posts!

Hi Countryglow,

Fantastic place you have there! I'm loving your house as well as all your posts on this.

Can I quickly check with you what material is your Wainscoting made of?

Also, how much is it per square feet ?

Many thanks for your help !

Cheers,

tweien

Carpentry works PART I (Cont')

Up next! - *The highlights of our living hall*

(Work in progress - Wainscoting ) ... Chair-rail and beadboard running along the left side of the hall.

Here, we will be placing our dining table, TV console and buffet cabinet along the wainscoting :dancingqueen:

Notice the cut-out boxes at the end of the beadboard which Mr J had considered for us? They are meant to fit in the switch sockets for our TV, player etc and to be disguised along the wooden panels. So professional of him to think for us as he often emphasises on aesthetic and design :)

20150407_161833_zpsvbza177o.jpg

(Work in progress - Cottage window opening ) ...On the opposite side of the wainscoting, we have my "creation" of a Cottage window which will have a tempered glass fixed between a white wooden border, looking into bedroom 3. We will be placing our cushy fabric sofa under here...Lovely aye? :P

20150407_162245_zps0kt8h7nu.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Really gotta praise Mr J's workers for their intricate workmanship and good attitude. They are friendly and gladly shared with us on renovation knowledge and help us rectify/ accede to our last minute requests to changing certain details of the carpentry works. Caught some shots when they were working - skillful indeed! :good: :good:

20150407_143500_zpsr2sxxsc4.jpg

20150407_162015_zpsmbjwbh4r.jpg

20150407_163550_zpsvci8scqh.jpg

Hi tweien89!

Thanks for you kind words!

Our beadboard wainscoting is made of MDF board, and grooves are cut to form the panel-like wainscot.

I'm not sure how much was charged per feet but we paid about $1.2k for that entire length of wainscot as seen in my living hall. Anw, wainscoting can vary in designs and so are the costings. The more layers and panels used in your wainscoting, the more $_$ you will have to incur!

Hope my info helps! :)

Hi Countryglow,

Fantastic place you have there! I'm loving your house as well as all your posts on this.

Can I quickly check with you what material is your Wainscoting made of?

Also, how much is it per square feet ?

Many thanks for your help !

Cheers,

tweien

Hi, nice furniture you got there. I are also looking for dressing table & cabinet like yours.

Can you share where is the location of your friend recommended shop at?

Many thanks in advance

Hi gerald85!

We got our furniture pieces from JS Manhattan Interiors, link for your easy ref - http://jsmanhattan.com/

They usually hold private tea parties which items are priced at 50% off. Let me know if you need the contact, I can link you up with the friendly lady boss!

Have fun furniture-shopping! :)

Hi, nice furniture you got there. I are also looking for dressing table & cabinet like yours.
Can you share where is the location of your friend recommended shop at?
Many thanks in advance

Hi gerald85!

We got our furniture pieces from JS Manhattan Interiors, link for your easy ref - http://jsmanhattan.com/

They usually hold private tea parties which items are priced at 50% off. Let me know if you need the contact, I can link you up with the friendly lady boss!

Have fun furniture-shopping! :)

Hi CountryGlow,

Yes I would like to get link up and also to see their showroom. Tried PM you but failed. Possible to drop me a PM?

Many thanks in advance.

THANK YOU :D:D:D

Also thanks to one of the forumers here who had recommended us to Cromly. If not, the feature will never had happened! :lol:

Congrats on your feature in Cromly!!

Great feature on Cromly! Love how you have personalise your space because that is what a home is. Cheers