Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, Diva79, can't really see your where your WM is, but from the picture, it seems like the stove is not directly facing the fridge. The fridge is slightly off, isn't it? :deal: I'm also having a L-shape kitchen configuration with my stove on the same side.

Just went to the contractor's laminate showroom this morning. It was very worthwhile 'cos I realised, in time to change, that laminate I chose didn't have as nice wood grain as its neighbour in the catalogue. As the laminate showroom has A4 size laminate samples (as compared to the tiny inch wide samples in the catalogue), you can get a better picture of how the laminate looks. After choosing, you can also bring back the A4 size sample you chose and see the effect against your tiles, etc. :good: I highly recommend a trip to the laminate showroom for those choosing woodgrain laminates. Now, my contractor and I can be at ease with my choice. Ding xin le! :)

The showroom sales person also helped me shortlist and finally choose a matching 1.5mm ABS trimming for my chosen laminate. :) Apparantly, a way to choose ABS trimming is to put the ABS trimming on its side (vertical) instead of on its back (horizontal). This way, you can see whether the colour of ABS trimming matches more easily as you will not be distracted by the patterns.

OK, Diva79 :D. Pictures of tile samples and carpentry laminate...

The boys' toilet tiles for which I was outvoted 3 to 1. No fish tile sample, though...

th_43760_Boys_122_59lo.jpg

Kitchen tiles

th_43765_kitchen_tiles_122_94lo.jpg

The brown kitchen floor is supposed to go well with our light brown kitchen laminate. See the little rectangle box? That's the size of the sample you normally get in a catalogue which does not do justice to the whole laminate 'cos you can't see the entire wood grain pattern.

th_43775_lamsample_122_163lo.jpg

The "more masculine" kitchen wall tiles

th_43770_kitchentoilet_122_65lo.jpg

The tumbled marble effect of our master bathroom toilet tiles

th_43779_MBRtiles_122_145lo.jpg

Reno starts tomorrow. ;):thumbs up:

Here are the BEFORE pictures.

The kitchen

th_32141_IMG_3101_122_524lo.JPGth_32148_IMG_3102_122_385lo.JPG

The kitchen toilet

th_32155_IMG_3103_122_485lo.JPG

The boys' toilet

th_32163_IMG_3105_122_327lo.JPGth_32170_IMG_3106_122_359lo.JPG

Our bathroom

th_33856_IMG_3104_122_454lo.jpg

The flamingo sanctuary we are conserving. No more funds. ;)

th_33859_IMG_3110_122_339lo.JPG

Thanks, HiroX.

Reno. started yesterday. Red carpets laid to protect the floor. Items to be reused, e.g. glass shelves wrapped neatly in newspapers and storage heater, were put carefully aside. Kitchen cabinets were dismantled and disposed. Water taps relocated for reno. use.

Yesterday, we also gave a copy of the reno. permit and a little note apologising for the noise and dust to our neighbours - left, right, top and below.

Hacking starts today.

Yah. :) The contractor does exhibtion works too; hence, his trademark red carpet treatment to protect the floor from dust and force. :)

Sigh. Just found out yesterday at HDB hub that we can't apply for Citigas 'cos there's no source gas pipe in the block...kena conned by dunno which Citigas telephone operator 2 months back :yamseng: ...so now, we've to change our beautiful symmetrical kitchen design to an asymmetrical one in order to provide a 500mm space for the gas cylinder. So sad...:D

There's a need to try to standardize some of the door sizes so that the kitchen doesn't look too messy with doors of many different widths. Hence, I've to hide the 2 big drawers as pullouts inside two 500mm doors (to match the gas cylinder's 500mm door). For same reason, the horizontal wall cabinets has to make way for vertical ones.

The resulting left side of the L. The original symmetrical design not shown 'cos already deleted.

th_89302_Left_L_122_442lo.jpg

The carousal, already bought from Ikea, has to go to the right side of the L-shape...that requires 600mm...so now my sink can't be symmetrically in the middle of two 450mm cabinets. The carousal side of the sink has to be 600mm and the other, 300mm. :D

The resulting right side of the L. The original design with the sink symmetrically in the middle not shown.

th_89303_Right_L_122_423lo.jpg

welldone, homeowner! for your ability to speedily response to a problem;)

about citigas misinformation, do u think u need to make a 3th attempt to verify the info again? juz to be sure if the phonecall-officer or the hdb-hub-citigas-officer is the one making the mistake... it does happen, and if lucky, u may not need to change the design at all. hehe

btw, new design is stil very attractive.

:yamseng:

Thanks for your encouragement, rummi. :good: Called Citigas yesterday and the person confirmed no source pipe for my block. :good:

So, I guess this is it. The FINAL design. Contractor called to confirm the aluminium handle model and size and stainless steel dish rack size ($28 only for 3 piece 760mm!!! :good: )...so I guess they are probably starting on the carpentry today. :thumbs up: