Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
canman42

Id Recommendation For Terrace House

Would like to have some recommendation for a good ID for my place. Have tried contacting a number of them but those recommended in Renotalk are just too busy to meet up.

Met up 2 so far and received a quotation......disappointing! Asked to see their drawings and plans for our place but was told that they dun reveal their plans and designs for our place until after afew rounds of meeting with us! Yet, they have been to our place twice to see and take measurements?

Is this the normal practice?? Another thing is that we only get to talk to the kah kia, so far they talk to the ID. And 1st quote came in, in excess of 100K :(

Pls help.

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi...

" Asked to see their drawings and plans for our place but was told that they dun reveal their plans and designs for our place until after afew rounds of meeting with us!"

of course la... if me i also wont reveal plans... briefly explain to you can liao..... later you take my plans, go give other people/find contractors do save cost then waste my effort planning and drawing.....

just letting you know... that its the norm for ID's to not give home owners 3d drawings/sketches/ideas until they sign the contract. i can do a free hand sketch of the rough look, but you cannot take that rough sketch away.

Hi,

for my case is that i arranged meet up with the contractor at my new house to take measure and quote for me first, let him know all my requirements and design. as i want to have a loft design and add bathtub, he then help to see if my ideas can work.

after the meet up, he then give me a quotation in few days time. considered fast to me. i have quotation sent to me after 2 weeks. horrible.

after confirmation, with deposit paid, then i request for 3d drawings.

Thanks for the replies.

Could anyone help to comments whether some of these quotations are reasonable?

a. design & fabricate built in kitchen cabinets - high quality laminate doors w/abs trimmings 40ft - $7600

b. supply 7 install solid surface top or imperial black granite as kitchen work top 16ft - $1600

c. design & fabricate built in full ht wardrobe w/laminate/veneer swing door 12ft - $4080

d. design & fabricate study table top & bottom 16ft - $2560

e, design 7 fabricate built in full ht wardrobe w/laminate/veneer swing doors 11ft - $3740

f. painting works for whole unit (interior & exterior) - $12,000

g. supply & install nytoh main door 1200mmx2400mm(non fire rated) include door frame - $2300

Appreciate any views. Thanks!

Request to pay for the 3D drawing before signing the contract. This amount will be deductable from the cost once the contract is signed.

This way, both the owner and the designer is secured

hi,

do ensure which brand of painting to be use, it there any laminate for internal for all furniture, and which)brand of laminate are able to choose.

Also, any protection an clearing work during the whole process. will be good to get a work schedule from them.

me n my hubby just got a semi-d at pasir panjang area. after reviewing thru 6 id. we decided to sign wit bernard from space art interior. he was very responsible n we dun have to worry about a single thing. anything i just alias wit him thru sms n whenever i went to take a look on the weekend, i was nvr disappointed. basically, all requirement i had is met. 2 thumbs up. mayb u can call him @8283xxxx.

anyone knows which are the top ID company A&A for landed?
interested to get a few quotes and compare..
please share if u have experience in using any or know of any names.

thanks

Guest Yiling Tan

mine was D&B. i see it pointless to engage ID if you know what you want. jut do a bit of homework or engage a contractor and tap on their expertise to save cost.

it came out pretty decent :good: (of course you must find experienced contractor la)

can pm me if u want to engage him.