Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
danielbeh

Getting My House Keys Soon, What Are Things I Can Buy From Usa?

Hi all! I am getting my house keys, and i'm having a worktrip to USA (Los Angeles) soon. What are the things that can be bought in USA significantly cheaper than in SG?

I have (almost) free shipping to Singapore, so just take it as shipping is not a cost to be factored in.

Tech stuffs :

1. Bose home theatre system

Bedroom :

1. High quality bed sheets? Any recommendations?

Kitchen :

1. Good kitchen knives and cutleries? Any recommendations?

Please help me to fill in the details based on your experience/knowledge. Thanks! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You probably need to go to their shopping outlets to get good deals which normally requires driving out.

Some of the outlet in LA - Carmarillo and Desert Hill, both are premium outlets which i would recommend if you are intending to get Bose. There are many good brands as well. Can go to Best Buy to get some electronics.

I would say anything that is a US brand should normally be cheaper, like Philips, Tumi, Bose, NorthFace, etc.. for cookware, Lodge, All Clad, etc. However, even with 60kg baggage allowance i wouldn't lug so much things back when i can go online to amazon to purchase and have them ship free to Singapore.

i didn't buy anything renovation related when in the US, most is for personal use.

If you are familiar with transformer, you can get irobot from USA. SO MUUUUCH cheaper. but need transformer to step down. Cause USA is 110V, ours is 220V

You probably need to go to their shopping outlets to get good deals which normally requires driving out.

Some of the outlet in LA - Carmarillo and Desert Hill, both are premium outlets which i would recommend if you are intending to get Bose. There are many good brands as well. Can go to Best Buy to get some electronics.

I would say anything that is a US brand should normally be cheaper, like Philips, Tumi, Bose, NorthFace, etc.. for cookware, Lodge, All Clad, etc. However, even with 60kg baggage allowance i wouldn't lug so much things back when i can go online to amazon to purchase and have them ship free to Singapore.

i didn't buy anything renovation related when in the US, most is for personal use.

Thanks benetay, I've been to Desert Hill in 2014 and it's amazing! Spent an entire day there. Thanks for the advices.

If you are familiar with transformer, you can get irobot from USA. SO MUUUUCH cheaper. but need transformer to step down. Cause USA is 110V, ours is 220V

Thanks nanachan7. I used a transformer in a hotel in Japan before, all i know that it's a little bulky and heavy. Something like this should work? http://www.amazon.com/Goldsource-STU-1000-Voltage-Transformer-Converter/dp/B003OPFJD6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427292722&sr=8-2&keywords=transformer+110+220

Saw the pricing at irobot's SG and amazon, many of them are 50% cheaper in US! Are irobot's prices controlled in US (like Bose)? Or is Amazon's price the best?

Edited by danielbeh